Chapter 35 – Retracing His Steps
694 2 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Matt teleported into the underworld, stopping in Hel.

She was surprised and happy to see him and they spent some time together, enjoying each other's company and of course having sex.

Although the Bifrost was shattered, there was one other way to travel between the nine realms. Through Hel!

Normally. nobody leaves once they were dead. Of course Hel was an exception. And so was Matt!

Matt requested that they go to Asgard to check out the devastation.

Hel agreed as Matt said he wanted to go with her.

She held Matt's hand as they teleported together, arriving at the large pavilion right outside Odin's throne room.

All around them were the evidence of Ragnarok with the enormous dead body of Jormungandr lying across several destroyed buildings.

He was so large, even his face could barely be seen at a glance, and his body was so long, only his head could barely be seen.

In fact, the whole land of Asgard seemed to be tilted somehow, as if the land had shifted, and both he and Hel had to walk as if they were walking on a slope. 

All around them were the bodies of the dead Asgardians, as well as the dead armies of Jotunheim, Niflheim, Muspelheim and Hel. 

There were dead Gods, giants, ice giants, fire demons and even undead, all having been savagely ripped apart by each other. 

It was clear that the Asgardians were outnumbered and overpowered, no matter how powerful they were. 

The Asgardians comprised of the Aesir and Vanir, both large people with the women at 6 feet and the men well over 7 feet. 

While the Aesir, led by Odin preferred physical combat, the Vanir, led by Freya preferred magic, and that can be seen by the clothes that they wore and the weapons they carried. 

Unlike the giants and demons that were rotting, the Asgardians being gods still had their decay-less bodies lying around even when they were dismembered and torn apart! 

"Did... you participate?" Matt asked

"Yes... It was my father I was fighting for. Are you... mad at me?" Hel asked

"Mad? No. It's just sad that such a civilization is gone just like that" Matt said, finding a charred corpse lying around. 

"That...that's Odin!" Hel said

"I know" Matt replied as he started piling up the bodies in a large pile based on their races. 

Hel waived her hand and the undead rose again and helped out as Matt piled up the Asgardians, while the dead giants and demons rose up to walk to their own pile. 

Even this task took over two weeks, as Matt finished with the Asgardians over two days and helped out with the other races. 

Hel did not expect that, expecting Matt to only do so with the Asgardian bodies.

She was so touched that she physically helped out as well. 

Finally, with the separate piles, Matt lit a fire to cremate the corpses.

He also started several fires on Jormungandr, the World Serpent. But his body seemed to be too large, and the fires seemed to burn out after a while. 

Maybe it was best to let him rot naturally. 

Matt gathered up all the weapons, even managing to find Odin's spear Gungnir and Tyr's sword Tyrfing near their bodies, which he kept in his storage dimension with Gada. Hel warned Matt that Tyrfing was cursed so that it will take a life whenever it is drawn.

Matt nodded, noting that he should take these curses seriously.

He also found Loki and Heimdallr's dead carcasses, with their weapons plunged into each other's body. Heimdallr's sword was called Hofuo, while Loki had used his ancestral blade called Laevateinn.

As they both extracted the bodies for cremation, Hel placed Loki's body on the pile of Jutunheim giants, rather than Asgard.

Laevateinn was Loki's ancestral sword from hie Jotunn heritage, so Hel kept it. But Matt kept Hofuo, Heimdallr's sword.

As he tried to burn Jormundgandr's body, he also found the remnants of Mjolnir, Thor's hammer. The head was broken, leaving only the handle with a small remnant of the head, making it more of a club than a hammer. 

He also kept the broken parts of Mjolnir that he could find, hoping that it can be reforged.

"Are you sure Thor is not dead?" Matt asked, as he didn't see any body that resembled Thor. 

"I am sure. He is one of the first souls I looked for. During the battle, I watched Jormungandr fight him and even swallow him. But I saw him burst out of Jormungandr's mouth. He discarded Mjolnir when it broke and ran to Odin's armory and fought on with other weapons" Hel said,

"Then what happened?" Matt asked

"I don't know. I remembered seeing Thor brandish Baldr's sword of light and holding a cauldron or something heavy to hammer Jormungandr's head.

By then most of the armies were dead. I was engaged in magical battle against Freya when I saw Jormungandr's body crash to the ground. 

His body was so massive and heavy, the ground shook. His body smashed into the Bifrost, shattering it!

Freya fell as she was on the bridge and I believe Thor may have fallen off into the void as well, as he fell unconscious after killing Jormungandr. 

