15. Orario (4)
588 7 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Orario (4)


As I stir from my slumber, a few things start to register in my mind. First, is that the light from the morning sun somehow manages to slip from the only tiny gap of my curtain and perfectly land on my face. 

Which annoyed me, to say the least. ‘Because of course, there's nothing better than waking up with your eyes pierced by the sun. ugh, thanks Helios,’ I grumbly thought.

The second is that I overslept, as I usually wake before the sun rises. The third is that my chest feels heavy. Like something was pressing against it.

I slowly, gingerly, open my eyes and glance toward the source of my discomfort. This gave me the fourth surprise, as I was quickly greeted by a pair of violet eyes. 

I blink a few more times, trying to squash the drowsiness that plagued my mind. And when my mind is finally clear, I can now see her more clearly. 

Her violet eyes still stare deeply toward my own pair of eyes. Above her head, her black triangular ears twitched upwards, and her long black tail sways slowly behind her back.

She moves closer, her face now just a few inches from I's face. 

Then she suddenly lunged forward and licked my right cheek.

“Regina,” I muttered slowly as I pushed my body up to a sitting position with my back leaning onto the headboard.

With both hands, I pick her up till her face is at the same level as mine.

“Regina, did not I tell you to stop sleeping on top of me,” I softly admonish her.

The black cat, with only a speck of white colors on her chest, meows at me while tilting her head cutely.

“Meow?”

“Why? Because you already have your own place,” I answered her while I turned my head, looking at the particular place where she was supposed to be sleeping.

If other people saw this situation, they would only think that I was just playing with my pet. But the truth was that I was having a fully functional conversation with her—my own familiar.

“Meow!” 

For others, this is what they heard when Regina meowed cutely. While for me…

I'd rather be here, than that place,” she said through our connection, with her soft almost sultry voice.

I frown when I heard this, “You don’t like it? Why?” I ask back.

Because it's cold,” She said as a matter of fact.

“It's cold,” I parrot back.

And you’re very warm~,” she said flirtatiously. Which, honestly feels so weird when she said it in that form.

“And I'm warm,” I murmur back, as I pinch my bridge nose and sigh after hearing her reason, “Should I put some Sigil that can make it warm?” I offer.

She shakes her head and pouts –how a cat accomplishes these, is a mystery that I have yet to uncover–, “No. It doesn't feel the same if you do it,” she transmits her thought.

“Why do you mean, it will not be the same?!” I said.

Are you doubting my skill?’ I thought as I huffed and put her down. Feeling that I’m finally awake, I get out of my bed and starts walking toward the kitchen. 

Regina gives me a strange look before she jumps down from the bed and soon follows beside me.

“By the way, last night, did I feed you?” I asked, glancing down toward the black cat. I’m not lying when I told the old informant I was too tired. So I was basically walking on autopilot halfway to my house. 

She shakes her head, “No. But, I've gone where I can get one,” she said.

“Where?”

From the flower lady,” she answered, walking a few steps in front of me.

I frown, “From the florist? Is it perhaps, the one where I buy gardening supplies and equipment for the greenhouse in the back?” I ask for clarification.

Yes, the smelly bags,” she grimaced when she said the last part.

“I see,” I said, as we finally arrived at the kitchen. 

I then opened the freezer and started to take a few ingredients to make some food for me and the others. While Regina quickly moves to the table. Using one of the chairs as a foothold, she reaches the top of the table and makes herself comfortable as he sits.

“She's a nice woman, isn't she,” I idly comment as I close it and move to the table.

Yes. Thought that can’t be said to her mate.”

That makes me raise an eyebrow, but I’m not interested in other people's married life so I’m not asking what she means by that.

After putting all the ingredients I needed, I moved to the cupboard. Taking everything I need from there –cooking ware and some spice– before moving to one of the two windows in the kitchen. I opened it, letting in some fresh air and allowing my other familiars to enter.

A raven, Valravn, lands on the open window. 

She croaked happily at me. Though her mood quickly soured the moment she turned and saw Regina sitting at the table. A mutual feeling that Regina shares as their eyes meet.

Regina gives her a cold greeting.

Bird,” Regina said, not even bothering to hide her distaste. 

Cat,” Valravn answered in the same tone, with her cold and rigid voice.

