Chapter 2 – The Body
2.5k 4 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A hysterical Sharon burst into the emergency room of the third hospital, looking for Matthew.

Although she cheated on him, she still very much loved him, as they had been sweethearts since high school.

Matthew has always been good to her, and he was a kind, sweet and caring husband.

But Christopher, his boss, seduced her. He was rich, charismatic and influential, which was something Matthew was not. 

Now, all she could think about was finding Matthew and making it up to him. 

"I'm looking for Matthew Gardner..." she asked the nurse desperately

"No, we haven't received any Matthew Gardner tonight.. are you sure he was sent here?" the nurse asked in reply

"He... he...fell off the Berkley Apartments.." Christopher said, accompanying Sharon as his driver drove them there.

"Oh... he's the one who ju.... I mean, please wait for a moment" the nurse said as she rushed off to get a doctor.

A doctor returned with her moments later.

"May I ask, how are you related to the... person?" the doctor asked

"I'm his wife" Sharon replied, looking at the doctor with hope in her eyes.

"I see. I'm sorry ma'am. You husband is dead, The injuries he suffered were too severe. He died instantly" he said

"No... that can't be.." Sharon replied in shock. She expected this but still kept her hopes up that he somehow miraculously survived

She would have made it up to him. Begged for his forgiveness. Nurse him back to health and fix their marriage.

She had thought of all these silly thoughts on the way to the hospitals. But now reality brought her back crashing to the ground.

"How....no..." she mumbled as she fell to her knees.

Christopher helped her up, but she shrugged off his arm. 

"I will need you to identify the body ma'am. His body had no identification on him and he was only wearing underwear" the doctor said

Sharon nodded unsteadily as the doctor brought her and Christopher to the morgue

"I've seen her before. Isn't she on the news?" a nurse in the ER asked in a whisper

"I'm sure everyone has. They are the naked couple on the balcony? The husband probably caught them cheating on him and jumped" another nurse replied.

"No. I mean, I think she is a news caster on Channel 8" the first nurse said

"Now that you mention it. I think so. She's so shameless. She still pretends to care" another nurse whispered

Sharon could hear everything, but was too distraught to care.

As they were led to the morgue and brought to the refrigerator. 

The attendant next to them opened the morgue refrigerator door

Sharon stared as the door opened, expecting the worst.

They all gasped as the fridge was empty!

"Where is the body?" Sharon asked

"I... he was here a moment ago" the attendant replied in fear as the doctor stared at him harshly

The doctors and nurses scrambled to look for the body as Sharon finally fainted from the stressful ordeal

Christopher caught her and they were led to the waiting area.

But they could not find the body at all. It completely vanished

Sharon got up and walked out of the hospital.

Christopher ran after her and barely rescued her from being run down by a car just outside the hospital.

She had walked aimlessly to the middle of a busy intersection which was busy even so early in the morning,

--

The year 2238, a couple of centuries into the future, two futuristic people, one was a man, the other a woman were arguing in a lab over something. They wore shiny metallic clothes, with visors covering their eyes. 

Next to them were several metal tables with discarded bodies on them. They were all suicide victims, all abducted after their death to the future. The pair were now hovering over what looked like a mangled lump of flesh

"What the were you thinking? This body is barely a person anymore. The damage to his body is so severe..." the man said.

"Can't you see his electromagnetic aura is still attached to his body? Unlike the rest of these useless carcasses, his resentment upon death is so high. In the old days, before humans understood electromagnetic aura, he would have become a ghost or spirit. We can still salvage his body and soul, unlike these empty carcasses" the woman said, gesturing to several other operating tables with dead bodies on them nearby. 

"Why don't we try to graft his aura to another body? That female one over there is still fully intact" the man asked.

"You know those we've tried all became mad from not matching their auras to their body. I want to try something different" the woman replied. 

She took out a syringe filled with a flowing blue liquid and put it on the table next to Matthew's mangled body. 

