09. New Adventure (03)
266 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

New Adventure (03)


(Previously)

Nox follow him of course. The moment he steps in he knew it was a good place. From the atmosphere and the smell of the food in the air. He probably should give credit to Hermes for bringing him here —

“Nya! Welcome to Hostess of Fertility! Table for two, Nya?”

— If not for the fact that they were greeted by cat people wearing maid clothes.

Hermes was smiling ear to ear while Nox just sighed while pinching her bridge nose, “Why I’m not surprised, '' he mumble.

Sometimes Nox wonders. He wonders if he accidentally falls into some kinda Japanese Novel Fantasy, just a wonder. Maybe if he thing like that, it will save some of his mind. 

Nox have high expectations when he heard the god's descent from their place because they are not just bringing power to defeat monsters, but they also bring knowledge. Knowledge from the Gods. Naver before he feels so happy as he first heard that. He always wants to know, what it feels like to live in the Old days. In the Age of Gods. Frankly, in a magical community, his wish is not unique nor is he's not the only one who wants it. Thinking of all breakthroughs that he can achieve with all those knowledge. While he only spend just a little time with Odin, for him, it was quite enlightening experience. So he was fairly excited when he first meet Hermes, considering Hermeticism was one of study he take as a Magician. 

Sometimes, no more like oftentimes, reality always disappointing.

“Hey there, Anya-chan!” Hermes waive his hand to greet her. “As always you look cute in those uniforms,” He said while flashing his most charming smile, as he try to flatter the waitress.

The waitress with short brown hair, equally brown eyes, and as she is a catgirl she has cat ears and a tail with the same color as her hair and eyes. Her dress consisted of long sleeve above-knee dress color in green, a small orange bow under the collar, black leggings, short brown ankle boots, a white apron, and an equally white headband. 

Ignoring his blatant approach of Hermes trying to woo her, the catgirl said, “Hello, Hermes-sama. So, table for two, nya?” she repeated, but this time her cheerful tone was replaced with a neutral almost cold voice. 

Hermes pouted, as disgusting as it sound, for the cold treatment he got, “Yes, table for two.” He finally said it, with a downcast expression.

“Okay, you guys don't mind sitting at the counter right, nya.” The catgirl asked though it sound like an affirmation.

Both Hermes and Nox nod at that and soon lead to the place where they will sit. 

Nox's eyes darted around, she found that this is a pleasant place compared to any pub or tavern in this world. Nox is pretty sure this is one of the good ones, at least from his little experience, though it's probably not fair considering this is the center of the world and the other just a small city or a trading hub. He found that the other waitress also has the same uniform.  

Another catgirl, two human girls, and a she-elf. That is quite diverse.’ Nox muse.

As both sit down, a voice came from behind a bar.

“Oi, Hermes! Did not I tell you to not bother my girls!?” she said, a small threat can be felt in her voice. 

Nox looks up to see the new face. The first thing that came to his mind to describe her is giant, with her towering and imposing body the word seems perfectly fit for her. With her brown eyes and short brown hair, she has a vibe of your nice neighbor auntie that you definitely do not want to know what happens when she is angry. She wear the same dress as the waitress thought it was color in blue rather than green and without the headband. 

Hermes quickly makes some excuse, “Oh come on Mia. You know that's not what I mean.”

The bartender, Mia, rolled her eyes. “Yea, like I will believe that,” she said with a huff. Her eyes turn to Nox, “So who's your new friend here?” she said as her eyes narrow while she appraise him.

Hermes proudly smiles, “Meet my new friend. Nox.” He said like someone who just showing his new trophy.

“Naver see you before. So you must be new.” Mia said, her eyes still not leaving Nox.

“Yes. I actually just came,” Nox replied. His eyes stop wandering around and focus on the woman that Hermes calls Mia.

“Hmm,” Mia hum with a small nod. “Names Mia Grand, but everyone just calls me Mia or Mama Mia. I’m the owner of this place.” She said with her hand crossed in the front and a confident smile, her body language showing that she is indeed the owner of this establishment.

“Nox, Nox Black. Just a normal Adventure.” Nox replied with his own confident smile and a nod.

“Nox, huh,” Mia said as she look Nox up and down, trying to assess him. “You look like you have some experience,” she stated. 

