Chapter 64: Guild’s foundation
2k 7 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While still being tired from the night of ‘fun’ with Juniper, I head towards the living room where the lifeless Lance and Fudo together with the pouty Sara are already waiting for me.

“Alright, let’s start the meeting.”

I exclaim before receiving a spiteful remark from Sara:

“Oh really, so now you have time for all of us? Not just Juniper?”

She must have heard me and Juniper during the night… I should really stuff her mouth with something to suppress the moans… Juniper’s not helping either, she’s just innocently sitting there… *SIGH* I’ll deal with this later, let’s just start the meeting:

“Right… I wanted to discuss the current situation of our guild… Frankly, we’re broke. Does anybody have an idea to raise some quick funds? Lance?”

Lance suddenly springs back to life after hearing money being mentioned:

“Glad you finally asked Reo, the fastest and easiest method of gathering funds is begging our young miss here for some allowance…”

He then gestures toward Sara, who is still pouting.

Sara answers:

“Hmfph! I suppose I could provide some U-coins… But they won’t be free… R-Reo h-has to spend more time with me!”

This girl… Now Fudo and Lance are back to lifeless husks.

“Thanks for the offer Sara, but I didn’t want to rely on your background too much. I want this guild to be self-sufficient… Any other ideas Lance?... Lance!”

“Huh? Right, Gathering funds… Another way to make a lot of U-coins in a relatively short amount of time is field hunting, it does have some risks attached though…”

“Field hunting? Tell me more.”

“Jeez, as clueless as ever… Well, field hunting refers to hunting fiends out in the open after a dungeon break. After killing the fiends, we take their bodies back with us and sell them. They sell for a lot since this is the only way to harvest fiend-materials, normally, fiends and their corpses can’t be taken out of the dungeon.”

“But I thought that dungeon breaks didn’t occur on the Island of Japan?”

“Right, that would be disastrous, but the many islands surrounding Japan don’t have the same security, we can just take a ferry to one of them and start hunting.”

“I see… But how dangerous would this method of acquiring funds be? Could we encounter a boss-monster?”

“No, it should be okay as long as we don’t get too close to the tower itself. There’s also a very beginner-friendly field hunting spot I know of, the Amami island, it’s home to the dungeon break of a small goblin and wolf tower.”

“Hmmm… Alright, we’ll go field hunting on this Amami island, but first, we have to prepare… I’m willing to acquire a legendary cartridge for each of you, you just have to explain the magic you want and provide me some U-coins.”

Everyone looks shocked, even Sara. Well, of course they would. Legendary cartridges are usually family heirlooms, not things you just casually hand out to your friends. Better not tell them that the cartridges will actually be of the unique rarity…

Fudo finally breaks the silence:

“W-Would you really? The mana-cultivation cartridge was already more than enough for us.”

“Look Fudo, you guys are the first members of my guild, I want you all to become strong. Consider it an investment. You can pay me back later by working hard and pushing our guild to the number one spot.”

Fudo now looks like he’s about to break down in tears, but before he does, he catches me in a bear hug, which soon turns into one big group hug.

“Okay- okay guys, now that our money situation is sorted out, let’s move on to the next topic, the guild name…”

“Right… I almost forgot…” -Lance-

“T-This guild doesn’t have a name yet?... God, what did I sign up for.” -Sara-

“We should call it the ‘Reo and friends’ guild!” -Fudo-

“What about the ‘Reo and his girlfriend Juniper’ guild?" -Juniper-

“Hey! That doesn’t even include the rest of us!” -Fudo-

“Whoopsie~” -Juniper-

“Okay, enough guys! Let’s just each write a name for the guild on a piece of paper and then vote on them.” -Reo-

And so, after about 10 minutes of silence, I received all of the submitted names:

The Platinum Lion guild

Real original Sara…

 

The Reo and Friends guild

You were being serious Fudo?!

 

The one-eyed Bandits

You’re the only one with a single eye here Lance! And what’s with the bandit part?! *SIGH*

 

The Final Provenance guild

Finally a serious one from Juniper… Quite a clever one too, big guilds tend to establish safe havens in fiend-infested lands…

 

The Impure Eden guild

My example. It’s simple, yet, just like the one from Juniper, has a deeper meaning. It conjures images of someone striving toward perfection, meanwhile, Eden also refers to a safe haven…

 

What should the name of the guild be?
  • The Reo and Friends guild Votes: 4 5.8%
  • The platinum Lion guild Votes: 2 2.9%
  • The one-eyed bandits Votes: 2 2.9%
  • The Final Provenance guild Votes: 22 31.9%
  • The Impure Eden guild Votes: 39 56.5%
Total voters: 69
21