06. The Allfather (05)
323 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Allfather (5)


Outside, a raven perched on one of the tree branches. Her gaze went to the window on the second floor, silently watching the three gods talking to one another. At first glance, she looks like an ordinary raven, but on closer inspection one of her eyes is not a bird's eye but a human eye. She blinked a few times until her eyes returned to normal.

After taking the money from the guild, which after counting he got eight hundred thousand Valis. He also learns that he may get more if he sells the dragon magic stone but he refused. while this is a lot of money and he's sure he won't have any trouble with money for a while, that’s for sure, he still doesn’t know how much worth really is this. ‘First thing to do. Learn how much worth is one Valis.’ he thought.

He then asked if they also buy armors, which they did not, and suggest going to the blacksmith. He was going to ask when Veleda offer to show the place. Nox agrees and now they are on their way there.

“Something wrong?” Veleda asked, seeing her new friend just suddenly stop while just kept blinking and rubbing his left eye.

Nox shakes his head, “No it’s fine.” 

“Hmm,” she said, clearly having some doubt. “If you say so. But we are here,” she said as she pointed to the next shop.

Just like the surrounding buildings, it was painted grey with a shield and sword emblem hanging above the door with an Open sign hanging in front of the door. Veleda opens the door. The door opened with a squeaky sound coming from the hinges.

“Hey, old man! You're still alive!” Veleda shouted.

Nox took note of everything inside the room. A large room with brown wooden walls. Many different kinds of weapons and shields hang on its wall, a few mannequins wearing a set of armor, and a few wooden crates laying on the back. There was a counter with a wooden door behind it,  and the sound of steel clanging could be heard from there.

“Hey old man!” She shouts louder, leaning on the counter. 

The sound stops, then the door swings violently. Revealing a short man with a long red beard. He wore a black bandana on his head, a brown leather apron, grey-blue clothing, and carried a hammer in his right hand.

“Damn brat! I told you to stop shouting in my shop!” He said angrily as he treated her with his hammer.

A dwarf,”  Nox mentally noted. It was his second time meeting with other races from close in this world. And after meeting a werewolf from the Guild, and comparing her to the Lycan he knows, at glance, she is more like a cosplayer though he is sure there must be more than just physiology. ‘The dwarf seems ...  similar … physically at least. I wonder if I can get some books about their anatomy. Hmm, another thing to add to the list.’ He thought.

“Ain’t I tell you to use the damn bell! You damn woman!” The dwarf shouts, pointing at the small bell on the table. 

Nox turned and saw that there was indeed a small bell on the table. Veleda does the same. Her right hand then hovered over the bell and with a single gentle touch, she pressed it.

*TING*

The silence that came after that single sound was deafening.

Veleda just looks very smug while his hand is still hovering over the bell and the dwarf grits his teeth and his body is shaking. His face was so red, even redder than his beard. He looks like going to go ballistic any moment now.  There was silence as both lock-ins stared contest.

“Don’t you dare!” the dwarf warned her as he struggled to contain his anger

“And what are you gone do, Old man?” Veleda taunted him with her best smug face she can muster. And then, she pressed it again.

*TING*

“You--.” He roar.

As they both start throwing some insults at each other, other figures enter the room.

Even before he entered, Nox already knew who, or rather what it is. A small man, even shorter than the dwarf, with a white beard wearing green cloth, a pointy hat of the same color, and a brown apron walked through the same door to which the dwarf came.

A gnome!’ Nox thought. As a Magician he's no stranger when it comes to dealing with an  Elemental, so he's familiar with their existence. Nox himself had several times been involved in several cases involving himself as an intermediary with their kind.

The gnome just gives a tired sigh when he sees them lock in bickering. His eyes turn to Nox. for a moment he was silent, his eyes slightly widened when he appraised him. 

“Hello,” the gnome finally said. “I never see you in this town? Are you Skadi’s new child?” he asked. 