“My home is,” Nox makes a small pause, “a little dangerous.”

“Hmm,” she hums, “Where do you come from?”

“North.”

“North? and how far is this North.”

Nox paused again as if he try to choose his word to make it easy to explain, while in truth he’s not. “Near Dragon Valley,” he finally begins, “there is a city called Brún.”

“Oh, that far huh,” Mia said while nodding knowingly. “You really are far away from home.”

“You know it?” Nox said, surprised and feeling a little trouble. After all, if she is local then his little lie will be easy to uncover.

“Nah,” Mia said as she wave her hand in dismiss, “I only heard the name once.” she pause as she try to remember something. “But if I remember correctly there is Goddess that make a home there,” she said while rubbing her chin.

“Ah, yes, Lady Skaði is the patron of the city.” Nox quickly said with a nod

“Yea Skadi,” Mia said as she remember, “so you leave your home and came to here,” she surmise.

“You can say that.”

“Hmm,” Mia hum again, “so how did you end up with this guy,” she asked while tilting her head and pointing his thumb toward the Messenger Gods.

Hermes makes some grunting voice while his hands clutch at his heart as if something just stabs at his chest. “Your word wound me, Mia-san,” he said.

“Nothing special, really.” Nox replied, Ignoring Hermes antic. “We happened to be heading in the same direction, so we became traveling companions.”

“And that's how you become his child?” Mia asked with one of her eyebrows up.

“What? Oh, No.” Nox quickly denied with a shaking head. “I’m not under Hermes patron. I’m serving other gods.”

“That can easily change,” Hermes said with a cheerful voice. His body leans toward Nox while one of his hand slings over his shoulder and grab the other side. Their faces close,  “Come on. Just say the word.” He said with a soft and convincing voice.

“I appreciate the offer,” He calmly said while he swept his hand off his shoulder. “But like I said before, I'm afraid I need to decline your offer.”

“Well, that's a shame,” Hermes said with a calmer tone as he pull back with shrug. “But just so you know, my offer still stands if you change your mind,” there is a truth in his voice, and for that Nox gives him an appreciated nod. “In the meantime,” he quickly turns his head and his easy-going attitude return, “Mia can you give us your best drinks.”

“Sure,” Mia said as he take two glass mugs and fill them with a drink. She then put them in front of them, “Soo, if you are not his child. Who's your god?” She asked. Curious about this newcomer and the god he served. 

While Hermes quickly takes the glass and starts chugging the content of it down to his throat. Nox was more reserved as he tentatively take the mug and peered toward liquid that swirled inside the glass.

“Well, that's a little trouble.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well,” he takes a sip and is surprised with the taste, ‘Oh, this is good’ he thought before he take another sip and then he continue, “he doesn't want me to tell his name to the other,” he slowly said. “He said he’s going to do it himself when he came here.”

“... Why?” is the only word Mia can utter as she feels how ridiculous the god can be.

Nox just shrug, “don’t know,” he said while making a face that said no clue, “he just said something about ‘part of his domain’ so ...” 

“and where is he now?” Mia asked though she feel she already know the answer.

“Well,” Nox take another sip before continuing, “we are planning to go here together, or at least that was the plan at first. Unfortunately, he claims he has some ‘urgent business’ that he needs to take care of and as such, he asks me to go first while he goes to the other place.” He finishes his explanation with a shrug, “So here I am.”

“Did he tell you what is his urgent business is?” Mia asked. 

“No, he won't tell me what it is,” Nox said while shaking his head. “He said ‘it will be more fun if you don't know.’.” He said as he repeat what Odin said before they split.

Mia sighs tiredly as she understands what it feels to serf under unreasonable gods, or goddess in her case. “Ah, typical of them. Always acting childish and unreasonably,” Mia said with a nod of understanding as she reminiscence her time in her old day.

One of the waitresses, a human girl with light grey hair, suddenly sneeze causing her to lose some balance of a few glasses in her tray. Luckily, none of it spilled. The three of them, which is Mia, Nox, and Hermes turn their head toward her. Each of them has a different reaction. Mia quickly said, “Careful there,” Hermes looked amused before continuing his drink, while Nox without a thought quickly say, “Bless you.” 

