Chapter 12 (!)
634 4 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We loaded Duke Lucera onto our wagon, which had the most space. I used [Exchange] and bought some soft blankets to make it more comfortable. It was a great deal since it was five blankets for one skill point. 

It was already quite late; Lilliana was dozing off whilst holding the perfume bottle in one hand and her father's hand in the other. I spent the time looking through my skills. I had learnt a new skill during the fight with the Orc General called [Spear Throw]. 

[Spear Throw] A skill that allows the user to throw their spear for ranged attacks. Accuracy is affected by the distance and the user vision of the target. 

I also gained over one hundred fifty skill points from killing Orcs and the Orc General, which was an excellent deal since it was pretty easy. 

I tried to look for something that Izor said was banned, such as a Nuclear Bomb, and no surprise it was. Additionally, rifles were forbidden; however, smaller firearms like semi-automatic pistols were allowed, surprising. But it cost a thousand to unlock, then a hundred to buy. The bullets, such as 9mm rounds, were two hundred to unlock and twenty to buy for a pack of two hundred rounds. 

At the moment, I don't have enough, but I might consider buying one in the near future. It could prove helpful, especially when people are using swords in this world. Magic might be a problem, though. 

Now that I thought about it. I don't have any resistance to magic. I have [Natural Defence] against physical attacks, but it might spell the end for me if I get hit by some magic. I guess I need to find a solution for that. 

A couple of hours later, the capital city could be seen in the distance. It was protected by a great big wall that looked mighty and strong even in the dark. We were still quite a distance away when we suddenly stopped, and a knight appeared and whispered something to Rolph. 

"Masato, as you can see, we're near the capital. However, some of the knights are concerned about Kumo," said Rolph.

"What's the problem?" 

"Well, as you know that a Demon Spider Queen can be considered a national threat. It would cause mass panic amongst the citizens." 

"Yeah, that's understandable, but what should I do?" 

"We can have her stay in the forest outside the walls. No one should find Kumo there, as long as she tries to stay hidden in the trees." 

"Hmm, Kumo, are you fine with that?" I asked Kumo, who replied by moving up and down. 

"I think she said yes, so let's do that." 

"Thank you for understanding, Masato." appreciated Rolph. 

We dropped Kumo at the entrance of a dark forest. I also placed a [Warp Point] so that I could maybe sneak back later. 

An hour later, we finally arrived at the capital. Though it was dark, the nightshift guards spotted us and opened the gates. We then proceeded towards the Lucera family's magnificent mansion. 

We were greeted by a rush of servents who carried Duke Lucera to his room. Lilliana went off with her crew of maids to get out of the old dress borrowed from the village. 

I was guided by a young woman wearing a victorian maid outfit to a large clean bedroom. 

"A bath will be prepared shortly. I will notify you as soon as it is done. Please change into these," the maid instructed before leaving. "If the size needs adjustment, there is a servant stationed outside."

I took off my current clothes and put on the clothes that were provided by the servants. Surprisingly the clothes were a perfect size; I guess the trained eyes of a maid is not to be underestimated. 

I decided that it was time to try teleporting to the forest where I left Kumo. I placed a [Warp Point] in my room so I could come back later. 

I had no idea how to activate the skill, so I tried several methods, including saying the skill name and destination aloud. But there was no success. The servant outside was a bit concerned with my shouting, so they had to come in and check on me. 

Finally, when I tried imagining the destination in my mind, the skill worked. I arrived at the exact place, in the forest where I had placed the [Warp Point].  

Kumo must have sensed my arrival and appeared from the trees. I took out some Forest bull meat for her to snack on if she got hungry during the night, and then I went back to my room. At the same time, there was a knock on the door.

"Excuse me, sir, the bath has been prepared." 

The bath was finally ready; I followed the maid to the bath, which was a wooden bathtub filled with water. I waited for the maid to leave. However, she tried to remove my clothes, and I panicked. 

"Wahh, what are you doing!" I yelled, whilst jumping backwards like a scared cat. 

"I'm sorry, sir, but you need to take off your clothes to get into the bath," she says with a puzzled expression. 

"I know, I can do that myself. Please leave me alone!" 

"I understand." 

I sighed in relief after preventing what could have been an embarrassing situation. I wonder if the big guys up there are laughing at me right now? 

I tried to forget about it by immersing myself in the warm, cramped bath. It was better than nothing, but I miss taking a bath, at home or a bathhouse. I know I'll try and open up my own bathhouse, then I can take a soak in it anytime I want! That was one of my future goals sorted out. 

I tried to take my time to enjoy the bath, but several maids attempted to come inside to check on me. Each time, I noticed them immediately and told them not to. However, it didn't work as they then tried to sneak into the room. 

Eventually, I was kind of fed up having constantly checking [Radar], so I got up and dressed then went to sleep back in my room. Just before I went to sleep, I asked Guardian to alert me if anyone attempts to sneak into the room whilst I was asleep. 

22