“No,” Nox said. Shaking his head.  “Just a passing traveler.” 

“I see,” the gnome said though he was not convinced. “What can I help you?” he asked.

“Well,” Nox begins but he was interrupted by the sound of an argument that starting to heat up. “should we stop them?” Nox said, pointing at the two people who were still fighting.

“Nah it’s fine, those two are always at each other's throats,” he said in a dismissive tone.

“Right. Well, I need to sell some armor I found and bought some for me.”

“ … you are a warrior? I thought you were a mage?”

“I am,” Nox paused for a moment. “How do you know I’m a magic-user?”

“Ah, well I can sense your clothes has some kind of enchantment on them.”

“Oh …. that makes sense. Is that why you look surprised?” Nox asked.

“... Yes,” The gnome said. “Thought I never see that kind of enchantment and also …,” He murmured. He glances at the young man in front of him. He was going to ask but decided to stop his train of thought and shakes his head.

“Can I see your wares?” The gnome asked.

“Sure.” 

Nox opened his bag then took out the weapons, armor, and magic robes he got and put it on the table.

“A magic bag, huh.” the gnome murmur when he sees this. 

His expression changed slightly when he recognized the item in front of him, there was sadness and a sense of nostalgia on his face. His hands moved, each finger tracing every cut and scratch to examine it.

“Hmm, I can give you … ninety thousand Valis, and some armor and weapon for all of this,” he stated.

While Nox currently doesn’t know how much an armor costs, he feels there is something, “I feel that this is too much.”

The gnome just chuckled, “Aye, this is too much. But,” he taps the armor. “Let's just say it has sentimental value.”

“Then it’s a deal.” Nox nodded, knowing that there must be something between the gnome and the previous wearer.

“Good, now, do you have any preference?”

Nox tilts his head and cupped his chin with his right hand. “Hmm, for armor, something light and easy to move,” he said. “and for the weapon …. mmm, long, single or double-edged, for quick cut and slash,” he added.

“I see, so a light armor and something for a quick attack or equivalent of it,” he stated. “Wait here,” he said as walked to the back. He returned with two crates in his hands and opened the first crate.

Inside was an armor color in silver consisting of a chest plate, shoulders, elbows, hands, and knees guard, and boots.

“Try this,” the gnome said.

And Nox just does that, he tries the armor, and a little surprise when he finds how fits his new armor is or the fact that it somehow complemented his clothes.

“It feels good,” Nox stated as he tried to move around.

“Good,” the gnome said. “Now, for your weapon.” He opens the second crate. 

The gnome takes a few blades from it and puts them on the table. There are various kinds of swords on the table, from a long sword, rapier, saber, dao, scimitar, and even katana. 

But Nox had already decided what to take. He chose the saber. It was the weapon he was most familiar with and because it was the weapon he used in his original world. He picked up the saber then swung it a few times. He nodded after being satisfied with the quality and the balance.

“I'll take this,” Nox said while putting it back in its sheath. “Do you have a whetstone?”

“Yes,” the gnome said with a nod, picking up a whetstone from under the table. “Anything else?” he asked as he put the whetstone and the bag of money on the table.

“No, that’s all.”

Nox stuffed his armor, grindstone, and money into his bag and tied his sword to his waist.

“Pleasure doing business with you.” the gnome said with a small bow.

“Likewise.”

“Now,” the gnome begins. “Can you help me with that?” he said, pointing at the two children, based on the way he looks at them, who were still fighting.

Nox turned around and saw, from the way they held their weapons, that the dwarf and Veleda were only steps away from killing each other.

“What’s that? is the little girl can only bark? Are you going to cry?” the dwarf taunted.

Veleda growl, “Let see if you can say that again after I shove this thing down to your throat!” she said while threatening him with the spear she was holding.

“Hah, you wouldn’t dare!” the dwarf raised his battle-ax.

“You want a bet, baldy!”