“Sorry,” the grey hair girl said back as she look at Mia after he manage to balance back the glass in his tray. Her move toward Nox. As they at each other eyes, deep black eyes meet light grey eyes, they begin to assess each other. ‘... interesting,’ Nox thought as he feel something swirl beneath her grey eyes.

“Ahhh, that the spot.” but it was Hermes' voice that broke Nox's trances as he turned back to his original position and glanced at the god.

“Mia can you refile it,” Hermes asked as he raise his glass toward Mia.

“Please cancel that order, Mama Mia.” Instead of Mia's voice, it was another voice that answer Hermes' request.

Both Nox and Hermes turn toward the voice, though the latter was significantly slower and stiff than the other.

It was a tall woman with sharp aqua blue hair and cyan-colored eyes. She also wears boxy glasses and a white robe that covered her entire body down past her knees.

“A-ah, Asfi-chan. You here.” For a moment Hermes' face becomes slightly pale before returning to normal as he shows his signature smile. “Come on, let's have a drink.” He said as he pats the stool beside her.

“Hermes-sama,” Asfi begins with a tired sigh, “you do realize we have some work that needs to be done by tomorrow noon.” 

“Ehhh, that means we still have some time to have fun, right,” Hermes argues with a childish tone. “Come on Asfi-chan, let us have some fun.”

For a moment they stare at each other before finally, she said “No.” in a stern manner. “If you do that. Tomorrow, you will claim to be too tired and end up not doing your job.” She ends his explanation with his hand pushing his glasses up. “Come on, Hermes-sama.” She then takes a few coins and puts them on the table before grabbing the back of her god collar and starting to drag him away.  

“Guh, Asfi-chan, You’re hurting me,” Hermes said as his body start being dragged by Asfi, but knowing her he knew that his pleading will fall on deaf ears so he looked toward the one he sure will help him. “Nox please help,” he turns toward Nox with pleading eyes.

Nox raises an eyebrow as he stares at Hermes' face. He then turns toward Asfi, for a second they stared at each other before back to Hermes.

“It appears I've taken too much of your time, good night Lord Hermes.” Nox said with a nod respectfully though what he truly to say is ‘It's your own problem, not mine. So don't drag me on this and deal it yourself.

“Nooo,” Hermes wail, “to think I have been forsaken by you. This world surely a cruel place.” He shouts in a dramatic way.

Asfi, give a nod to a Nox before back to her god, “Hermes-sama.” She grabbed the back of his collar and begins to pull him “Let's not make any more scenes than this.”

“Noooo …” Hermes voice slowly fades away as he drags out of the tavern.

The other patron looks at the couple with either some hint of amusement or just doesn't care.

“... Is he always like that?” Nox asked Mia after seeing the bizarre look of Hermes being dragged away like a petulant child

“Yup, they're all weird after all,” Mia confirms it with a nod. “Well, if you need something just ask me.” 

“Well,” Nox begins as he sips his drink before continuing his words, “I do have some questions.” 

“Go on, but if you ask me if you can make a move with one of my girls then the answer is No, and I will personally throw you out of the window. At least if they consent about it, then….” Mia delivers her treat with a smile and calm attitude that promise pain for those who fool enough to try, and no one can deny the amount of the treat in her voice. She also glances at some of the patrons, which they respond by averting their eyes.

Nox was quite taken back by the amount of threat she spew. So he asked, “...Is this some kind of a recurring theme in here?”

“Too many times this savage tries to do just that,” Mia said, her eyes still glaring at them before turning back to Nox.

“I see. But no,” Nox said as he softly shake his head. “I'm not trying courting one of your employees. I'm more interested if you can tell a thing or two about this city.”

Technically Nox already knows about the situation of the city, or at least he already has the idea of the situation of the city. The reason he doing this is that right now he is playing the role of a traveler from afar who just got into the city. 

“Why do you want to know that?” Mia asked curiously.

And it was not just Mia that show interest, there are others who also keep an eye on him. Like the waitress, all of them actually, with each possessing a different level of ability in concealing their intentions. The one that is the worse is the grey hair girl, Nox swears he can feel her gaze on him. While the other girls are more subtle, either because of their heritage or their skill or both. They are harmless in Nox's mind, as he was sure they do not look like the type that moves without reason. 

so let's not give them one,’ Nox thought. 

