Prologue
271 3 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Long ago, there was a great war. Since its conclusion, it had been forgotten by the people who lived in the present. 

Time passed by the still battlefield, a home for all woes and fears to reside, it was as still as the day its last war ended. In the end, one had become the last standing, victorious. Their weapon still stuck in the ground where they laid their last wish; their body not too far away, surrounded by the other remains of their foes. A great crater obtruded the ground where they rested.

Without warning, a blinding ray of light hit the body, seemingly reanimating it.

A voice called from nowhere,

| Get up. Awaken, Keristis. There is something on the other side only you can do. |

The pile of armour shook violently and then arose, with a spirit inhabiting it, residual energy crackled and sparked the area around it. He wobbled to his feet but quickly gained comprehension of his agility.

| Retrieve your weapon, it will be prove to be useful. |

After a quick glance at his surroundings, he caught a glimpse of his own reflection in a shallow pool of water. The helmet he wore was damaged, a result of time and war; it was chipped and cracked in many places, at the front there were slits that revealed the face, yet all that was inside was black and void. It seemed as if he was hollow, strange considering that he had sensitivity of his surroundings - he could feel the cold touch of his armour. The rest of his shell was aged too, its dim silverly splendour gleamed in the returning sunlight. Although, it had weaved inside of it threads of amethyst that sprawled across its surface; declaring an aspect of regality onto the reanimated.

Keristis stumbled towards the spear implanted in the ground and grabbed it. A burst of magic soon followed.

| Any objections? No? Good, even if you did it wouldn't matter. You're going back whether you like it or not. |

The strange, albeit somehow familiar voice faded away.

"Who... are you?" Keristis was cut off just as another powerful ray of light was cast down onto him, displacing him away from the battlefield, his place of final rest for so long.

The voice smiled.

| You don't need to know, not yet. |

7