It was so heated that there was a spark as they stared at each other deathly. but before they could do anything stupid, both Nox and the gnomes moved first.

“Okay, that’s enough,” Nox said as he grabbed Veleda’s hand.

While the gnome just threw a pan at the dwarf head. When or where he got that pan, Nox never knows. There was a *pang* sound as it hits his head. “Stop it you blockhead!” he said as the dwarf just rubbed his head.

“Come on, let’s go,” Nox said as he dragged her out of the shop. While the dwarf and Veleda still having some staring contest.

The door closes with the same squeaky sound when they enter. 

The gnome sigh, “You know,” he begins after seeing the two of them come out of the shop. “You need to stop this.”

“And you need to stop making my head your target practice.” The dwarf said, still rubbing his head.

“I’m serious!”

“So do I!” 

Silent came as both of them just stare at each other. One is tired of his behavior and the other does not want to hear another one of his lectures.

The dwarf began to walk, “Look if that all then I’m going to …” he stopped when he saw the armor that was on the table. He moves fast, faster than he ever remembers. His hands took the armor, his fingers following every ornament, every bend, every chip, every scratch, everything he remembered and didn't remember. Everything brought new emotions that he had not felt for a long time. His mind tried to form words but he couldn't think clearly. He tried to get the words out, but his mouth could only stutter.

Eventually, he slowly managed to get the words out. “... where … did you …?” he said with his eyes still glued to the armor.

The gnome sigh tiredly, “That's why you have to learn to control your emotions.”

The dwarf turns his head so he can stare at him. 

“Eldi …” The dwarf begins. “Where?” He asked. Just one word, but even a fool knows that one word is full of emotion.

The gnome, Eldi, gives a tired sigh. “The man, the one who came with her. He’s the one who brings this” he makes a circling gesture at the armors “thing here. He wants to sell this, so of course, I buy them.”

“... I see …” he said, if it was not because of how quiet the room is Eldi may not even hear his replay.

For a moment he was just standing there before finally he take all the armor with his hand and start walking back. 

“... It’s not your fault, you know …” Eldi said as he was concerned with his friend.

He stops after a few steps before looking at him from his shoulder.

“Are you just going to stand and blabbering nonsense or are you going to help me finish the job!” He shouts, he was really not in the mood for another lecture from his friend.

Eldi sigh and follow him, ‘It looks like it’s going to be a long night.’ he thought.

There was a silence as Nox and Veleda started walking away from the shop. Well is more like Nox that keeps silent as he watched Veleda grumbling and occasionally spouting curses here and there. A few passersby try to greet her only to stop and slowly back away as they see her mood. 

“Sorry, you have to see it.” she begins. “But that damn dwarf really pissing me off.”

“No that’s okay.”

There was another silence as before he finally asked.

“So why did you take me there?”

She was quiet for a moment, then give a heavy sigh before she answered, “As much as I hate him, that,” she grits his tooth, “old man, is the best blacksmith in this town.”

Nox just nods at her.

As they walked they passed what Nox could only describe as a market. The hustle and bustle of this place, the vibrant color of the stalls and what they offer, and the smell of food in the air.

This place really reminds me of some RPG games.’ it was his thought as he look around.  “So what else do you need?” Veleda asked.

“Well, I still need some Potion, rations, and some clothes. maybe some outdoor gear.” 

“Oooh, if you need a potion then I can guarantee the next place will not disappoint you.” She said confidently. 

“Then I’ll hold you to that.”

They walked for a while until they finally arrived at a shop, with a golden apple symbol hanging in front of the shop with the shop name underneath it. Lyfjaberg.

Lyfjaberg! Healing mountain! Is that mean that the owner has some connection with the Norse mythology?’ Nox thought. 

Veleda opens the door. The door opened followed by the soft ringing from the bell hanging above the door.