On the other hand. The one that Nox focuses on is the men in the corner. He may look like he currently enjoying his drink, but Nox can feel his focus is on him.

He will possess some slight trouble,’ Nox thought.

“Well if I’m going to stay here, at least I want to know the basics in this place.” Nox explains. “The news about this place is always inconsistent, and the bard tends to exaggerate when they tell their stories.” He reason.

“And you want to ask me?” Mia's lips slightly twitch upward.

“You are the owner of this place. Surely you heard a thing or two.”

“Fair enough, but that was such a broad question and I have a bar to manage you know.”

“I see.” Nox said with a nod, “Then perhaps you can recommend some food and drink, preferably something that has less alcohol, while I’m here.”

“Well, you speak my language,” Mia said with a wide grin. “May! One special menu.” She screams to the back.

“Okay, nya” A young feminine voice with a Cat People accent answers from the kitchen.

“Where do I start …”

Nox takes another sip before speaking. “I heard that Loki and Freyja Familia is the one that rules this city.” he pause as if he considered his next word, “Is that true?” 

“Nah, I will not say they ‘rule’ this place per se,” Mia said while shaking her head. “Is just that both of them are currently the strongest Familia after what happened to the previous one.”

“The previous one?” Nox parrot back, “You talking about Zeus and Hera Familia?”

“Aye, I’m sure you know what happens to them.”

“Their members were wiped out when they perform the Three Great Quest.” Seeing her face that becomes slightly darker Nox asked. “You lost someone?” He said softly that only he and Mia can hear it.

“I know few of them. They are good people,” Mia said softly before returning to normal. “After that, they left the city. Then Freya and Loki just take over as they are the second in terms of power.”

“So they together control the city.” Nox said as he make his own conclusion.

Mia snorted at that, “Pffft, yeah no, they not interested in doing that. Besides, they kinda hate each other for not becoming the number one.” She paused for a second before she continue, “The Guild with the help of Ganesha Familia is the one that controls the city.” She then turn around the moment she heard the small bell and return with plates full of food. “Oh, and here’s your food,” she said as she put a steak with some fried potato, a soup, cake, and a few more others.

“This is … quite a lot.” Nox said as he look at the full course meal in front of him.

“eh, you still grown-up boy,” Mia said with a wide grin on her face. “I’m sure you can finish all this up.”

Nox sighed, ‘well at least it looks and smells good.” he thought. He then takes the first bite. “Oh!”

“How is it? It’s good right.” Mia asked, looking at Nox's expression is make her smile wider. 

“Yes, it reminds me of home.” Nox said with a nod. He then take another bait and said, “Consider yourself got another loyal customer.”

“Well, aren't I happy to hear that?”

They talk after this is more relaxed, asking more about a few places that he needs to know like the location of the guild, the marketplace, and other places where he needs to go if need supply. Mia answers all his questions, giving him some pointers and suggestions. When he asked how she knew this, her answer was because she was adventurous when she was young.  

As time passed and the day is getting later and later, so to more people come in. It also means more and more people get drunk. 

“Well, I full.” Nox said as he stand up and put the money on the table. Seven hundred Valis, it was the most he had spent on one meal since he came here. Not like he going to complain as it was worth the price.

“You are living?” Mia asked while wiping a glass in her hand.”

“Yes, it's getting late and I need to check the address that my god give to me.”

“Well, if you need a place to stay, we have vacant rooms upstairs plus free breakfast if you chose to stay,” Mia said with a smile like a true businessman while pointing the stairs with her tumb.

Nox smiled, “Tempting, but no.”

“Shame,” Mia said with shrug.

“Good night, Mama Mia.”

“You to Nox.”

Nox started to walk while trying to navigate in the sea of drunken people. As he move one of the waitresses in front of him was trying to avoid a drunk man in front of him. She steps back only to slip and fall toward him. Seeing this he reflectively move to catch her. What happens next is that the waitress is now leaning to his body, his left hand grabbing her shoulder while his right hand grabbing her right hand that holds the tray from below.

“Wow, you okay,” Nox asked as he look at the green-haired elf.

