Chapter 8 – Changing Time
385 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nafız brought Shaky Head to the front of the coffins with support from her shoulder. Her friend's condition was getting more serious, and her every step was accompanied by a moan.

"You first, hurry!"

Nafız spoke, pointing to the more giant coffins as they dragged the heavy lid to the floor. They saw the crystal ball on the white interior trim. When he took the ball in his hands, he discovered a beating heart inside.

At the same time, the coffin's interior was lifted, and the secret compartment below was exposed. While Shaky Head was admiring the armor set that appeared in the lower section, he was startled by the warning from Nafız.

"Quick, eat the heart in your hand!"

Her instincts told Nafız that there was a miracle in the beat of this organ that had been waiting for so many years. Shaky Head, who was suddenly alarmed, started chewing the football-size heart in his hand by throwing it into his mouth. When the heart pieces descended into his stomach, he lost consciousness and fell to the ground.

Nafız leaned over to her friend and checked his breathing. She saw that his breathing continued and only then took a sigh of relief.

When he was unconscious, Shaky Head's white face was slowly regaining its former color. The wound he had inflicted on his chest, accompanied by bone sounds coming from his body, was closed and almost completely healed.

After a long time, Shaky Head came out of a deep coma. He was watching around from where he lay. Apart from the healing of his wounds, no physical change was noticeable.

The real change seemed to have happened in his soul. His temperament at the height of purity had wholly changed since he was born. The grief in his gaze was the most important proof of this.

"Thank you!"

Shaky Head confirmed from his place and called Nafız.

"Thank you very much for taking care of me."

Nafız did not know what to say in the face of the words she heard from the Orc, who always looked around carelessly. Having finished, Shaky Head got up and walked towards the far corner of the room.

There was a creature lying face down on the ground. The Angry Bull was dying in the corner of the room with the hammer entering its body. We grabbed the Shaky Head handle and pulled it to himself, then turned the giant hammer a few turns with one hand and started talking.

"Can you call me by the name Alyon?"

When the deep voice reached her ear, Nafız was watching Shaky Head, who took a completely different attitude with great surprise.

"While I am interested in Alyon's last gift, you can take your legacy too. Don't forget to act fast."

Alyon smiled and spoke before dislodging the Angry Bull's beating heart, lying on the ground.

"Yeah, yeah, it's fun to sell my words to me, right? Come on, have fun! "

Nafız began to walk to the closed coffin with a rumor. When she opened it, she saw that this coffin, unlike the other, was upholstered in a blood-red fabric. Mora's hair came to her mind, and she muttered with grief.

"Even your death is ostentatious."

The coffin contained a small glass vial and a few drops of blood floating in it. Nafız thought, "So that's our thing, too." When she opened the cap of the bottle, a familiar smell came to her nose. It was the smell that stunned her when she was about to collide with the Angry Bull in her imagination.

Nafız dumped the bottle while her consciousness was in the tide. Nafız was screaming in pain when the blood she swallowed began to travel, burning everywhere it passed. Fragments of fire, roasting every inch of her body, began to gather upward after a while.

When the blood reached her head, countless scenes, disappointments, happiness flocked to her as if she wanted to blow her brain. She was writhing in pain and screaming as she felt the pangs of Mora's hard training in her body.

She felt a chill in her head as she swung through an endless cycle of suffering. Nafız recovered as the feeling spread through her body like a sacred sound.

"What the hell! Get your hands off me!"

When Nafız woke from pain, she spoke with anger. As Alyon caressed her head, she sat it on his lap like a kitten.

" It doesn't do you any good either. You are cranky as always!"

Alyon stood up to put on the armor in the coffin. The armor was made of a pitch-black substance, reminiscent of medieval Europe in form. As he wore it, the armor was spontaneously reformed to fit over him.

"The workmanship of Mora's father, first-class."

Nafız couldn't hide her admiration. When she returned to her coffin, three beautiful gifts were waiting for her too. The lower part of the coffin contained a composite bow, two pale red leather bracelets, and a silver ring.