One of the Valkyries you know, Brynhildr flew on her flying horse to catch Thor, but her steed was struck by the broken bits of the rainbow bridge and she too fell off. 

That is why Thor, Brynhildr, Freya, Fenris and several others are missing and perhaps dead in another realm. You would perhaps have to search the nine realms for them... or their bodies" Hel said.  

Matt sighed

"Do you... want to make love here?" Hel suddenly asked

"Here? In front of... everyone?" Matt asked, surprised. 

"Yes... I want to show my father that I found you. I want to show the Asgardians that even I, the Goddess of Death, have found some one to love, and to love me in return. We are alive and therefore the victors. I want to have sex to rub it in their faces for what they did to my family" Hel said

He was skeptical, but happily obliged. 

It didn't matter to Matt, of course. Besides Brynhildr and the Valkyries, Thor, Baldr and Tyr, he hardly knew anyone else. 

Besides Hel, her father Loki was good to him as well, although he did rape him when Matt was a female!

He had also gotten a great big haul of magical weapons, so he was quite happy with himself. 

As for both of them stripping naked and fucking while the large funeral fires burned, Matt was also elated that he now had Asgard all to himself, as it was isolated without the Rainbow Bridge Bifrost, and one has to pass through Hel to get here, while he can teleport directly. 

He would use this as his base. Some of the buildings like Odin's grand hall was still undamaged, as well as the living quarters. 

After finishing, making sure it was a loud and sloppy sex session, they left Asgard with the funeral pyres still burning and returned to Hel. 

From there, he requested that Hel showed him the way to Veles' realm in the Underworld. 

She was surprised, but agreed as she walked him up to the portal to Veles' realm. 

"I will say farewell for now. I will return in due time, so lets just say goodbye for now" Matt smiled as they kissed and hugged, before slowly parting. 

Hel didn't want to enter Veles' realm. Something about him, made her feel that he was an inferior copy of her father, and she didn't like him very much because of that. 

Matt entered the realm and walked around aimlessly, hoping to grab Veles' attention. Sure enough, it wasn't long before he showed up. 

"Welcome to my realm. This is an unexpected visit" Veles said

"Yes.. I want to ask you what happened after you pulled me here? Especially what happened to Perun and.. Xuannu?" Matt asked

"Oh? I guess that girl is your mate? Well, as you know, I was dead too. So I don't know what happened immediately afterwards. However, there seemed to have been a battle between Perun and Xuannu" Veles said

"Battle? About what?" Matt asked

"I really do not know. But if I was to guess, Perun probably tried to mate with her" Veles said

Matt frowned. His first reaction was not to trust Veles. After all, he was a god of evil in this pantheon, and probably is trying to create drama between him and Perun. On the other hand, all these male Gods seem to be sex crazy and he really wouldn't put it past Perun to try to seduce Xuannu. Besides, he has always had a decent relationship with trickster Gods. Not only Loki, but Hermes was a trickster God as well. 

"So... how do I get to see Perun? Surely you must know?" Matt asked

"Oh, that's simple. We just have to climb the World Oak! I am just heading there and that arrogant bastard will surely be there to try and put me in my place on the ground again" Veles said, as it it was a regular sport for him. 

"In that case, I'll follow along" Matt said

Veles led Matt out of the Underworld, and through the Earthly realms where he was influential. 

Surprisingly, Veles' was worshipped by the people everywhere he went through towns. He was also the God of Wealth, Magic, Harvest and Magic and the Earth, besides Trickery. 

In fact, Veles seemed more down to earth and closer to the common man than Perun!

Matt wondered whether Veles was underappreciated as he seemed to do more for man than the other Gods of the Pantheon. 

They walked up a mountain, and there he saw statues to worship Perun, and other Gods that Veles identified to Matt as Svarog the Fire God, Belobog the God of Light, Lada the Goddess of Love, and Zorya the Goddess of Dusk and Dawn. 

Matt noted that the other Gods were allowed to be worshipped up the mountain, but Veles was only allowed to be worshipped in the towns, especially the marketplaces. 

It seems Perun really seems to want to keep Veles below him on the earth while he ruled the skies. 

In a way, Veles was eternally maligned for just being who he was, the way Loki was in Asgard, and Matt felt sympathy for him.

As they reached the top of the mountain, Matt saw a gigantic Oak Tree that stretched out to the heavens, and the top was so high it went beyond how far the eye can see. 

This Oak Tree was their version of the Norse Yggdrasil or World Tree. 

"Climb on. I'll get us up faster" Veles said as he turned into a gigantic snake and with Matt on his head, he climbed up the Oak Tree. 

 

23