The elf looks back toward Nox and she looks like deer caught in the headlight. She looks like a goldfish with her mouth open-close like that while her face was a little red.

was she sick,’ Nox muse.

“Ah, em, yes I‘m fine.” The elf manages to stamper a few words out of her mouth.

“Okay,” Nox said with a nod as he push her till she stand straight. He then let her go and with, “Please excuse me,” he excused himself and passed through a few people before finally pushing the double doors.

As Nox leaves the Hostess of Fertility, he can see the men in the corner start to follow him.

Well then,’ Nox thought, ‘how should I deal with you?’ 

His mind starts to form a plan as he blends into the crowd. 

The city of Orario is a place where many gods name it as their home. While many wills chose to explore the world or claim the land as part of their dominion by blessing the ruler of the land, many also see such a thing as a hassle task that is not worth it. After all, they came here to enjoy themself and spend their time in the entertainment that Genkai can offer, away from the boring place known as Tenkai. And so, for many gods, Orario become the first choice for those who chose to descend. Why? Well, the answer was quite simple. Orario is the Center of the World, both culturally and economically. It is a place where you can find anything this world can offer by just walking a few blocks away. As it builds above the Dungeon, it is the only place in the world that produces Magic Stone in steady quantity. Making them have the entire monopoly of the entire economy, as the world depends on Magic stones. 

So for the people who were born and grow up in this city seeing gods walking around is something normal thing– 

“Aw aw, Asfi please let go of me.” Hermes plead as he is being dragged by the neck.

“No.” Asfi quickly said, not even turning to see her god. “If I do that you will start running away.”

–especially seeing their weird antics. 

“No. I swear I’m not going to do that.” Hermes pleads again, this time more sincerely “Please Asfi, it starts getting hurt.” he said while pointing to his neck which she had been strangling for a while.

“Huh,” Asfi stop and huffs, before finally releasing him.  “Fine,” she said.

“*Caugh* thank you,” He said hoarsely while coughing a few times to clear his throat.  “You can be nicer, you know.”

Asfi stare at her god and said, “I would do it if you went straight home upon returning instead of planning to spend the whole night drinking.”

“Oh come on I'm just tired, is it wrong to relax a little bit,” Hermes whines while tilting his head slightly in a childish manner. 

“It doesn't look like it.” Asfi deadpan said, showing clearly that his scheme doesn't work. 

“You are so mean Asfi-chan. you event tied me to a tree and leaf me alone in the wild.” Hermes said while weeping his crocodile tear from his eyes.

“It’s all for your own good. Besides, you know the full reason why you deserve that.” For a moment, Hermes thought his captain had just learned ice magic considering how cold her voice is.

“Is it wrong to buy some presents for my beloved kids? Here look I got some delicious candy for you.” Hermes asked while giving her candy.

“No,” Asfi curtly said but she still take the candy and plop it to her mouth.  “But gloating at the widow of the shop owner is.”

“Oh, come on I just bargain for the price,” Hermes said as he try to make some excuse to justify his behavior.

“While looking intensively at her cleavage.” She said as she was not amused by his attempt to make some excuse.

“Well, she does have good pair assets,” Hermes said under his breath. Which is a stupid thing to do in front of someone with enhanced hearing power.

“I know it,” A dark aura formed around her body.

“Wait Asfi-chan, I’m joking,” Realizing his blunder, Hermes quickly apologizes. “Okay, I'm going to do my job properly, but I can't do that if you crack my head open. So please put your fist down.”

Asfi takes a few calming breaths. ‘No, giving him a beating he deserves is not a good thing,’ she thought. ‘At least not here.’

A shiver crept on Hermes' body as he look at the way his captain look at him.

“Fine, come one. There are so many documents that need to be signed.”

“Okay, but before that, there is something I want you to do.”

Asfi knew while his god always look like this, he is a good god. So when he suddenly change his manner, it means something must have happened. Whether it's good or bad, and she hopes it's good.

“What is it?”

“I want you to pick someone from our member to keep an eye on a certain individual.”

so it's a cloak-and-dagger activity,’ She thought. “This individual. Is it the man that sits beside you?”

“My captain truly are claver.” Hermes sincerely said that. “Yup, that's him. His name is Nox Black.”

