Chapter 93 – The Pains of Change
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

''You come here. I will give you an important task!"

Nafız called out to the man standing in front of his family, who was crouched in the corner. The shopkeeper, who could not get out of his shock at what he saw, would only understand what was said after the third time.

"Ma'am, I'm coming. Please, please!''

What had just happened; seeing the thin female orc, the men trembled with fear and attacked each other with a word: human-sized physique, red-tipped hair, and two coal-black daggers. There was no doubt that this orc was the one who was hated among the people.

"Blood God Nafız!"

"Wow, how famous I've become in this city. While I don't know any of them, all people know who I am in sight!"

Thinking that the female orc in front of him had angered her after his words, the man moved to fall at his feet, as he had done to the leader of the racketeers.

''Stand up! You don't need to act stupid; you take your family and go to the Partheni family mansion without being seen by anyone!''

Walking towards his wife and little girl, the man turned around after a few steps.

"Ma'am, there is no way they can take us there!"

The owner of the voice was right; they could not enter the residence of one of the three noble families of the city by waving their arms. Remembering that something that is child's play for him can be complicated for others, Nafız sighed deeply.

"Tell the orc guards at the gate; Commander Nafız sent us to Eftelya lady, if you don't believe me, you can ask her if she knows about Istanbul!''

When Nafız was talking to the young girl, she often spoke about this city, where she lived her previous life. She was very curious about Eftelya, she used to talk about it, she was thinking about it, and she was bringing the subject there.

"Still, if they do not want to let you in, you will say that if we do not enter through this door, Nafız will burn you alive like those traitors."

Protecting the households of the three noble families were members of the orc tribe in the Arid Zone. It was impossible for them not to understand the event's seriousness, as they had witnessed both the war and the events during the banquet.

"We're leaving right now. We will go to the place you say from the side streets, without being seen by anyone!"

The family quickly left the place where they had been through terrible times. They were leaving behind ten corpses and a female orc.

"What a mess! They are like novice butchers; they have to cut a man over and over to kill him!"

Nafız was scanning the blood-soaked room with her eyes. Luckily she was a colossal carrying ring.

She couldn't put anything breathing in her interspace ring because there was no air to be inhaled into the lungs.

After collecting the dead bodies in one move and throwing the unconscious leader on her back, the Blood God threw herself into the void through the window she entered.

After two steps down, she leaped onto the opposite roof. Marcos' castle was not far away, and she was already in the garden through the high walls within a hundred breaths.

Meanwhile, the young Lord was standing in front of the window in his room, watching. When someone caught his eye on his castle, he slightly panicked.

"No need to worry, the person you see is Commander Nafız, but I don't know what the person on her back is doing next to her!"

The City Lord breathed a sigh of relief as Kubey understood the situation of the person she was protecting and made the necessary clarification. The leader of the bodyguards had sharp eyes and sensitive ears. Although Nafız did not know, she knew the person she was carrying on her back.

Not long after, the orc opened the room door and entered, throwing the man she was carrying on her back to the ground. The tremor would wake the racketeer's leader; as he looked around, Marcos, black hair dancing on his shoulders, caught his eye.

There was no distance of three feet between them. I mustn't miss this opportunity; the rabble leader thought as he sprang from his seat, pouring all his remaining strength into his knees. As the man who took the first step started the second with hope, he saw that the fingers of his outstretched hand were turned upside down.

His whole body moved in the same direction with significant momentum, except for his fingers, which suddenly changed his mind. His eyes, looking at the source of the pain, would see the green hand gripping it like a vice, and after a breath, one side of his face was sticking back to the floor.

"Ma'am, I speak with all due respect. I hope you have no plans to try me with such a bug. I count this as an insult to myself and our tribe!"

The bodyguard's leader, the female orc, was always on the alert, so it was easy to sense the ground person's intentions, but the man's low strength bothered her. She expressed her dissatisfaction with the situation in a polite but firm manner.

"I caught the asshole torturing a family; he was saying things about the city lord and us. I am waiting for a detailed report from you on the subject, be ready before sunset!"

''Don't worry! While you chat with my Lord, I will be busy with this!"

The Blood God's eyes lit up, Miloş was praising the female orc, but she wasn't expecting that much. Despite being given a task she could not refuse, she knew how to ensure his safety when leaving the person she was protecting.

"A short conversation is acceptable; hurry up! And work on the parts that will not be seen when you wear clothes!"

''As you wish!''

The bodyguard's leader, dragging the man on the ground by his bent wrist, left the room and set out for her private office. The wide corridor was already groaning with screams. Kubey was at work.

The City Lord could neither understand nor ask what had happened. Only the person thrown into his room had an expression that questioned why he was in that state.

"Marcos, it seems that unlike me, you know the person I brought. Let's clear this up first, shall we?"

The fact that she couldn't recognize the man was making Nafız a little nervous; seeing this from the tone of his voice, the Lord of Parthenia didn't wait long for an answer.

"The young master of a slave-trading family. They are not a very large household, but they are one of the few forces influencing their market. In particular, they were working on orcs.

Everything is solved; the missing piece of the puzzle is complete. Many groups got better after the revolution, but it was the starting point of a rapid decline for some. In particular, the situation of the slave traders was not very encouraging.

"They appeared before me several times on behalf of the organization they founded among themselves to object to the new laws. The beginning of a new era; I said that if they wanted to trade, they had to reorganize accordingly!"

"I guess you haven't been very convincing. From what I've heard, it seems like they'd rather replace you than their job. For their financial losses, they found a solution to tying the shopkeepers to extortion!"

After the two began to share information, it turned out that the pains of change were not resolved but swept under the carpet. These people were not the only ones longing for their old glory days; as the arrangements for the poorly made gold out of their pockets, many people were waiting to unleash the anger they were holding inside.

"So their goal is to eliminate me and take over. They're not big enough for this, but it's not something that can't be done with strong external support!''

With his life at stake, the new City Lord is thinking worst-case scenario. He couldn't just be a puppet, as his haters said; he deserved his place.

"I can't think of any other choice but Black Lily's dogs. When they could not enter the city, they decided to try this method!"

Nafız quickly found the address at the source of the problem, but the operator had to wait for Doctor Kubey to find out where the microbe had spread.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are only those who are chased, those who pursue, those who are busy, and those who are tired.

Scott Fitzgerald

 

0