Nafız was already familiar with the uses of these substances, thanks to the consciousness she received from Mora. Mora was known in the past as a unique warrior with two specialties. In addition to being a highly expert on dark arts blood magic, her assassin abilities were also incredible.

When she put the silver ring on her finger, she had ample storage space to store her belongings and loot. Such a ring was owned only by the current Orc Lord in the Orc Steppes. Nafız had to admit that Abarran was quite generous to her daughter.

There were silver skull reliefs on the leather bracelets. Their appearance was a decorative item, but these bracelets provided almost all of Mora's attacking power.

According to the wearer's size, the bracelets had a feature that could adjust their size, like Alyon's armor. In the thought of Nafız, two daggers jumped out of the part of the bracelets facing the outside of the hand. The appearance of these daggers resembled those in a movie about Genghis Khan's life.

"The corpse has not cooled yet. I have to collect some blood essence."

Seeing the daggers, she remembered the Minotaur corpse, whose heart was eaten by Alyon.

" I'll rip you in pieces! You will like it too, don't worry! "

As Nafız thrust her daggers into the newly dead body, she mimicked the speeches the Minotaur made while he was alive. After smashing the body for a while, the color of the wrists began to turn red.

"This is not enough. I have to shed more blood."

Their legacies were great, but if they wanted to use them, they had to improve themselves. Knowing how to do something didn't mean you could do it. "It's time to get out of here," said Nafız, who put her bow on her back.

When they walked through the door in the room with Alyon, they found themselves in the Black Cave. When they left this cave in the middle of the day, they saw it was already dark.

"Is it time to go to the tribe, Shaky?"

As lightning flashed in her eyes, Nafız shouted hard at Alyon.

"Do not call me by that name"

"Okay, how shall I address you?"

"When we return to the tribe, you will learn my name with everybody."

Complementing her words, Nafız let out a shrill scream.

"We need to get stronger urgently. Do you have a challenge?

Alyon was watching the wild creatures rushing to where the scream came from.

"As far as I know from my memories, there is no challenge I lost to you."

The two started running towards the wild horde of creatures that came upon them. Nobody would know that the reason for the stench of blood that did not disappear over the place that would later be called the Red Mountain was the massacre tonight.

While all these things were happening, strange things were also happening in the orc tribe. Kalindiş, who came out of the Black Cave injured, took the ten warriors he left behind and returned. When they entered the tribe, he turned to his father's tent, ignoring the glares.

"How can a Thick Fang be so hurt? There were about twenty soldiers with him!"

"There must have been a problem with the hunt." What a creature he was that wounded a warrior like him!"

When they saw the situation of Thick Fang passing through their region, Quartermasters started to argue among themselves. Rumors soon swept the tribe, and everyone had an idea of what was right or wrong.

''Are you stupid? How could you speak like that in Angry Bull's cave? You have to be grateful that you can turn in one piece. "

Tiger Heart was scolding his son, having experienced firsthand the fury of the creature that was the lord of the Great Mountain.

"At least you could think of coming to me first. Now we have to make an excuse appropriate to the situation."

A treacherous glow appeared in the eyes of the Tiger heart, completing her words.

"Now listen carefully! Soon you will memorize what I will tell you in the letter. When we gather in your grandfather's tent in the evening, you will talk about what I told you."

The Thick Fang was able to respond by shaking its head due to its wounds. Seeing this scene, Tiger Heart's attitude softens a little.

"Go and rest in your tent. I'm sending the healer next to you."

When his son stepped out, Tiger Heart took lightning speed towards the tent where his father was.

"Sir, please stop! The chief ordered no one to come in!"

Responding with a fist to the warning of the warrior waiting for the guard, Tiger Heart rushed into the door of the tent. The orc chief Ayıboğan was living fiery minutes with two female orcs that he took under his arms. When he saw his son entering through the door, he made the earth groan with his roar.

"Tiger Heart, what you think you are doing!"

Tiger Heart fell on two knees after a roar and spoke, adding a sad tune to his voice.

"Father! I told you this day would come!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Never waste yourself on someone who doesn't take their time for you.

Charles Bukowski

5