Ch 12. Sea Lovers
92 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once the four of us were finally reunited, Kasumi grabbed Sotoka's hand and started running towards the sea water. They looked like childs about to enter a candy store, in fact, that might be true, but instead of a candy store, it was the sea they were about to get into.

Clair and I followed them from behind, walking. Maybe we looked like the parents watching out for their children? In any case, right when Kasumi was about to touch the sea water with one of her toes, we heard a voice from behind.

“Oi! Where are you going? Come here.”

Kasumi’s face turned into one of total disgust, just as if the candy store closed right when she was about to go in and expend all her allowance. On the other hand, the three of us were surprised by the sudden voice.

“Uh...?”

“Sapphire...?”

“What's wrong, Saph?”

We all looked at her clueless, specifically Sotoka and I, who had no idea what was going on. On the other hand, Kasumi's and Clair's gaze were more of a surprise because Sapphire was suddenly behaving as a rightful teacher.

“Where do you think you are going, girls? Did you forget why we came here in the first place?”

“Didn't we come here to play, Saph?”

Sapphire’s face turned pale and her expression was the one of a person who had just heard the unthinkable. First, weren't we supposed to do some club activities or something like that? Second, was the fact that Sotoka was calling her “Saph” as if it was the natural thing to do.

Saph walked towards Sotoka with a really serious expression and grabbed her shoulder.

“Oi, girl. Did you say something?”

“Uh…? I have just said that…”

“She said nothing, Miss Sapphire! Haha~”

I was forced to interfere in favor of Sotoka and interrupt whatever she was about to say. There was no way for her to say something that wouldn bring the world to an early end.

Sapphire relaxed a bit. She let go of Sotoka's shoulder and then she continued talking with the same carefree smile she had when we first met her.

“As the new members should already guess, our club is related to the sea. But what do we exactly do? Kasumi, please tell them.”

Kasumi stood in the most straight way I’ve ever seen. Her feet were together, her hands on the side of her legs and her gaze was directed right to the front, even if she had nothing right in front of her. She looked like a soldier, and just as a soldier would do when he is asked something, she started answering Sapphire’s question.

“We appreciate, learn and protect all forms of sea life!”

“And how do we do that, Clair?”

Just as Kasumi did, Clair also stood like a soldier who was answering the questions of some high rank commander: She answered loud and clear.

“In the most fun possible way!”

“That's right, girls! Now, let's give the best of our welcomes to Sotoka and Eriko, the new members of the <<Kaiou’s Sea Fanclub>>!”

Kasumi’s, Clair’s and Sotoka’s eyes shone as Sapphire said those words in the most prideful and gallanctful possible way. But for me, when I heard Sapphire's words, I could feel something breaking inside me

It was the hope of being surrounded by normal people.

7