The room is the same size as the previous shop, only the walls are painted pure white with shelves filled with bottles of various colors decorating the walls. Sitting behind the counter was a goddess with red hair like a maple leaf in autumn, gentle green eyes with a light sprinkling of freckles adorning her face. She was wearing a blue blouse with grey trousers. When they entered, she was focused on her book, her eyes tracing every word and her hands moving to turn the pages.

“Welcome to...” she stop her reading and close her book when see who came in. “Oh, Vel-chan, it’s you.”

The goddess stood from her chair and start walking toward Veleda to give her a hug. Every step is accompanied by a click sound from her heels and when she is close enough she gives her a warm big hug. Veleda hug her back, thought a little awkwardly, she was a little shame as she keep glancing at Nox. Nox on the other hand just raises an eye brown, surprised by the show of affection from the goddess. 

To be honest, Nox still can’t decide about how the proper way, or how he feels, to interact with these gods and goddesses in this world. As a Magician, one of his studies, among many, is involving Hermetic magic. Teaching that attributed to god Hermes itself literally has his name on it, which from his talk with Odin is currently living in his next destination. Orario. 

Hmm, how will they respond if I incorporate or even invoke their name in my spell and rite in this word.’ he thought. 

A magician’s power came from many things from the Celestial object, Spirit, and Daimon, to words. Especially the name of gods. Because if use it correctly and the result will increase the magic spell significantly.

On the other hand, the inhabitant of this world, while still giving them some degree of respect, have the attitude of addressing them the same way as addressing others from different races. So giving too much respect maybe not be a good idea if he going to blend in.

I wonder how the Brahman or the Shaman back home feel when they know they can talk with their gods freely without doing overcomplicated long rite.’ Nox thought idly. 

While his mind is still occupied with this thought, Veleda and the goddess have some chat.

“Goddess please stop,” Veleda said as she gently push her away.

After some moment with a pout, the goddess let her go, “Mou, I’m just a little worried.” she said and then smile. “Besides, I still remember when you like a hug.” 

She gasp, “that's years ago when I was still a kid!”

The goddess eyes twinkle “But in my eyes you still are.” She then glances at Nox. Her eyes move up and down before giving a mischievous smile. She steps closer, her face is an inch away from Veleda’s ears. “So, who is he? Are you finally bringing a boyfriend?” she whispers.

Veleda sputter and quickly said, “N-no, he’s not, I’m just showing him around.”

“Hmm,” she mumbles. She then turns to Nox and smiles, “Hello my name is Eir, the owner of this little shop. and you are?”

He blinks once, twice, “Ah, I’m Nox Black, just a passing traveler.” he said with a little bow.

“Oh, aren’t you a polite one,” she said as she walked to behind the counter and stand behind the glass shelf. “So what can I do for you?”

“I’m looking for some potion. What can you over?”

“Hmm, I have Mana potion, Health potion, and some Stamina potion, which one do you want?”

“Can I see each one of it?”

“Sure.” She said as she take a few bottles from the shelf.

“This one is Mana potion,” she said as she put the bottle with citrus color liquid in it. “this one is Health potion,” she put the bottle with blue color liquid. “and this one is Stamina potion,”  she put the last bottle. “Each one of them is the standard grade.”

Nox takes the Mana potion and brings it closer so he can see it clearly. ‘Interesting.’ he thought.

“Can I ask how you made this potion, goddess?” He asked, while his eyes still looking at the bottle in his hand.

For a moment Eir feels something when the young man, Nox Black, addresses her. It happen so fast that she was not sure if what she felt earlier was true. An odd feeling, and to be honest it’s not bad. It’s just … different … It feels like she can give her a portion of her power just by acknowledging his request … his pray … 

That’s not possible, right?’ she thought. She pauses and mentally shakes her head. 

“Oh, why? Are you perhaps doubt my ability?” She said with a gasp and a small tear in her eyes as she did not believe what did she just heard.