An Endocrine Booster? You know his injuries are too severe. He'll turn to mush!" the man said. 

The Endocrine Boosters are products of modern 23td century science

The way it works is that it boosts all the functions in the endocrine system, which is a  network system of glands that produce all sorts of hormones for the body.

"Normally, you'll be right. But I have an idea I want to try" the woman said as she walked over to the other dead bodies. 

As the other bodies were considered waste, she went to the nearest two bodies that had committed suicide by blowing their brains out. 

One was an old man, while the other was a young woman. He rummaged through their open heads and cut out a small part of their brains. 

"What are you... is that their pituitary gland?" the man asked

"Yeah. I want to try something. If one isn't enough, let's add a few more!" she said looking at Matthew's body, trying to identify the body part suitable to transplant the glands in.

"What are you looking for?" the man asked

"I want to attach it to.... hmmm, why not. It's easily accessible without cutting into his body even more" the woman said as she casually slit Matthew's testicle sack and inserted the pituitary glands into them. 

With a futuristic instrument, she grafted the glands next to each testicle and looked satisfied with her work. 

"Now, let us begin!" she said gesturing to the man.

She took up the syringe again and pushed it through Matthew's shattered skull, injecting the Endocrine Booster into his pituitary gland in his brain, not even bothering to be careful about his damaged brain matter. 

Pulling out the empty syringe, she nodded to the man. 

The man pressed a button and electric jolts shocked Matthew's body. He pressed the button several times before Matthew's heart started pumping weakly. 

"I got a heartbeat, but it's too weak" the man said, seeing Matthew's ruined heart pump blood, but also sputtering blood everywhere. 

At the same time, all his glands went on hyperdrive, with his pituitary gland in his brain releasing growth hormones like crazy, starting to heal his body. At the same time, all his other glands were releasing hormones uncontrollably too. Even his testicles were producing testosterone and causing his ruined dick to shoot out cum uncontrollably. 

"No. See? It's speeding up. All his other glands are working too" the woman said. The monitors started showing that Matthew's heart started accelerating, pumping from 0 to 100 beats per minute, then continue climbing. 

It continued climbing until it hovered at just above 500 beats per minute, but the tears in his heart and his ruptured organs were shooting blood everywhere like a fountain.  

"His heart will explode soon. This is another failure" the man said. 

"Now, for my idea" the woman said, taking out two more syringes and injecting them into both pituitary glands in Matthew's testicles. 

Pulling out the empty syringes, both of them stood back and observed. 

"Lets wait and see. The endocrine booster on the 3 pituitary glands should kickstart the healing process at triple the normal rate soon. Otherwise, nothing we do will help" the woman said

Matthew's heartbeat continued climbing wildly, passing 1000 beats per minute, but his body started healing at a rate that stopped his body from bleeding. 

His exposed organs like his brain that was bleeding out had also stopped bleeding before their eyes. 

"You did it! He's stabilizing" the man said, seeing Matthew heal at a rapid rate. Although his body was so mangled, at the rate he is healing, he should fully recover in days!

"I knew it would work. With 3 pituitary glands, his body should be producing healing hormones and growth hormones at an unprecedented level" she smiled, proud at her achievement. 

"But why are you spending so much time on this person? Is he famous or something?" the man asked. 

"You know the criteria of our selection. We needed suicide victims who have not yet been embalmed and autopsied, where the organs are removed. We barely got to this one in time. Even so, we won't know until we get them here if their electromagnetic aura is still with the body.

We also had to make sure that the body isn't wanted for burial by the family, so we won't change the timeline.

Since that is our criteria, there aren't many around. We don't even know which one would be successful, so we should salvage any that we can that will survive" she answered. 

"So this one had no family?" the man asked further

"No. This one committed suicide when his wife cheated on him. I assumed she didn't care about him anymore and he would have been cremated anonymously anyway" the woman said

They lowered his body into a vat of liquid to start work on the next body. 

49