Chapter 3 – Awakening
2.2k 2 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Matthew opened his eyes, confused at where he was.

He looked around him, and found himself lying naked in a white padded room.

He was lying on a bed that seemed to be hovering off the floor, and there was a large mirror mounted on the wall.

There was a pile of clothes nearby on what he thinks is a closet, but he wasn't sure since it was also hovering in the air.

He moved, but groaned as his whole body was aching and incredibly sore all over.

As he sat up, suddenly he felt as if something switched on in his brain and his balls and endorphins flushed through his body, numbing the pain.

In fact, he started feeling great.

"Good. You're finally awake!" a voice came over the speaker

He looked around, confused at where the voice came from, but he instinctively knew he was being watched from behind the mirror on the wall and stood up to face it.

"Where am I? Who... am I?" he asked, staring at the mirror, directly staring at the woman behind it.

"The question is not where, but when. You have been brought to the future to the year 2238!

As to who you are, it does not matter anymore. You are now designated the number 979.

In your previous life, you have already died, so your life is ours to do as we wish" the voice said

"Why.. was I brought here then?" he asked, shocked at their statement. 

"We... we brought you here to fight a war for us, against an aggressive alien race. Our humans of this generation have been raised on the ultrawebs. The aliens have infiltrated the ultraweb and we are now helpless against them. We were slaughtered. " she said

"What are ultrawebs?" 979 asked

"I believe in your time there was the internet. In this time, its the information network of our time, trillions upon trillions of times more vast than your internet.

It encompasses all our experiences, dreams and reality. With it, our people could fight wars using only our minds creating machines out of thin air.

With it, we conquered galaxies and became the rulers of our part of the cosmos. 

But then the alien race we call the Ravagers appeared from a distant black hole. 

They infiltrated our ultraweb, killing billions of our people that were connected to it, and pushed us back, leaving only a few survivors on several outposts left. 

The human race... is dying. We are unable to fight back without the ultraweb" she said

"And you got me here to be cannon fodder? I'm number 979, so there must be 978 of us here at least, right?" 979 asked

"We have to fight in the old ways, using mech robots. We cannot control them without our ultraweb connection. But you... 21st century primitives can seemingly adapt manually.

Perhaps this adaptability is something we lost over the centuries" she said

"So.. now what do I do?" 979 asked

"Get dressed. You will join the others for training. You were wrong. There were over 1200 of you. But the earlier 700 have already been killed in battle" she said

Matthew, or 979 walked to his clothes and picked them up.

He started putting them on, but found that his crotch was a bit tight.

When he put on his pants, he realized that his penis was quite large, at least 9 inches long. Although he knew this was his body, having such a large penis felt alien to him.

Suddenly, he had a flashback of a man with a large dick, having sex with a gorgeous brunette in a shower. She was calling him her husband. Perhaps he was that husband? 

But that person's face looked different from the person he viewed in the mirror just a while ago.  

He shook his head. Since he can't remember the past, and was a dead person anyway, he would just concentrate on the present. If he was going to fight in a war, he better get his head straight. 

The following weeks passed quickly. 

The leaders of this small base were a man and a woman, dressed in shiny clothes and wore visors. They were both bald with scars on their heads. The man's name was Dekken while the woman was named Miranda. 

While everyone else were designated numbers, everyone else had to call them the Watchers. 

The Watchers were the only humans 979 has seen from this timeline. Maybe there weren't anyone else left alive? 

Were they the only survivors, left in this outpost, like Miranda said?

But 979 could not think too long about such things. 

The Watchers would give them their training lessons, before disappearing somewhere, only to reappear with dead bodies to reanimate every few days. 

But 979 didn't think too much of it. He was too busy training with his mech robot, the Romulus 13. 

His mech was a heavy duty combat type. The mechs were separated into 3 types. 

The combat type, which is was, were heavily shielded with carbonium alloy, and armed with powerful rocket launchers and heavy melee weapons. 

Then there were the speed types, which were much faster, using light plasma blade weapons and laser cannons.

The last type were the blast mechs. These were heavily reliant on their powerful gauss cannons and relied on their forcefields for protection. 

Like the Watchers said, they adapted to their mech robots pretty easily. 979 thought it felt instinctive like riding a bike, or driving a car. After a few tries he got the hang of it pretty fast. 

He was pretty good in his mech, but a few of his fellow designated members died from accidents in their mechs. 

Besides that, there were a few that went crazy and the Watchers had to bring them away. They were never seen again. 

979 was of course concerned about this. But he kept it to himself, worried that he might be the next one that was brought away. 

During the off time, 979 hung out with the other designated numbers. 

There were about 400 of them altogether in the base. 

They consisted of both males and females, and they did everything together. 

They trained together, stayed in dorm rooms together, showered together and ate together in the canteen. 

979 grew particularly close with a pretty blonde designated 950 with large breasts. 

Somehow she gave him flashbacks of a familiar brunette who he remembers fucking in a shower, as they had very similar shaped bodies. 

He was bothered that this brunette kept appearing in his mind. But put it aside since he was already hundreds of years in the future. She was dead already by now anyway. 

A few nights later, 979 was spending some personal time with 950, and they started kissing and touching.

Suddenly, the alarm blared loudly.

"Alert! The barriers have been breached! Prepare for battle!" Dekken's voice spoke on the intercom.

979 got up and looked at 950. They kissed again before they started running to prepare for battle.

Finally, after weeks of training, they were going to battle!

35