How's your day, errand boy? Still rummaging through the trash looking for maggots to eat?

Oh, it's fine. How about you? Still letting people touch you like a lowly slut, you are?

Hmm, perhaps it's time for the bird to lose its privilege to fly. Come here, let me help you tear those wings!

Oh, my, such brute. How about you come here so I can rip off your limbs~!"

"Hmph! And you call me brute! You barbaric woman!"

"Oh! I just want to show it to Master, who you truly really are. A Worm!

Val starts croaking angrily, while Regina starts hissing in the same manner.

But before they lunge at each other and perform their death dance, I clap my hands. The sound and the small wave of magic that I create snap them back to reality. They all turn toward me.

“Okay, stop! both of you. Val, be nice,” I said before turning to Regina. She made a triumphant face, thinking I was on her side. Which makes Val look very angry,  “That goes for you too, Gina,” the smugness on her face quickly dropped after I said this. At the same time, making Val looks very pleased.

It’s always like this. They have always been at odds since the first time they met each other, and to this day I still don't know the reason why.

Anyway master, Unlike that oversized feather duster, I have been a good girl,” Regina said, looking so proud –as much as a cat face can convey– while glancing at Valravn.

Valravn snorted, “What a minx,” she said while rolling her eyes.

Regina scowls and hisses at her, before turning back at me with her smile.

“What did you do?” I ask, knowing that it is the face she makes when she wants to be praised after doing something.

Well~. It's about the florist lady. Apparently, she has a big problem and so I decided to help her,” she said with her eyes that practically screamed, “please praise me”.

Breaking News! A black cat has been terrorizing a local populace!” Quip Valravn.

Hearing this I frown and stop what I’m currently doing —cutting the vegetables — and narrow my eyes as I glance at Regina. “What exactly did you do?” 

D-don't worry master, It's not as bad as what that feather ball claims,” she quickly said in a panic. 

Yes, it's much worse,” Valravn gravely said as if reading an obituary.

Lies!” Regina hiss back.

“Stop it, Val!” I said to her before turning toward Regina,  “Well then, start explaining.”

Regina nods, while keeping her death glare at Valravn, and begins to explain what she was doing. As she did so, I continued cooking. I remained silent, listening attentively without interrupting her even once and focusing on my cooking. When she finished explaining, the meal was ready and I set it on the dining table.

“I see. So, basically, you found out that her husband has a problem with gambling addiction. So every time her husband was going gambling, you would alert her and tell her about it so she can stop him. When you can’t do that, you will follow him and act like a sign of bad luck by showing yourself to him, and only him, every time he loses. And now he has a mild case of Mavrogatphobia. Is that correct?” I summarize.

Yes,” she nodded while glaring at the smirking Valravn who is trying –and failing– to hold her laugh.

I huff, “I guess that's fine. But, just be careful. From what you're saying. If you keep doing this, no one will know what will happen when he starts acting irrationally.”

She raised her right front paw and showed her sharp nails, “I'll make sure he'll have a night to remember when he tries it~~,” She said in a sultry way.

Tsk, Whore,” Valravn sneers at her.

Regina quickly snapped at her, “Okay, you know what! Tonight, you’re going to my dinner plate!

Ooohhh! I like to see you try, you dirty mop~!

“Will you girls stop trying to kill each other!” I said as I pinched my bridge nose while glaring at the two of them before I looked at Regina and said, “... please, try not to escalate the situation, okay.”

Okay, Master~,” she said.

“That's including you, miss,” I said as I turned toward Valravn.

Yes, Master.”

“Gina, I won't stop you if you want to do something like this. But, just try to be careful, and remember that everything has consequences. That includes you, Val” I said to both of them.

“ “Yes,” ” They said in unison.

“... good.”

I put three bowls on the floor and tap the floor with his feet, “Come boys, breakfast ready.”

I look down and watch as the shadow beneath me expands. From the shadow three pairs of burning eyes stare back at me. And from it, they emerge, as if the place where they arise is not made from a solid ground but mere liquid. Making the way they appeared, like they just swim out of the ground. However, that is probably not too far from the truth.

I then make sure to give the portion to Valrvan and Regina, before finally finishing the one for me. The breakfast that ensued was a quiet one. I mean sure, Valravn and Regina occasionally throw some jibes here and there, but nothing involves physical contact… yet. 