A lie, of course. A little play. The man just intrigue her. Call it instinct, but there is something more about him and now she was curious. Besides, from the way he sees her potion, it was not the eyes of an amateur or swindler. And from the look of his face, he knows what she is doing. Although, it can’t be said for the other ...

“How can you say that!” Veleda said. “Eir-sama is a goddess of healing! Of course, her product is always good.” 

Ahhh, Vel-chan you are so sweet. Mama here is very thankful for you. But you need to stop taking everything so literally.’ she thought.

Seeing this he just turns to her and raises his hand, “You are wrong.” He said. “I’m not doubting her ability, I just want to know how she makes this.”

“You want to learn how to make a potion?” she inquired.

“Yes, I want to know how to make this kind of potion,” he said as he show her the bottle that was still in his hand.

This kind of potion? All of this is the basic one, made from a textbook recipe. Is it, perhaps … A different method to make a potion!” Eir thought.

It was common knowledge for every potion maker that the recipe for making a potion is never changed for almost a thousand years. Sure some have managed to make some modifications but it was not enough to call it a new potion. There are also rumor that some people with certain development abilities can make a new potion, but because of that dependence, the knowledge can’t be passed down. 

Can it be?’ she thought.

“Hmm, you want to learn,” Eir begins and Nox turns to her. “did you ever make a potion before?”

“Yes,” he said as he put the bottle.

She smiles, ‘Well this getting more interesting,’ she thought. “Did you have it right now?”

He was silent for a second, eyes closed as he was in deep thought then nods and takes his potion from his bag and gives it to her. She takes the bottle from his hand and starts to inspect it. Her eyes widen.

In her hand was a small clear bottle, the same size as her potion bottle, with a golden like honey color liquid in it. The lid was sealed with a paper inscribed in an unknown language, and under the bottle was a rune. Algiz, ᛉ.

“... I never see a potion like this,” Veleda said with her body leaning closer out of curiosity.

“... how …?” Eir said quietly.

For Veleda it was probably the first time she see this kind of potion. But for Eir …

This thing … it reminds me of …’ “How do you manage to make this?” she asked.

He shakes his head. “I don’t. It was a family recipe, born from many generations of trial and error. I just perfected it.” He said. 

Eir looks at him and smiles, though internally she chuckles ‘so childish.’ because although he wants to sound humble she knows that he is proud of his work from the way he said it and because it looks like he manages to make her speechless. 

he remind me of Vel-chan when she was still small. she thought fondly of those memories.

“So what the name of this potion?” she asked, her eyes still marveling at the potion in his hand.

“Ambrosia. That’s the name of it.” 

Inwardly she chuckles, ‘A fitting name,’ she thought.

“Say,” she begins as she put the potion down. “If you manage to make something of that caliber. Shouldn't you also be able to make potions of this level?” she said as she refer to her own potions on the table.

He nods, “While it’s true I can make some potion that has a similar effect or the equivalent of it, I never make this particular potion before.” 

So it’s entirely a new way to make a potion. Hmm, what should I do.” She thought as she taps her fingers. 

“Okay, I can help you with that,” His eyes widen as she said it. “But … I want something in return.”

He purses his lip and stands a little straighter. “and what that might be, goddess?” His voice was calm and neutral, with his eyes looking into her eyes.

Again with the way he addresses me.’ Eir thought. ‘Did he think I will ask her soul?’ She thought that as a mere joke, but … for some odd reason … A small part of her was sure that he will at least consider it. She pause and shake that thought from her head.

“First,” she begins, “Just call me Eir, everyone does. It’s more comfortable for me and for you as well.” She paused, and when she see him nod he continued. “Second, I want to know how you make a potion.” ‘Oh, that gets some reaction from him.’ she thought. “Third … would you consider becoming my child?” She smiles, a charming smile, and from the looks of it, she is somewhat successful.

He takes a step back, trying to calm himself.

