Chapter 86 – Monster in the Trap
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Oh! Look, this is interesting indeed; let them go and fetch it and see what it looks like. I'm bursting with boredom. Maybe I'll play with it a bit!"

A chill came over the messenger as the one-eyed man licked his lips with his thin snakelike tongue. The most remarkable feature of their captains was their murderous interrogation technique, which was pointed out even among mercenaries.

The Chief of the Main Orc Tribe knew that after the defeat in Parthenia, the next target would be the local tribe. So he gathered a contingent of five thousand mercenaries. As in the detail that caught Nafız's attention, there were no orcs around. The tents of the tribe were full of legionnaires.

"What an unfortunate orc. Let's see how long it will last."

"If she knew what was going to happen to her, she would deliberately put her head in front of the arrow that fell on her!"

A team of ten people was chatting on their way to pick up prey caught in the net. The common thread was the misfortune of the orc, how cheerful these people were walking to their deaths. They did not know that Nafız had already cut the net and waited for them to come behind a rock.

The daggers she got from the dungeon were enough for this job, and the material was made of low-grade steel. The mercenaries should not have felt the need to spend money on these desolate lands. When the group, walking step by step to their death, reached their destination, they could see the empty net and a shadow passing in front of them.

Within five breaths, nine of them no longer had a head to carry. Death had come so suddenly that they had smiles on their faces as their lifeless bodies fell to the ground. The end of the remaining mercenary would be even worse.

Assuming that the archer was watching them, the Blood God had passed behind this unfortunate man in the sixth breath, making him a target. Nafız, who caught the person who had a big piece of his waist by the neck, was glad that she had decided to use his body as a human shield.

The second arrow came four breaths later, this time breaking off the man's right leg. The orc, running holding it in front of him, would only shift to dodge the next arrow. When the third arrow came after the same time, Nafız deciphered the shooting speed and location of the man in front of her.

Swinging aside the corpse in her hand, she quickly stretched her bow, releasing the arrow she had created from her wrist so as not to risk her job. While the enemy archer was leaning on his quiver, preparing for the next shot, he could see the arrow that landed on him at the last moment.

It was too late now. Even if he threw himself to the side, he could not escape from being the target. He took the shot arm that came to his right shoulder and took it away. He would die ten breaths later with his eyes wide open as blood gushed from the gap left by his severed limb.

Warning bells were ringing. Since what had happened in a short time, Nafız had already infiltrated the tribe before the soldiers went into a state of war. She was dressed in jet-black battle armor, and she guessed that the equipment was made from the skin of a savage creature who was an expert at hiding himself in the dark at night.

The Blood God was like a fish in water. She had no innocents to watch out for or friends to watch out for; she was full of enemies. The situation that would have been a nightmare for another person created the joy of a child entering the amusement park.

She had unlimited tickets, and she could enter any tent and shed blood freely. She attached five arrows to her bow, mingling with the wind and spreading death with her daggers. As she was walking towards the chief's tent with blood splattered on her face, the ground suddenly began to shake.

Does every good thing have to come to an end? After hundreds of people died, the mercenaries were finally able to activate their defense systems. The ground cracked, and dark yellow walls rose around the tribe. In a short time, the open settlement would be surrounded by high walls.

The bald captain deduced from the reports that the enemy army had attacked his unit. Such a large-scale slaughter, from his perspective, was only possible with a large number of people. That was why he gave the order to activate the traps they had prepared.

"Wow, look, guys! They brought a portable fort, and we must have hurt the Orc Lord a lot!"

Nafız immediately checked the material of the wall, and the result was perfect for her. The price of such a structure would vary enormously according to the material used, and fortunately, an alloy of a higher grade than steel was used, although not as lousy as the nets.

The people who were waiting for an orc army before they would still be considered cautious. Nafız thought that even if it were only steel, it would be sufficient under normal conditions.

"You miserable creatures are trapped inside the castle. I can't wait to cash out each of you!"

The one-eyed man was shouting, adding a clause to the terms of his contract that they would receive five gold coins for each orc they killed. One reason he raised the walls was because of his greed.

His confidence would skyrocket as his voice echoed through the thirty-foot-tall walls. There were many war machines inside, and their tents were torn apart, ready to vomit death.

"Very good, let's see what you have and what you don't have. I will play with you later, not now!"

The enclosed area encompassed almost the entire tribe, and they were looking for enemies like crazy in a place four hundred paces, two hundred paces. Nafız was already hidden inside by carving a small hill; the enemy was everywhere, turning on the lights.

"Sir, we can't find anyone. It doesn't appear in any hole in the walls!"

The grim-faced captain is waiting for the end of the battle but is disappointed by reports from his subordinates. He used the trump card in his hand; with this trick, they had come to these days by killing many enemies.

"There is something wrong with this situation; send teams right outside the walls and see if a tunnel has been dug secretly. The enemies couldn't have fled too far, and I don't want even one to survive!"

The logic, which was based on a mistake, was complicated to correct afterward. Many could not so readily admit that they had made a mistake. Having received his orders, a thousand soldiers quickly rushed out of the walls and dispersed in all directions, searching for the imaginary enemy army.

This movement was what Nafız wanted; as the density of people inside the walls decreased, there were areas where she could move. There were still enough people to kill, but they were no longer the target.

Killing people wouldn't satisfy her from now on. All she could think about was whether the army she came with could handle the thirty war machines she had come with? If the walls were woven to catch the trap, the attack-type machines were one giant black widow spider.

Only this time, their luck had deserted the mercenaries. While they were waiting for a massive flock of flies, they had a venomous scorpion instead. While Nafız was slowly coming out of her hiding place, she took out some of the arrows inside the ring she took from Mora.

This accumulation was a priceless treasure; the belongings of the person who was trained as the future leader of her sect were in her hands. Some materials have never been seen on these lands throughout history.

Attaching one of the special-headed arrows to her bow, the Blood God set her sights on her first target. Since the structure of these varieties was different, Nafız could send an arrow with each shot. Although the method seemed useless when it was first said, the shoot that detonated the war machine it hit met the expectations.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some people look like a stain or a speck on an item, not even a thing.

Nikolai Vasilievich Gogol

0