Chapter 99 – Neck or Nothing
30 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"The shine of one stone is gone; there are fifteen left. How long will they continue to protect us?"

Nafız called out to Rebel Heart to determine the change in his equipment.

"Ma'am, the energy accumulated in each stone keeps the shield active for a hundred breaths!"

The Blood God who had previously disdained equipment would change her mind, estimating that the area could protect itself for about an hour more after a short calculation. It was more than she expected, and if she started now, she could mash everyone around her, even on her own, by then.

"Let's wait calmly, and I wonder how many lives will be saved this time?"

When she saw the crowd, the majority were still in place, albeit slightly reduced, and some even joined the rebels and attacked them. The sight must have worried Marcos because the young man who gathered his strength started to shout again.

"I beg you, do not obey these traitors. Return to your homes to build the future of our city!"

The Young Lord could not speak. All these plans were to save some more people. His face seemed to smile when he saw that his call had been answered.

"Anyone who listens to this rascal is our enemy. Whoever turns their back on us today will pay for it tomorrow!"

The rebels did not sit idle either. They did not want to appear as if they had lost popular support.

Our ancestors said, "Either the state is to the head, or the raven is carrion. Those who leave will go; the rest is ours!"

The Blood God had her last word. Kubey and Rebel Heart's eyes were on the sky, waiting for the signal from those in the mansions.

''Is that all? You're almost a hundred men; is that all you can do? Let me spit on your mold, you sissies!"

From the very first moment, the Brutal Wall was shoving people in and out of the dog's ass, but what's the point? Those who came to his mansion were quite vitaminless. I think that's enough, though the orc warrior released the energy accumulated on his shield as sound waves.

Unlike those at the front, which were disintegrated without realizing what had happened, the attack resulted in the loss of limbs by those waiting behind. People who were dying and those who had already died were intertwined.

The magnificent marble pillars were ruined, the ground in its area of influence was shattered. Combined with some looters, these substances turned them into living works of art. The few who escaped by hiding behind would not escape very far. In the moments when Brutal Wall left no one alive on his orders, a flare exploded in the air.

"Oh, I wish I had acted a little quicker. Crazy maniac completed the mission first!"

There was relief in following the order to the letter on Brutal Wall's face as he fired his cartridge soon after. Unlike him, Sangre, who was walking around House Augustus with his knives swirling around him, did not seem satisfied.

"We have been ordered to stay in place until the third signal; what does Chief Alyon think he is doing!"

The Blood Warrior, who was walking restlessly from side to side, could not enjoy being the first to finish his work; he was soiled with the filthy Blood of the rebels.

The looters could not understand what was happening, and they hid behind the first thing they found to protect themselves from the arrows that rained down on them. Those who entered the mansion were lucky because even those hiding behind a tree or a wall block rocks would not be able to escape from the arrows that would enter their bodies.

Throwing his bow on his back, Sangre jumped down from the tree and was inside the mansion in less than three breaths. As he entered the ruined gate, six daggers from his bosom flew in different directions. Six people per step; this was the Blood Warrior's way of killing people. At the end of his one fast lap, no one was left alive in the house.

"I wonder what this big head is up to; thanks to you, we finished a quarter of the time!"

Two glows each disappeared from Rebel Heart's armbands, leaving twelve energetic stones. The expectation was that although Sangre was very ambitious, Alyon would nevertheless be the first. Therefore, the resulting situation was interesting; while his two subordinates had finished their work before him, their chief, who was aware of this, had a different problem.

"I am the one who will bring the Orc Steppes to their knees. Put yourself in my place; what would you do if you met people like you? Please, at least answer this question. Don't you even have a man among you who can handle the pressure?"

When the Marauders entered the Partheni family mansion, Alyon unleashed his bloodline power, and everyone within his sphere of influence was nailed to the ground. The heads they carried on their shoulders were waiting to be plucked like the flowers of a newly bloomed edible.

"I'm starting to get bored, my two warriors have already killed all of your friends, but I haven't received a response from you yet!"

"Pat! Pat! Pat!"

The chief's patience ran out, and he threw aside his Warhammer and smashed the heads of the three closest people to pieces with his bare hands.

"You have nothing to say.

Unable to move, the rebels' faces crumpled, the orc staring at them with pleading expressions, clenching their fists indifferently. Soon his flare appeared, too, and this development was greeted with joy by the orcs who had to hide behind the sanctuary.

"Can't I ask you, Alyon Effendi? And you'll be a chief; look at your disgrace!"

While Nafız's murmuring continued, Marcos' gaze was on the brainwashed crowd. Despite the insurgents' threats, half the people had fled, and it was the poor people who had been oppressed at the time of Astute.

When the Young Lord took over, they were the first to feel their lives belonged to them. If he were gone, they had seen today what kind of people would come to replace him. They could never live as before; threatening them with death had no effect other than being funny.

The number of those who took the thrown weapons and attacked was not small, and there would be those in every community who believed what was said without question. It was time to stand out and lick the ass of their new owner. How could they miss an opportunity like this?

Many would be held captive by their fears, even if they secretly supported the Young Lord. They were undecided; what would they do if the rebels were victorious? Would those who rebelled against the lord forget them? From what they saw, Marcos was a mild-mannered person, and it seemed likely that he would forgive them if he remained in the lead.

They were not mistaken. That was what the young man had in mind. According to him, those who did not take up arms were simply people who feared their future.

"Blood God Nafız, I am ready to do whatever you want. Please forgive the people who did not attack us. I'm sure he has good reasons to stay here!"

Nafız, who looked at Marcos with icy red eyes, begging in a pathetic tone, took off her cloak as if she had heard nothing. Her action caused anger on the attacking side; now, they had the two people they wanted to kill the most.

"Kid, if you feel pity, you will become pitiful! How can you think of equating these cowards with those who trust their word and return home at the cost of their lives?"

The words came out of her mouth like sharp knives, as the City Lord seemed to say something when Nafız spoke equally harshly.

"Kubey, do what is necessary!"

Before a hand touched Marcos's shoulder, the Blood God slammed the bottle on the ground, blocking the view of the people outside. At the same time, the female orc, using the equipment she earned from the reward dungeon, sent the person she was assigned to protect to the place she sent that night.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The world is suffering a lot. But not from the violence of bad people, but the silence of good people.

Napoleon Bonaparte

 

0