“This man, Nox. What so special about him?” she inquire. ‘there must be a reason why he does this.’ she thought. And while she just meet him, even if it was just a moment, her gut tells her that he is without a doubt an experienced Adventure or at least someone with an experience.

“Well, I just think he is an interesting man.” 

“Is that it?”

“Yes, I can feel a new player just enter the board,” Hermes said in seriousness before he quickly turn to the normal one and sigh. “It shame he is already been taken.”

“Is he really that interesting?”

Hermes grins, “you should see him in action.” 

“Is that mean he’s dangerous?”

“No,” Hermes quickly said, but then he add, “not unless he got provoked first. Then he will.” 

“Which we are going to do.” Asfi quickly makes a comment.

“Yup,” Hermes said, looking very amused as he look at Asfi's expression. “Don’t worry, I don’t think he will move just from this thought.”

A sudden thought crossed Asfi's mind, “Is he part of …” She stop as to leave the question open. Who knows who is going to hear their conversation.

“No. At least I believe that.” Hermes said. Nox is not part of any Evil gods. That he was sure about it, as his feeling says so.

“Fine,” with a tired sigh Asfi said it while pinching her nose. “I will pick someone to do that.”

“Thank you, Asfi,” Hermes said as he begin to stoke Asfi's head. “What will I do without my cute captain.”As she heard this, Asfi's response is to begins to lower his head, hiding her face from the god. “Now let's go,” Hermes said with spirit as he turn around and start to walk, though it was just a step as Asfi suddenly grabbed his hand.

“E-eh, A-Asfi!?” Hermes stammer as he does not expect her to do this. ‘A-asfi-chan!? Are you finally fall from my charm.’ He quickly turns around and sees that she still lowering his head, staring at the ground below.

A strange feeling suddenly forms in his chest and he can feel something in the air.

“Hermes-sama …” Asfi begins. Her voice was soft and slow, and she begin to squeeze his hand. And then she raises her head and stares directly at his eyes, “You are going the wrong way,” she said. It was the blankest expression that Hermes had ever seen and he had seen a lot of it.

The weird feeling and the atmosphere that previously start to build up, suddenly crumble like a sandcastle that just got hit by a tsunami as they stare at each other. 

Hermes blink.

Asfi blink.

Hermes blink again.

Asfi blinks back.

Hermes makes a “hehe” sound while tilting his head to the side, sticking his tongue out, one of his eyes close, and his hand makes a gesture of hitting his head. A cute expression for someone cute and definitely not for Hermes. 

“What do you mean “hehe”,” Asfi said while still maintaining her stiff and cold expression that even Hermes believed it could freeze the deepest parts of Tartarus.

Hermes stops what he’s doing, stands straight, smiles innocently, and goes like a bat out of hell. Of course, his plan was spoiled for one single fact. Asfi still holds his hand, rather strongly in fact that it starts getting hurt. 

Asfi quickly and easily overpowers him as she pulls him back and grabs him by his back collar, again. Then she began to drag him, again.

“Come on, Hermes-sama.”

“Noooo …”

His scream echo throughout the city, marking another peaceful day in Orario.

As Nox walked on the side of the street, his eyes wandered around. He was currently enjoying the atmosphere of the city after having a great dinner. For Nox, this place was an interesting place unlike others he had ever visited. Not just because he was currently in another world but as a Magician, this city is very interesting. When he finally steps into the city, he manages to confirm and find something interesting as soon as he passed the city gate. The first thing is that this city is located where many Ley-Lines were overlapping, which itself is a fascinating thing. 

Ley-Line itself is a path of “Energy” that flows throughout the earth. Many ancient cities were built atop this line as their founder understand the importance of such places, but sometimes the reason why they built a city in this line is that they are unconsciously drawn to this place. Each of these lines has its own characteristic. Some flow in one direction while others can do both ways, some flowing calmly while others behave like a raging storm. Many theories try to explain the nature of such a thing. There are some theories that claim that they are made from pure Magical Power, others who take the path of “The Mystic” claim that they are made of Spiritual Energy. Some even claim that they are some kinda fount of Life Energy, which is why some people call it “The Mother Vein”. But what is clear, is that no matter what the name they chose. The idea behind it is still the same.