After that, I took a good shower. It still amazes me how modern can this place is. Considering the level of technology in this world put them somewhere between the late middle age and early renaissance. But then again, throughout my short journey, this city is probably the only one that can manage to achieve this level of modern technology. All because of the Dungeon, or perhaps more specifically the utter monopoly of the magic stones that came from it.  

After a good shower, I then went back to my room to get dressed. Standing in front of a mirror, I make sure nothing is out of order. I wear a white long sleeve shirt under a light brown vest, long beige pants with a black belt, black shoes, a bolo tie with a green pendant on it, my watch strapped to my left hand, and lastly a long sand-colored trench coat. 

I then go toward my basement. When I turned the handle of the door that led down to the basement, apart from a clicking sound indicating the door was open there was also a very small mana fluctuation in the air. It was a locking spell, and it meant that the seal was still there.

The door opens, revealing wooden stairs leading to the lower floor. The moment my feet step to the last one, the entire room lit up from the magic lamps and showed the entire state of my basement, or rather my Workshop.

The room was split in two using a curtain as a barrier, with one of the farthest parts empty with nothing but magic circles on the floor while the other part was full of goods. A long table is located in the middle of that part. On it was neatly organized –okay, I admit it was just a little messy, ok–  several tools, a city map full of marks, my personal bag, the sword from the Gnome, and books with various themes and subjects. A workbench on one of the sides of the room, above it, was stocked with chemical/alchemy equipment, and everything needed for delicate work. On the other side was a cupboard full of books and materials for his work. Like basic materials, herbs, monster drops, and their organs –which should never exist because they always turn to ashes when they died, but after a few tweaks, I manage to preserve them– were neatly arranged in a glass container according to their classification and properties.

I make a quick check of the room, specifically toward my current project and all the items which I keep here. Finding that there are no problems or something that need special attention, I take my bag, stuff it with all I need for the day, and strap my sword to my side. 

After that, I make sure that the room was resealed when I close the door. 

Regina was waiting in front of the basement door.

Master.”

“Gina, I plan to go out of town.”

Can I go with you?” Her ears twitch upward and her tail swings left and right.

“No. Stay here and make sure everything is safe,” I said as I start walking toward the front door.

She quietly follows while looking down with her ears falling flat to her head, “Oh … okay, when? and how long will you go?

 “Tomorrow morning, and perhaps two or three days.”

I see…,” she quietly said with her eyes losing some light.

 Reaching the front door, I notice her state. So I kneel down and stroke her head.

“Sorry…,” I sigh, “You know what, I promise I will grant you one wish when I return.”

Really!” the light came back to her face as she looked up and I felt uneasy as I saw the look in her eyes.

“One. Just One, and be reasonable,” I quickly said.

She nods enthusiastically, “Yes, I understood.

I stand up and then start walking to the first destination of the day.

The Witch’s Secret House.

It’s quite an interesting choice of name for a shop. Because while technically it has never been a secret –at least for the magic practitioner in this city–, it was indeed owned by a witch. Or at least she acted like one of them if I compared her to some of the witches I knew.

In my experience with dealing with their kind, Lenoa –the shop owner–, could be considered a reasonable person. Well … as reasonable as a witch can be. This can be translated as she will not stab you in the back nor she will sell you a faulty product. Which makes her a trusty business partner, but bad for your wallet because she will not stop putting another zero on your bill.

The bell on the door chimes as I push it open. The musky smell of herb and the smell of incense fill my nostril the moment I step into the shop. The racks on the walls were filled with her product such as potions, jars filled with her merchandise, candles, and some old-looking books. There’re also some questionable products like human skulls and other things that make you wonder how she even got one of those or if is it even legal to have those things.

And the center of the shop. Sitting in the corner, an old woman with a crooked nose, wore a black robe and a large pointy hat of the same color, while her hand worked to stir the dubious substance in the cauldron in front of her, while the other held a worn-out book. She was no other than the owner of the shop herself, Lenoa.

The perfect image of a witch, like the one from The Wizard of Oz. Except, of course, she doesn't have green skin or her body will dissolve if you throw a bucket of water at her.

I move my legs and start walking toward her. 

