A latent conflict
46 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fourth chapter, I'm on a roll these days, but whether it stays that way will depend on the success of the story.

If you liked the story, leave your vote and your comments.

Announcement
Warning: Wars, gunfire, strong language, severe dysphoria.

"Jose! Run, comrade!" Some voices spoke to Emilia with the name of the owner of the body that she had.

How had she come to this?

It turns out that after a week of training the Tamulipas Battalion had sent them back to the front line.

A very annoying week, which for her was not more than 3 days.

All this being in the body of a man was something that she still had not overcome.

She hated every second of it.

Many things disliked her, her short hair, her voice, her broad shoulders, and her figure in general.

Her mirrors had turned into a cruel image.

However, now one more thing was weighing on her.

The Second Battle of Matamoros.

The American and Mexican armies have been fighting for the city for about 2 months.

The streets were a bloodbath, the Mexican army had impeded the advance of the Americans thanks mainly to its high rate of fire, the Mexican squadrons carried 8 Mondragon rifles, 3 MP 18 rifles, and a 1910 Mauser with a telescopic sight.

While the Americans carried 10 Springfield m1903s, and only occasionally a Browning Automatic Rifle, likewise, the fear of the Mexicans was the men with shotguns.

These appeared from time to time, usually to raid some Mexican position in the city.

However, the Mexicans still had a fairly large advantage in terms of firepower, but they had a huge disadvantage with artillery, as well as heavy machine guns.

Recently the federal government had asked General Mondragon to design new weapons for the Mexican army, but it would take a while for these to appear.

Meanwhile, both Mexico and the United States were the scene of a war different from the European one.

The war was quite mobile, there were no trenches on these fronts.

At this point in her stay in this reality, she already realized how different her reality had been from Alberto's reality.

The Mexico of this reality was governed by a man named Porfirio Diaz until 1910, the year in which he peacefully left power, the winner of the election was the current President Francisco Ignacio Madero, who limited the terms of office to 8 years, with no possibility reelection.

In a few months the Federal Government would organize new presidential elections.

According to the voting system of the Constitution of 1857, the way to choose the winner of the presidential election was an indirect vote.

Each state had a certain number of electoral votes, just as Mexico City had 5 regardless of its population.

It was expected that the Federal Army and the National Guard of Tamauilpas would have cleared the state by May at the latest.

And now she was deployed in Tamaulipas.

Matamoros was a city bordering Texas, she had never been a fan of Texans, although she had rarely left the state of hers in the past.

What was Michigan like in this reality?

She should find out some other time, as at this time she did not expect to be very well received.

On the other hand, this body was that of a mestizo man, she did not know how she would be received due to the racist ideas of the time.

She would use another moment to rediscover her homeland.

She then she finally woke up.

"Up Jose, this is not the place to die," said a man she recognized as her Sergeant.

"Sir, where am I?" she asked.

"We are in one of the squares of the city, the Gringos have several squadrons with vehicles with machine guns, apparently they believe that this will break us," said Sergeant Lopéz.

"And what are we going to do?" asked Emilia.

"The Lieutenant says that one of the snipers will be in charge of taking the enemy lines, immediately afterwards we with the MP 18 assault those damn gringos" said Lopéz.

"Juan, are you crazy?" said Emilia referring to the sergeant

"Please call me, 'Sergeant', I did not get this position for a Razo soldier to call me by my first name"

She still did not fully understand the relationships of 'Jose' with the rest of the squad, as far as Alberto knew he was in charge of 3 squads as Lieutenant, each of them was commanded by a sergeant, and within these were some small subdivisions that were run by Cabos.

"Alright then ... what are we going to do?"

"If you want to go see the Lieutenant, he is at the top of that building" she said pointing to the building behind her.

She entered that building, some stairs led her to the second floor of the building.

At that moment she saw Alberto, he was holding a bolt-action rifle, apparently it was a 1910 Mauser, but the bolt was bent down, probably to allow it to circulate through the scope.

"So you've come" Alberto said, without taking his eyes off his target.

"What are you doing?" asked Emilia.

"Come here and find out" said Alberto.

She looked and saw it, Alberto then spoke to her:

"Do you see that man José?" Alberto asked.

"Don't call me by that name" she yelled.

Alberto got upset, he turned to see her and said: "In the first shut up, you're going to make them see us, in the second, because of Emma's case, you're never going to get me to respect your gender" said Alberto "Anyway, look, that man in that truck is a captain, if I kill him 3 lieutenants will be left without command, and that leaves 9 squads out of the game "

"Are you going to shoot him?" she asked, Alberto did not turn around and said: "I already did" at the same time he pressed the trigger.

A roar from the 7 x 57mm Mauser round was heard.

Then the bullet hit its target, the head of one of the captains of the American side.

"Yeah!" shouted Alberto in English.

"How the hell did you get him on the head?" asked Emilia.

"Practice, and trust, a dream told me so"

"Again, are you a fortune teller?"

"Maybe" Alberto said, he then said "Well let's go, take your MP 18 and attack the Enemy positions, finish off those gringos"

So they got ready, she put on the green Stahlhelm m16, as well as he prepared her assault weapon.

An MP 18, a submachine gun, was a version in 7.65 mm Luger caliber, this because it was the standard pistol ammunition, unlike the German version that used the 9 x 19 mm parabellum ammunition.

The use of a smaller caliber gave the bullet greater speed, it was much more effective at long distances than the 9mm version.

Still his rank was shit compared to the BAR of the Americans, but the mondragon was enough to fix that.

In addition to the fact that in an assault mission, the MP 18 was more useful than the BAR.

Controllable fire was better than high rate of fire.

"Hey Jose, are you ready?" Rodrigo asked.

"Yes, comrade" Emilia answered.

Finally they left the building and the small trench of sacks that protected the square.

They began to move slowly, trying not to attract attention.

Then they came to where the American soldiers were, trying to reestablish order in the Unit.

Then they rushed in and Rodrigo yelled.

"Hey gringos! A present from the Mexican Army!" Rodrigo said in English.

Then a shooting began that took the Americans by surprise, none of them were preparing for an assault.


The battle was quick, no casualties for the Mexicans, but the Americans lost control of southern Matamoros.

If things continued like this, Emilia would soon be sent to her house (or the house of the owner of this body), but she wondered, How would her "relatives" react to this reality?

Many of her classmates told her that she had feminine behaviors, and sometimes they told her that she spoke as gay.

She was afraid, at least here she could justify her fear of her, but there she was only going to cry over nonsense.

But hey, the day was weird, it was the first time that she killed someone, as they were men she was encouraged to think that she had saved a woman with their death, but deep down she still hurt.

This was still frustrating for her.

And that's all for chapter 4, I hope you liked it, if so, leave your comments and your votes.

1