“Well,” he begins, “For the first one, that’s quite a simple one lady Eir. For the second one ...” he paused for a moment, eyes darting low to the left for a moment before he return straight to her. “I can only tell you some of it and for the last part, I’m sorry I can’t. I’m still part of another Familia and there is a place that I need to go.”   

She nods, ‘Well, that’s a shame.’ she thought. “That’s fine I suppose.” She sigh. “and here I thought I can get someone to keep an eye on Vel-chan here.” 

“Eir!!” Veleda whine.

“What. Do you know how I feel every time you came here full of wounds!”

“... I’m sorry.” Veleda quietly said.

Seeing this she huff and smile.  Though it was true that she want someone to keep an eye on the troublesome girl she love so much, she also wants someone as proficient as making potions like Nox to be her own child. 

“So, I will tell you how I make a potion and you will do the same. Deal?”

“Deal,” he answered. “Sorry Vel, but it looks like it will take some time. If you have something else, then ...”

“Oh, no that’s okay,” she waves her hand. “Today is my free day, besides I told you I will be your guide right.”

Eir looks at the way Veleda dresses. ‘Full armor and a spear on your back. I don’t think that what you wear on a free day, Vel-chan.’ she though

“Great,” Eir said. “Vel-chan can you flip the sign.” 

Veleda just nods as she walks toward it. 

“Come in, I will give you some crash course of how to make a potion.” But before she fully turns she ask him. “Ah, did your god is in this town?”

“Yes, right now he meeting someone in the Guild.” 

She nods, ‘I wonder who he is? maybe I can persuade him to let him go.’ she thought as she start walking, while both Nox and Veleda follow behind.

The sun had just set, as darkness descended upon the city and the people began to light up their home. Two people can be seen walking side by side.

“Thanks for accompanying me, I really appreciate it.” Nox said. 

“Eh, don’t mention it. It at least that I can do.” Veleda said with a shrug.

In his back was a bag full of anything he and his god need for the next journey to Orario. His conversation with the goddess Eir had taken longer than he thought. They spent a few hours comparing how to make a potion. In hindsight, it gives him a general idea of how potions and magic are made and used in this world. For Nox it was fun, especially seeing Eir’s shocked face when he show her how he make a potion. 

In the end, the three of them, well more like two as Veleda at some point just fall asleep without Nox or Eir realizing it, spending around three hours and end with Nox buying a few of her potions and Eir giving him a book about potion making with some note from her. He didn't know why, but at the end of their conversation, Eir looked very rushed and said that she had business to attend to as she close her shop.

The next thing he does is buy some provisions for the journey like some food, a map, and other things he might need, with Veleda’s help so he can get a fair price. He also buys some clothes because currently he only has two pieces of them, one is the one he wearing right now and the other is in his bag. He also meets a traveling merchant that offers him a free ride to the next town if he agrees to become his guard. Nox hesitated a bit but Veleda suggested accepting his offer. The reason is that it will be safer and that person is a trusted merchant. So he takes his offer. After getting everything he needs, he decided to return back to the guild so he can talk to Odin.

“But you know,” Veleda said as she try to make small talk. “that’s quite a lot you buy back there.”

“You think so?”

“Yeah, I mean. I can understand if you just buy some food, but you also buy other think like armor, weapon, clothes, and camping stuff,” she said as look at the bag. “Did not a traveler like you suppose have this thing in the first place?” she asked. When she first meets him in the guild she assumes he left all his provisions in the inn considering how little he caries. But after watching him buy all of that stuff, she realizes he doesn’t have them. 

“Well, something happens.”

“and that is?”

“Well …”

He was going to answer when a raven swop down and land on his shoulder as they stop walking.

“Wha … what is that?” she asked in surprise.

“It’s a raven, her name is Valravn,” he said as his hand reach for his pocket. he fish out an almond which he buy early and gives it to her. She croaks before she takes it and eats it.

“You have a raven, as your pet?” she asked, her eyes still on the raven and the raven do the same.