The witch glances at me –acknowledging my presence– before turning back to her soup and book, while stirring the questionable substance with her ladle.

“Ah, you back,” She said with a raspy voice, “and here I thought ya were finally dead.”

“Hello to you too, Lenoa,” I said with a flat tone while raising my eyebrow, “and what makes you think of that?”

“Well, that ‘cause you’re still young,” She said as it was the obvious thing.

“Meaning?”

“Mean' you're prone to being reckless and foolish!”

I snort from her notion, “You think I’m someone who is ‘reckless and foolish’, as you eloquently said it.”

Lenoa finally raises her head and looks at my face, “The items you bring are not something that normal Adventure at your level should manage to get. That means you have been goin’ farther than your level allows. Am I wrong?”

I cross my hands to the front, “Ever thought maybe I have some help?”

“Bah! Even I know, that you’re a loner.”

“I prefer the term Solo Adventurer. Besides, maybe I'm just more skilled than them.”

“That's what they all said, before meeting their end.”

I blink and slightly tilt my head to the side, “You know … I don't take you as someone who cares.”

“Well that's because I don't,” She quickly refutes, “I just don't want to lose my cash cow.”

“How cruel are you, are you perhaps Baba Yaga?!” I said deadpan.

She laughs like a cartoon witch, “Hihihi… what a nostalgic name.”

I roll my eyes from her antics. “Joke aside,” I take a piece of paper from my pocket, “I need items from this list, and has my order arrived?” I give it to her.

She put her book on a nearby table, then took the piece of paper from my hand. For a moment she read the list, her eyes widened and she quickly glanced at me. Without uttering a single word, she asks the question through her eyes. Want to confirm what I want, so I give her a slight nod of affirmation.

She gives me a small nod. Her eyes sparkled from the prospect of the money she was about to make.

“I have some in the back, but the rest must be ordered in advance and ya need to pay first. And yes, your order has arrived.”   

I take a bag of money from my bag and put it on the table. The bag clattered as it hit the table, and some of the coins spilled out from the loose ties.

“Will these enough?”

Lenoa nodded and scoped it all, “I'm going to the back. In the meantime, be a good boy and keep an eye on it, yeah,” she pointed toward her cauldron.

“W-what?! Why?"

“’Cause I can't leave this thing alone," She said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"And you want me to do it?! I don’t even know what kind of amalgamation are you trying to make?!” 

"Oh, don't be a pussy. That potion ain’t dangerous,” she said and quietly add, “probably."

"Hey! What do you mean by 'probably'!"

"Just follow the book and you will be fine," she waves his hand as she walks to the back door. But as she reached the door, she gave me her parting words, "oh… and also, if ya mess it up, you're going to pay for it."

"Wha–!" My word was cut short as she slammed the door closed. I can hear her evil laugh muffles from behind the close.

I can only sigh and pinch my bridge nose. "Witch," I quietly muttered as I looked toward the closed door. ‘I guess they're all the same no matter what world I'm in,’ I thought.  I turned toward the bubbling green liquid.

The more I look at it, the more I question the legality of its existence.

I sigh again, "let's just get these done. At least I can finally see what is inside her book," I take the ladle and start stirring the pot while reading the book.

Calling it a book may not be the best description as it was more of a compilation of notes from many different pages of books and/or scrolls that staple into one, with many faded notes inscribed in the corner of every page. There is no index or page list and its content is not arranged in a cohesive manner as it keeps jumping around from a simple potion like the one that can cure a common cold to the extreme one like the one that can kill a man in the most gruesome way –well not the ‘most’ gruesome way in my knowledge with curse and hex but still, they are considered on the top of the list–.

I hum after I finish reading the instruction, “Hmmm, so that's what it is.” Several different materials were replaced with native materials that came from this world, but the final result is still similar to the counterpart potion from my world.

“Well, I think I will enjoy reading the rest of this book so long as it does not turn purple.”

But the universe appears to have a different plan for me as the potion started to bubble violently and its color begin to change purple.

“Oh, bloody hell!” I curse and turn toward the nearest drawer behind me. I put my gloves on and start opening them one by one, trying to find the right material to stabilize the substance back to normal. 

“Tsk, will it kill her to put some label on these drawers,” I hiss as I open the next drawer. 

