Chapter 33 – Reuniting with Heracles
638 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Matt lay on his boat, barely big enough to hold 3 people, which was given to him by Circe. 

The wind blew in it's sails so he had his hands behind his head and his feet on the bow of the ship as he let the wind take him wherever he might go. 

He didn't know where the Island of Aeaea was in relation to Greece anyway, and would be happy to just make land anywhere. 

Suddenly, the boat started rocking. 

At first, it was merely uncomfortable, but then he started realizing that the waves were getting more and more choppy!

There suddenly was a loud roar of a large creature, and the screams of a woman!

He sat up and saw that not far away, there was a gigantic black colored sea monster, moving around swiftly and fighting someone on another boat, who was shooting arrows at it. 

The monster looked like a demonic fish, at least 30 feet in length and had spikes up it's spines and gigantic teeth!

Nearby was a woman, tied to a rock as the monster's tail barely missed her!

He squinted in the sun and realized that the man shooting arrows at the monster was Heracles!

Matt changed the course of his boat, aiming it directly at the sea monster to help his friend. 

He used his telekinesis to give his boat a push, making it move faster than any boat could. 

As the boat shot at the monster, he aimed both his hands at it, using both hands to aim as he shot telekinetic bullets at the monster, one in each of it's eye!

The monster screamed, having it's eyes pierced by invisible projectiles and trashed about. 

"Well done friend Matt!" Heracles said as he shot the 5th arrow at the monster before taking out his club. 

Matt jumped onto the monster as his boat smashed into it, turning into splinters as Matt withdrew his Gada from his pocket dimension. 

Heracles jumped into the air with his Olive wood club and together with Matt, they both smashed the skull of the monster with their weapons. 

They both jumped off the monster and into Heracles' boat as Gada dropped to the boat with Matt unable to lift it after damaging all the bones in his hand again. 

"This is not the most efficient way of fighting, friend" Heracles said, looking at Matt's arms hanging loosely from his shoulders

He knew Matt will be able to heal himself, but for the meantime, he was helpless. 

"I know Heracles. But I wanted to finish this as fast as possible, so I used all of my strength" Matt said

Heracles smiled a wry smile and subconsciously rubbed his jaw, remembering how Matt knocked him out and nearly broke his jaw. 

They rescued the woman, who was the Princess of Troy named Hesione. 

But because Matt was injured, Heracles rowed the boat to the shore by himself, with Matt and Hesione as his passengers. 

--

"What? You oath breaker! No wonder Apollo and Poseidon cursed you!" Heracles yelled when the Ruler of Troy, King Laomedon refused to pay Heracles what he promised for slaying the monster and rescuing his daughter. 

He had promised him the Golden Vine and divine horses which was gifted to Troy for Zeus stealing away Ganymede. In fact, the sea monster was the curse Poseidon had placed on Troy for King Laomedon not paying him for building Troy's impenetrable city walls!

Not only that, Apollo had cursed Troy with a plague and pestilence, while Poseidon had sent a tsunami to wipe out the lands around the city before sending the monster, which was called the Trojan Cletus!

Now, King Laomedon had not learned his lesson for breaking oaths and instead was smug about it!

"I have survived the vengeance of Poseidon and Apollo! What do I have to fear from you, a mere mortal?" King Laomedon laughed

Heracles was about to attack when several hundred soldiers walked in and surrounded Heracles and Matt, pointing their hundreds of spears at them. 

While no doubt both thought they would survive this and win, they both knew they would be severely injured in the process. Heracles kept his calm as both of them were escorted out of the city, swearing his revenge!

Both men were forced to retreat, going back by boat for Heracles to raise an army. Matt knew what was going to happen next, but he kept his council and simply supported his friend quietly. 

On the boat journey home, Heracles calmed down a little and started chatting again. 

They both exchanged stories about what they have been up to since they parted. 

Heracles had finished his twelve labors, and had been sold as a slave to the Queen of Lydia Omphane, a punishment for killing Iphitus, in another bout of madness caused by Hera! During that time, he had dressed in her clothes while she was naked dressed in the skin of the Namean Lion and carrying his club!

Matt wondered how after these bouts of madness, Heracles always asked for a way of atoning at oracles, who always gave him ridiculous tasks.

Most times, it was really Hera that gave him the madness, and then she was the one giving the punishments through the oracles, humiliating him and trying to kill him!

While Matt had no idea where he was on the map of Greece, Heracles knew exactly where they were and where to go. 

They headed to Mount Pelion, in the north of Greece where they entered what looked like a training ground. 

All around were young warriors being trained by a centaur!

Matt was completely stunned as seeing Chiron. He was a centaur, but not a normal one, as his parentage is that of a Titan and was instead the step-brother of sorts to Zeus!

As such, he looked different from normal centaurs. Instead of horse legs, he had the legs of a human. But like centaurs, there was no clothes he could wear for his bottom half. Instead he paced a colorful cloth on his back. But even so, his human penis could be seen hanging in front of his back legs!

To Matt, this looked a bit comical. He had the stature of a centaur, but not the penis size, having a penis as small as the ones you see in ancient Greek statues!

"This is my old mentor Chiron!" Heracles said, as they walked up to the centaur. 

"Greetings, wise Chiron. My name is Matt" Matt said as they clasped arms. 

"Oh? You are the Immortal Wanderer! I've heard about you the last time Dionysus visited!" he said

"Dionysus was your student too?" Matt asked

"Yes... many Gods send their mortal sons to me, and many Kings after that too" Chiron said proudly. 

"That is... impressive" Matt said

"Matt is quite a warrior too. His movements are... interesting" Heracles said

"Really? That's interesting" Chiron said with a smile, knowing what Heracles was up to. 

"I know what you are up to. Go ahead and talk in private. I will spar with a few of the trainees" Matt said, eager to test his mettle 

Heracles laughed as Chiron brought him into his dwelling, which was an open air house which overlooked the large training grounds. 

The trainees overheard the conversation and looked at Matt eagerly. 

--

About an hour later, Chiron came out with Heracles after Heracles had informed him of his desire to form a small army to sack Troy!

Matt was sweaty and surrounded by three young heroes. Several others lay at the side, defeated from their spar. 

"Alright, that's enough. You will need to save your strength!" Chiron said

"What is going on?" one of the trainees asked. 

"Heracles here wants to attack Troy. He will need a small army of elite warriors to accompany him and is looking for volunteers" Chiron said

The trainees looked at each other and started raising their hands. 

"I am Telamon, Prince of Augena. I will join" the first hand raised said

"I am Jason, rightful prince of Iolcos. I will join" another said. Matt realized that he was the future leader of the Argonauts. 

"I am Theseus, son of Poseidon. I will join" another said

"Another son of Poseidon! But Theseus was not a giant or cyclops, but human sized. Maybe he can be trusted. Furthermore, Theseus will become a renowned hero" Matt thought

In moments like this, Matt always flooded his brain with dopamine to remember who these people are in legendary history, so as not to miss out on legendary moments and connections!

One by one, legendary names signed up to join Heracles. There was also Peleus, future father of Achilles. Then there were Oileus, Nestor and Meleager, who joined Jason to become among the future Argonauts!

All in all, they were enough to fill six warships. With a month to prepare, they got ready their provisions and amped up their training for war!

Matt helped Chiron become of the instructors during this period, and his attributes of war and destruction were evident, together with his future training of martial arts, as well as his training with the Valkyries and the many war gods he trained with, he impressed them with his prowess. 

Finally, the preparation was ready after the month of preparation. 

With that, they bade farewell to Chiron as their ships departed.

21