“She’s my familiar,” Nox said while giving his familiar a pat on her head.

Valravn close her eyes and give a low rumbling sound as she enjoyed his pat.

“Good girl,” Nox said, “you can touch her if you want.”

Veleda was hesitated at first, but her hand slowly reach her. But just before she touch her, Valravn open her eyes and peck her hand.

“Aww, stupid bird.” she yelp as she retracts her hand.

While the raven just croaks angrily, daring her to touch her.

“Valvarn! calm down!” Nox said to try to calm her down. “I’m sorry about that.”

“Nah, it’s okay,” Veleda said, but Nox can see a small cut on her palm.

“Your hand, show it to me,” he said.

She look at her palm and said, “it’s okay, just scratch.”

“Hand,” he said it again with a demanding look on his face.

She sighs and shows her injured palm at him. Nox grabbed her hand from below so he can see her injury. He then silently cast a healing spell. Their hands glow and the wound began to close without leaving a mark. He let her hand go so she can see it.

“Wow,” she said as she check her hand. “it fully healed, is that magic?” 

“Yup,” he nods.

“You don’t need to waste your magic just for this you know,” she comments, as she thinks that this is all too much just for scratches.

“No, you get hurt because of my Familiar. So this is the least I must do,” he argued

She huff, “Thank you.” she said as she smile at him.

The raven who watched all of this from Nox’s shoulder just croak. 

Nox then turn to her. “And you should feel sorry,” he said, scolding his new familiar.

The raven looks at him and croak, sending her thought to him through their connection. Which can be summarised as “No. No touch.” and “More almond.” 

“So, no more pat from me,” he asked her.

The raven croaks again and send her thought. “You okay. No other. More almond”

Nox huff, ‘What a spoiled servant.’ he thought as he take another almond from his pocket and give it to her.

The raven took the almond and greedily eat it while asking him to pet her more.

“He's a peculiar one, isn’t he.” Veleda comment.

Hearing this comment the raven look at Veleda and give her a murderous gaze. She may have been attacking her if not for Nox to order her to stay.

“No don’t. Calm down,” he orders her through their connection.

The raven became silent and just glared at her. Finally, she croak angrily at her, before she leap from his shoulder and flew away. In an instant, she’s gone, as she blends with the night sky.

“Did I say something wrong?” Veleda asked.

Nox chuckled, “I think your comment might hurt her a little bit. Especially when you call her ‘he’.” 

“Ah … sorry.”

“Eh, don’t worry about it.” Nox said as they resume their walk.

“Hey,” she said slowly.

“Hmm,” he gives her a side glance.

“about my question early?”

“Ah, well, I was doing another job you see. It went awry and I lost all my stuff.”

She nods, “what job did you do?”

“Well, you see, I was looking for someone.”

“... Are you, a bounty hunter?”

“No … not really. Someone asked me to help them, so,” he said with a shrug.

“Did you find him?”

“Yes. But he got away.” Nox said with a grim. ‘Now that I think about it. Where did that men go? Did he also get transport to this world as well? If so, then … I should talk this to Odin.’ he thought. 

They finally made it to the Guild. As they going to enter, Nox noticed that it was noisier compared to when he first came.

“Is it always this noisy?” he asked 

“Only if they do something stupid.” she replays with a sigh.

They open the door. 

It’s still the same as Nox remembers the difference is that there is some kind of party with the main focus being to a table where some people have some kind of drinking contest. He can see some of them have been out cold with a pile of mugs surrounding them, some are even buried by it. The only two who still standing are a dwarf ‘Wait… isn’t he the same dwarf from before and the person next to him is … a god,’ Nox thought.

Nox was sure that the man, who somehow still standing straight with a bright smile even after that many drinks, was a god. Because unlike Odin who manages to suppress his aura, he can still feel his aura the same way he can still Eir’s aura when he first meets her. Which right now, he can also feel her aura in here. He looks around and finally finds her, drunk while leaning against another goddess.