The doorbell chimed –I think–, signaling there is another person entering the shop but I was too focused on the task to care about that.

Finally,’ I thought as the next drawer I pull contains what I need. I take the amount that I need and glace at the cauldron. ‘Usually, I will use some mortar and pestle to crush these but, no time for that,’ I crush it with my two hands and throw it into the pot, then I stir it counterclockwise.

I exhale slowly as the bubbling subsides and the color is back to normal, which means the substance is now stable.

“Not my best work, but I think this will be fine,” I said quietly, satisfied with my work, while still stirring the cauldron.

“And what exactly are you making?” The sudden voice makes me quickly turn my head toward the source as I remember I was not alone.

Black eyes meet jade eyes. 

As we stared at each other, I took a closer look at her, something that I believe she is doing the same to me.

She was a beautiful woman, with jade-colored hair –the same color as her eyes– that reaches to her waist, and long pointy ears. She wears a green outfit, a white cloak over it, a black belt, a yellow sash, black leggings, long brown boots, and in her hand she carries a staff.

Fae Folk,’ I thought as soon as I see her pointy ears, ‘No. Elves, in this world. They are not the same as the Good Neighbor back home… Now that I think about it since I came here, the only one I meet is the old Gnome back at the Dragon Valley. Maybe I should say hello to the local one.’

“–?”

Her voice stop my musing, “Ah, sorry, you saying?”

“I’m asking, are you perhaps Lenoa’s protégé?”

“Oh, no, no, no. I’m not her protégé or anything like that,” I quickly correct her. “One is enough,” I quietly murmur as the memory of a certain witch comes to my mind. But it appears it is not quite enough as the elf manages to catch it.

She raise an eyebrow and asked, “Are you saying, that you’ve been under the auspices of another witch?” Her tone was not of doubt but more of interest.

“Ah, yes, you can say it like that,” I said and I have a feeling I know what she going to ask based on the glimmer in her eyes.

“Can you perhaps introduce me to her?”

Yup, I knew it, after all–’. “Why did you want to meet her?”

“I was hoping she can share some of her knowledge.”

–It's the same reason why I want to meet them,’ I thought. 

“Why not just ask Lenoa then? I’m sure she will help you.”

“Well yes, I can. It's just that, if I asked her for help, she will ask for a little fee and Lenoa could be a little…” She stops, trying to find a word for it. 

“Greedy,” I said with a knowing smile while my hand form a money gesture.

“It's not the word I would use. But, yes,” she diplomatically said, but her smile and her overall expression practically agree with me.

I chuckle, “Yeah, well, it's just in their nature, and believe me they are all just the same –some even worse. About your request, yes I can take you to her, is what I want to say.”  

“Oh,” she looks disappointed when she hears my answer. “May I ask why?”

It's because they’re living in a different world, quite literally in fact,’ is what I want to say. “It because the witch –and her covenant– that I knew, is a hermit and secretive in nature. Their policies are; they are the ones who will approach you, not the other way around.”

“Ah, I see,” She said looking a little downcast.

“Yeah, Sorry miss…” I pause as I realize I still don't know her name and she appears to catch these.

“Ah! Forgive me for the late introduction. My name is Riveria Ljos Alf, an Adventures from Loki Familia.”

Ljos Alf,’ I thought. When I heard there is a race of Elves in this world, I also learn that there is also the existence of the so-called ‘High Elf’. It was fascinating to find, not to mention the fact that their family name ‘Ljos Alf’ is basically a derivative word of‘Ljósálfar’ or the Light Elves, the denizen of Álfheimr. Unfortunately, not many of the books I found contain information about these High Elf, and those that contain make it sound like a fairy tale rather than an actual fact.

I unconsciously pull my gloves and offer my right hand to her, “Nox, Nox Black, currently just another simple mage in this city.” It was then that I realized what I have done. “ah, I’m sorry,” I said as pull back my hand. 

But her action surprises me more.

“No it's fine,” she said as she shake my hand, “A pleasure to meet you, Black-san.”

“The pleasure is mine,” I said back before retracting my hand, “Though I apologize if my previous action offend you, Lady Alf.”

A few things I learned about the elves from this world is that they have an aversion to physical contact, especially with other races.

