Act 2, Chapter 16: I was a businesswoman, doing business
83 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So, about the matter I was talking about…”

Shihime folded her arms in thought as she sat down on the bed in Shun and Rya’s room. By her side, Zhu’er was quietly preparing something that was contained in a box.

“...I was thinking about selling a new kind of toy that I had designed and created some time ago. And I hope to enlist the help of you two in this business venture.” 

There was a moment of awkward silence as he exchanged surprised glances with an equally astonished Rya. “Selling toys, you say?” 

She gave a serious nod. “I believe there is ample demand for such a toy, judging from the response of my beta testers. Well, are you interested in seeing the prototype?” 

Zhu’er came forward with the box and opened its lid with certain zealousness. “Behold the Tayu Oiran’s latest brainchild, the Dương!”

Shihime nodded in approval at her servant as Shun leaned forward to get a closer look at the mysterious yet oddly-familiar object nestled within. 

“What…” Rya murmured, a confused expression on her face. 

“Please don’t be shy, go ahead and feel free to share your thoughts on my product,” Shihime said, looking at them expectantly. 

“Thoughts, huh…in my honest opinion—” He picked up the cucumber-shaped phallic object “—this is 100% a d*ldo, isn’t it?!” 

“I do not know what you mean by that, but from your reaction I assume you are somewhat knowledgeable about its purpose?” she said without batting an eyelid. “If so, that saves me time for a lengthy explanation.” 

“Shun, what’s a dildo?” Rya asked in a hushed whisper. 

He hesitated. “Uh…”

“It’s a pleasure toy,” Shihime answered nonchalantly. “My target audience is girls aged 18 and above, though I suppose men can use it too.” 

“You really don’t hold back, do you?” Shun muttered, while Rya blinked and made a ‘o-oh-i-see’ sound. 

She made a coughing noise to clear her throat. “Anyways, continuing on to our next topic, I would like you two to be my exclusive distributors of the Dương.”

He raised an eyebrow. “Exclusive distributors, you say…”

“I have already managed to secure a market booth in Central, so the preparations are underway. All you have to do is sell my product to the public.” She paused and smiled. “As a bonus, you two will be entitled to half of the revenue. Those shall be your extra allowance for the week.” 

“I see, so that is what you mean by ‘distributors’,” Rya said slowly. “But considering we are selling something like…this, won’t we get into trouble?” 

“Trouble? Oh, if there are any idiots out there who want to give trouble to me, I would really like to meet them in person~” she replied offhandedly. “Anyways, it’s about time that I have to leave now to meet my client. We can discuss this further tomorrow after your training.” 

“Training?” he mumbled before gasping. “Oh, wait, I totally forgot about that!”

“Do rest well tonight, you two.” Shihime smiled. “After all, this will probably be your last restful night in Shangri-La.” 

They saw her and Zhu’er off at the entrance of the inn before returning back to their room. 

“Last restful night, huh…” Rya plopped onto the bed and lay back, stretching her arms while yawning. “I wonder what Shihime has in store for us tomorrow.” 

“She said she knew someone who is very knowledgeable in magic, didn’t she?” he said, lying down beside her. “Is there really someone like that in Shangri-La?” 

“I’m excited, yet kind of scared to meet this person…” She turned to her side and snuggled close to him. “Good night, Shun.”

“Good night, Rya,” he said, though he wasn’t sure that she had heard him before falling into her slumber.

 

Happy new year! Though I guess I'm late to the party...

2