“Emm, I’m going to help them,” Veleda said as she mentioning at the two goddesses.

Nox just give her a nod and move to the side looking at the crowd of drunk people. From where he stands, he can see almost all of them being drunk and loud. He also can hear some of the waitresses muttering about “this will be hard to clean,” or “I hope they don’t break any table,” which Nox can only sympathize with them. 

a drunken group of people with superpowers ... this is a recipe for disaster waiting to happen.’ Nox thought.

While he was lost in his thoughts another person approach him and stand beside him.

“Enjoy your walk.” He said

Nox glance at him, “Odin.” he greeted him. “Yes, it was a fun one.”

“I’m sure it is,” he takes a sip from his mug, “having a date on your first day in here,”  he said as he look at Veleda and gave Nox a cheeky smile. “What a naughty child”

Nox followed his gaze and found Veleda trying, and failing, at helping the goddess to stand straight. “It’s not a date, and you know it,” he said.

“Is that so.” Odin teases him with his smile still plaster on his face.

Nox sigh, not wanting to play with his game he change the topic.

“So, what occasion is this?”

“Nothing in particular. He just wants to have a party?”

“He? Who’s he?”

“That’s me!” said a man with a jovial sound.

Nox was going to turn when a hand suddenly embraced him over his shoulder. It was the previous god. A quick glance at the table shows that the dwarf is finally under the table. Nox look at the god on his shoulder, a little tall compared to him, with fair skin, blonde hair, blue eyes, and a friendly smile plaster on his face. He was muscular, not as much as make him a bodybuilder but enough to call it healthy. He also looks young, ‘Now that I think about it why does Odin look like an old man while this god and the two goddesses over there look like in their prime.’ he thought. But that can be for later, now he needs to address this god. A name suddenly crosses his mind.

“... Thor… ?” Nox asks carefully.

The god’s eyes start to sparkling and his smile somehow becomes wider.

“Yup, that’s me! And You must be Nox.” He said, there was the smell of alcohol on his breath and he look like a little tipsy. 

Because he didn't use this kind of treatment he does not know what to do, Nox could only nod in front of this overly excited god.

“Then come! Have some drink!” Thor said as he began to drag Nox.

“Ah, no thank you, I have something to talk with Odin.” Nox said as he try to politely decline.

“You can talk later, have a drink first!” Thor ignores him and keeps dragging him.

“But…” Nox looks at Odin and asks for his help. But he just waves his hand and mouthed ‘good luck.’ ‘Traitor’ he thought before he sigh. “Then just a little bit, I’m not good with alcohol,” he said as he sit. He was planning to do just that and have some conversation with Odin. In sober condition. Thought it will be a little hard with how many bottles he kept stacking on the table. 

“Then we just need to make you good with it.” He reason.

Nox look at him, ‘This is bad’ he thought. He looks around and found there is a woman with short hair, grey eyes wearing glasses, and black suits with a tired look standing next to Thor. She exudes a secretary aura, so he shoots a pleading look at her only for her to shake her head and say ‘sorry’.

Nox sigh, ‘guess I need to use that spell.’ he thought begrudgingly.

There is a spell to help with this but the more he used it, the less effective the effect and the more headaches he received. And he really doesn’t like that.

This is going to be a long night for him.

 

Author note:

I hope you guys like it. 

Leave some review/comment if you want, or not,  it’s up to you. 

Note: {In case you want to know}

Skadi: She goddess from Norse mythology associated with bowhunting, skiing, winter, and mountains. 

Eir: She goddess from Norse mythology associated with medical skills.

Lyfjaberg (from Old Norse: mountain of healing ) in Norse mythology is a mountain where the giant Menglöð sits accompanied by nine maidens, one of them is Eir.

Ambrosia is the food or drink of the Greek gods, often depicted as conferring longevity or immortality upon whoever consumed it.

9