“No, it's fine, I have learned to be more open-minded and trying to get used to this kind of thing. Though I can’t say for the other, so I suggest you be more careful.”

I nod, “I will take that to heart.”

“And also,” she begins, “I would like you to be less formal with me.”

“Are you sure that's okay? I mean you are a member of royalty, right? Wouldn’t that be inappropriate?”

“Yes, that is true, however, I’m currently just another Adventure and I would like to be treated the same way as just that.”

“Well, okay then, Miss Riveria.”

“Thank you, Black-san.”

“Nox is fine.”

There was a comfortable silence as I was focused on making sure the potion is stable while Riveria quietly watch me work.

“So, you say, you’re a mage?” It was Riveria that finally speak first.

“Yes, I’m.”  I sigh and grumble and jokingly murmur, “Seriously, why is it everyone doubting me when I said it.”

To be honest, it’s not like I care if people don't believe me. Because usually, that was the norm, with the whole secrecy and all. But here, where magus is more common and was easier to become one of them … well not really, because from most of what I see, the majority of them have more common to a Spell Caster rather than proper Magus, meaning they are lean to use magic only in its practical aspect. So, the fact that I had to be degraded and equated with them and some still don't believe me hurts a little, just a little bit.

She caught my tone, “Maybe because of your vibe?” 

I groan and wail exaggeratedly, “What?! should I wear a heavy gray cloak, wide pointy hat, and walk around carrying a great staff.”

She brings her hand up and covers her mouth as she giggles, “While that surely will help, that is not what I mean.” She calms herself, “what I mean is that you’re more look like a …Swordsman.”

“... you sound unsure of yourself.”

“Apologies, I merely make a deduction based on how you dress.”

“And based on your observation, you conclude that I’m some sort of a Swordman,” I’m not insulted or anything like that, just merely curious. Besides it's not like I’m trying to look like a mage –that is not my intention– but rather to blend into the general populace. 

“Sorry, it just most adventures like to dress in a more … elaborate manner according to their class, that especially true in the case of Mage.”

“Yea, I see a lot of people here like to wear ridiculous amounts of accessories that serve no purpose other than to look good,” I said. 

While I don't really have much knowledge about armor, what I do understand is about magic items. From what I see, here, a lot of them are made with a focus on look rather than function. While there is nothing wrong with making it beautiful and pleasing to look at, it feels –for the most part– like many of them are designed as an accessory rather than their effectiveness and efficiency in improving the quality of their users.

“True, but people who become Adventure usually also want Fame not just Fortune. Having flashy clothes usually will help.”

“Well, not me. I don't really want to become famous.”  

“Truly? Most people who become Adventure want to become famous and be acknowledged by the gods.”

“Most people. I honestly don't really like being the center of attention, besides I don't think getting the attention of the gods is something that I want.”

“And why is that?”

“Come one, you surely know what happens when the gods suddenly have interest in someone. And considering this place is full of them,” I explain. ‘Besides, it will hinder my job if too many people take interested in me.’

“A valid concern,” she nods with an expression that fully understands how troublesome these gods can be on her face.

The back door suddenly opens, making both of us turn our heads. Standing there is Lenoa, with a packet in her hands.

“Good morning, Lenoa,” Riveria greet her.

“Mornin’,” she great as she strides toward me, or rather, toward her cauldron. She asked for her ladle the moment I’m in her reach –to which I obliged to give it back to her– while at the same time she handed the packet to me. While I was checking my packet, the witch's focus was on the potion. She stir the liquid a few times, seemingly checking the dangerous potion before giving a nod of satisfaction and her head turned toward me. “Surprise you ain’t manage to burn it, here I thought I can get easy money.”

“Too bad for you, I have my way around potion and the like,” I gave my jab before pausing and speaking my concern, “... This thing is dangerous. Whose order it?” 

She was silent for a beat or two, I can see in her eyes she is weighing whether she wants to tell me or not. “East,” she finally said, quietly, before gaining her voice, “the order came from the Far East. I don’t exactly know who, but I suspect it's for the Amaterasu Familia.”

“Amaterasu,” I slowly said the name of the Sun Goddess of the Shinto Pantheon, tasting it against my lips. 