While it's true that some Lay-Lines cross at each other, it was a rare thing. And the place he was currently standing was outside the usual normal norm. The City or perhaps the Dungeon itself can be said as a “Crossroads”. 

or even a “Fount”,’ Nox thought. But he got ahead of himself.

Hmm, I need to run some tests and experiments to check this,” Nox muse as he took a corner into an alley, away from the main street. It was rather empty, clear from any garbage or praying eyes. His hand roams into his bag until he finally finds what he wants, a map. He looks down trying to find his place through his map. After he sure he continue his walk. He raises his right hand and quickly brushes his palm at the brick wall. The moment it touches the wall, runic symbols appear. For a second it glows and in another, it's gone, as it has never been there in the first place. For a moment his eyes glance at where the runic symbols appear not even slowing his steps. ‘It will do for now,’ he thought. 

The second thing is that he feels something after he enters the city. There is some sort of power or energy thumping throughout the entire city. It was fairly thin and act like a blanket that cover the entire city. From the way it works, he doesn't feel any malice or ill purpose from it. In fact, the force was directed to the ground, and possibility to the Dungeon itself.

Nox's thought was stopped as he meet trouble in front of him. His step stop as he arrived at the fork, one leading to the right while the other to the left. He looks down at his map and walks to the left. His hand still occasionally swept the wall. And just like the other, another rune quickly lights up, and just like that it quickly fades. 

An active Ward that constantly floods by raw Mana as its fuel and uses it too pushes a foreign force to its will. And all this happened constantly for almost a thousand years,’ Nox concludes. A smiles creps to Nox's face as he tries to hold a snicker with his hand, less he shows the face he makes from the conclusion that his mind made to the world to see. Not like someone in this empty alley will see it … Well, except for that one.

Oh, this is exciting. After all, no modern practitioner would ever dream to even be able to achieve such a feat. Truly a feat befitting of their kind.’ Nox muse. He still smiling, but it was more normal and manageable.

The third thing is when Nox entered the city, or more specifically the moment when he crossed the city gate. Something he really familiar with it. A Ward. thought it was more of sensor type and not the offensive type. At first, he thought it was part of Ouranos but he start to doubt it. He need to go back and check it more closely, which he plans going to do, but for now, he was sure that it was different. Which becked the question. Is this Ward part of the city which in extent part of Ouranos, Or it was made by another party. Right now he doesn’t know, but he feels he was going to meet one of them.   

After a few moments of waking, Nox finally out of the alley. What greets him is a small clearing, some sort of park. The entire area was paved by brick save from the place in the middle. The canter part is an elevated ground in the shape of a perfect circle using the brick wall to hold its shape. The ground inside the circle was covered in grass with only a single cherry tree in the middle. Surrounded by this circle are several long wooden benches with several lamp posts between them which provide lighting for those who choose to rest here at night. It was quiet, it was calm and it was beautiful. And in one of those benches is two familiar figures, waiting for him.

“I take you enjoyed your time,” Nox said as he got closer into them and stop a meter in front of them. “Valravn,” he said to his familiar raven.

The raven croaked before she jump from the bench and fly to Nox's shoulder where she make herself comfortable before making a croaking sound again.

Nox's hand moves to his pocket and fish out an almond. His raven gratefully took it from his hand and quickly eat it, “Yes I can see you enjoying yourself,” he said as she make a happy voice. “Whose your friend thought?” he said while looking at the black owl.  

His familiar, predictably, only make a croaking sound, though he receives the message clearly from their bond. What he did not expect is that the owl suddenly makes a ‘hoo~’ sound as it replays what his raven said. Valravn quickly turn and croaked back which the owl answered with his own ‘hoo~’. And soon the empty park fills with their sounds, as they reply to each other.

While this is interesting to watch, Nox was more interesting in the other thing or perhaps the other person that needs to be addressed.

“I know you there,” Nox said as he turned toward one of the dark alleys. His calm and neutral voice makes the two familiar to close their beak.  “Why you lingering in the shadow,” he says as he looks at the dark alley and stares into the darkness.

A quite few moment's past and the figure finally appear from the shadow.

Taking look at the figure, a small smile started crept to Nox's face. ‘Oh,’ He thought, ‘so finally the local Magus showed himself.’ he look at him with some interest, Well, this is getting interesting.

 

9