Name, have power, these especially true for the gods and goddesses. Their name can empower spell, more so for the devouter who use faith as their base. Since I was thrown into this world, there are always these strange feelings every time I said their name. The small, silly, part of me even thought that they will just be going to pop up in front of me if I said their name. Of course, the rational part of me thinks it’s ridiculous, considering the restriction and rules of the gods of this world.  Perhaps it's because they materialize in these plain, like the time when the gods still walk freely on earth, and because I use words as one of my magic bases. At least that's my working hypothesis. 

But these thought is for another day, so I quickly push them aside.

“What makes you suspect them?”

“This thing is expensive and they are the only ones who can afford these many of it.”

Fair point,” I thought. “do you know why they need it so much?”

She shrugged, “Who knows.”

“You don't know?”

“Naver really cares. I’m just a make ’em.”

“You do realize–”

“Um, what exactly is this potion?”

Both of us suddenly remember there is another person in here as we quickly turn at Riveria.

“Ah, Riveria. What is it that you need?”

“I need to fix my staff so– wait, don't try to change the subject!”

“am I?” Lenoa outstretches her hand, asking for the staff. Riveria gives her staff to her. “ask him if you’re really curious.”

I glance at the witch that has the audacity to just throw her problem at me, “is it fine to tell this? I mean, isn't this technically a breach of your contract or something?”  

“Well, technically I never told you anything, you just reached your own conclusion which coincidentally is right. So, no,” she said with a shrug while examining the staff.

I sigh and turn to Riveria which still patiently waiting for the answer.

“So… What–?”

“It's a Truth serum,” I simply said, eyes darting back to the cauldron. And from the looks and how potent it is, back home, this thing can be classified as borderline illegal. Not to mention it was quite poisonous at this stage.

 “... T-truth serum?!”

“Yes,” my gaze back to her. “You do know what that is, right?”

“Of course, I have read them in a few medical texts.”

“Right, so I’m sure you know how dangerous this substance is.”

She gives me a nod and I turn back to the old witch, “Did you really don't know what’s happening in the East?”

“I don’t, ask Hermes if you’re really curious,” She said before looking toward Riveria, “It doesn't look like having too much damage in it, so you can take it after the festival.”

“Thank you Lenoa.”

“Just make sure you got the money, ‘kay.”

“And, you will get it when it's done.”

“Anything else?” receiving a no from her she turned toward me, “How ‘bout you Nox? Need anything else?”

“No,” I quickly said while shaking his head and stuffing the package into my bag. But then I remember. “... actually, how’s the auction? Are they still bidding for it?”

“Fu fu fu, it's still going up! Do you want me to close it?”

”No, let's keep it open for another week. Let's see if it still can go up.”

“Fine by me. Now, huss, go if none of you want to spend more of your money on my shop.”

With that, we were both kicked out of the shop, and when I realized it we were standing in front of the shop.

“Well that's nice of her,” I dryly comment.

“Yes, you can feel her kindness radiated from her,” you can feel the sarcasm in her voice even if she said it in the way someone says the sky is blue.

We both stare for a moment, the quiet moment was quickly broken by the sound of chuckles and giggles that came from both of us.

“That's certainly interesting,” I said after calming down.

“Yes, I agree,” she said with a few more giggles.

“Well then, I think this is where we part away.”

“Yes,” she said, finally composed, “Nox-san, are you perhaps going to Dungeon?”

“Hm, no, I’m going to Goibniu Familia.” 

“Goibniu Familia,” she parrots back.

“Yes, need to fix this,” I said while my hand tap the pommel of my sword.

“I see,” she softly said with her forefinger and thumb cupping her chin, “Nox-san, is it okay if I tag along?”

“I don’t see why not … sure. Do you perhaps have some personal business with them as well?”

“More of Familia business, but yes.”

“Right then, let's go.”

A/N:

… Gods this thing is taking so long to write, like, *glance at the calendar* a month?! Last month Irl was –quite– intense, so … well let's not dwell in the past, yeah.  

Anyway, season 4 is already out, maybe it's time for me to finish the previous season. Just need to find the time.

Hope you guys like this chapter, leave some comments/reviews. 

Discord: Schultz's server

discord. gg / x7K2rnVJ

Ko-fi: Schultz_von

ko-fi. com / schultz_von

9