577. Medea
1.1k 3 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After more than ten minutes, Sakura finally stopped crying, and Tohsaka looked at Edward, "What should we do about the other worms?"

"Don't worry. I've already placed a curse on them; they should be dead by now," Edward replied casually.

"That's good. In that case, let's return home."

Edward teleported the group back home, and as soon as they saw the state of Tohsaka's mansion, they knew something had happened.

"What's going on?' asked Tohsaka.

"He…was right," said Shirou. "Someone tried to release Shinji."

"Was it another Servant?"

Shirou nodded. Edward looked at the destruction around him, and he was slightly surprised. He expected Rider to take action but did not expect she would act so swiftly. He thought she would take at least one day before acting.

His original intention for preventing Shirou from accompanying them was not due to his disdain for him; he did not want his morality to influence Sakura and Tohsaka, preventing them from killing the garbage of a human called Zouken.

"Can you fix this?" asked Tohsaka, and Edward looked at her, his lips twitching. "Please," she added.

"Hey, Shirou, you've learned basic repair magic. Come practice."

"Why should I?"

"This is partly the mess you've made, so shouldn't you fix it?" rebutted Edward.

"You have a point." Then, Shirou began to use the basic knowledge he had acquired to fix the damage from the previous battle.

Tohsaka was speechless at this exchange, but the unconscious Shinji soon diverted her attention. "Now, what to do with you?" Her eyes did not hide the desire for bloodlust.

"Please…don't kill him."

"Are you serious?" Tohsaka looked at his lost sister. "After what he's done?"

"He was not always like that," replied Sakura. "He used to be a sweet and kind brother."

"This does not change what's become and done."

"Please, for my sake, don't kill him."

Tohsaka looked her in the eyes, and uncontrollably, her eyes softened, and the rage overwhelming her mind due to the guilt rapidly dissipated. "Fine, but from now on, he will live his life as less than a man, and the Matou bloodline will end with him."

"Tohsaka, isn't that a little too much?"

"Mind your own business," snapped Tohsaka while glaring at Shirou. Then, a few seconds later, Shinji's wailing scream made every man in the room instinctively tremble and clutch their legs. Tohsaka punched him to knock him out and stop his screaming.

Edward gave this girl a thump as he did not expect she would be so ruthless and decisive.

"We should get a move on," said Edward.

"What's your plan?" Tohsaka was calm enough to listen and plan out their next move.

"Caster is still sucking the life energy from the children in school while creating a bounded field in the Ryuudou Temple. She will be much harder to deal with once she succeeds."

"You have a point. I remember you said Rider was now their ally?" asked Tohsaka.

"That's right."

"Then, our best move is to force Shinji to forfeit his identity as a Master."

"I was going to suggest this," nodded Edward, and Tohsaka walked to the still-unconscious Shinji. She suddenly stopped, "Where's his Command Seals?"

"What are you talking about?" asked Edward, who walked beside her. "You're right, it's gone."

"Shirou, did something happen when you were protecting him?"

"Hmm, no. Saber held up their Servant while I closely watched him."

"Caster must have done something while you were distracted; you're lucky she did not kill you for whatever reason," added Edward.

"This doesn't make sense. Shinji had to be conscious to hand over his seals, and Shirou would have noticed if he had. So, how did she get it? Some kind of spell?"

"Probably since she's a very talented magician," replied Edward. "If we can defeat her, I might be able to use a similar spell to get the position of Caster."

"You're not the Caster?" asked Sakura, and Edward gave her a look that said wasn't it obvious.

"Well, you're the Arcane Emperor and used many spells, so I figured you would be the Caster as the servant."

"I'm too powerful, so the Grail had to nerf me."

"That makes sense."

"Don't listen to his narcissistic talk," chimed Tohsaka before looking at Shirou, "Are you coming with us?"

"Of course. I wouldn't want anything to happen to you."

She looked at Edward and asked, "Do you have any problem with this?"

"No, but Sakura has to stay home."

"Why? I can help."

"Although you're gifted, you lack battle experience. So, it's best to stay here. I will leave a barrier in this mansion that will protect you."

"But–"

"I agree with him," said Tohsaka. "And that's final. Let's move before it's too late."

With Edward's help, they instantly reached the stairs leading to the Ryuudou Temple. Everyone, except for Shirou, could see the massive amount of magical energy surrounding this temple.

"We were almost too late," commented Tohsaka. Bounded Fields are like pseudo-domains. In comparison, they are like the Arcane/Magic Towers from Edward's world. An Arcanist will have an absolute advantage in their towers when doing anything, and it's the same for the bounded field in this world.

Swish!

Someone with a magic robe covering their robes appeared before them. She seemed to pause after seeing Edward before focusing on the group.

"I did not expect you to come so swiftly," said Caster.

"Do you know me?" asked Edward, who noticed the pause.

"What an odd question."

"I already know you're Medea, the Princess of Colchis. So, you can answer my question if that's what you're worried about."

Medea paused before removing the hoody, showing her light blue hair and pointed ears, "It's nice to see you again, Your Majesty."

"So, you do know me."

"You don't remember?"

"Sadly, no," replied Edward. "You should have been one of the magicians I invited."

"Yes, and with your theory on Anti-Magic, I was able to elevate my Rule Breaker to a higher level."

Every time Edward heard about his background or legend, he wanted to curse Akasha. "I don't mean to be rude or insulting, but was our relationship strictly professional?" Knowing himself and Akasha's means, he had to ask this question.

Medea's face turned red, "We kissed once, but you said that I was not in the best emotional state to enter any relationship after what happened with Jason."

At this point, rolling his eyes and cursing were not enough to indicate how he felt about this situation. "Well, I apologize for not being able to reminisce about the past."

"That's fine. After all, we are currently enemies," replied Medea. "And I won't show any mercy to my enemy."

"The feeling is mutual."

"In that case, let's see who the last man standing is." She disappeared from the temple's entrance.

"What are you looking at?" asked Edward after he saw everyone intently glancing at him.

"I'm not judging, just surprised," said Shirou.

"I am," added Saber; she did not like this kind of unfaithful man.

"I knew there were rumors you were a womanizer, but it's different seeing it personally," commented Tohsaka.

"No is perfect, and that rule also applies to me," shrugged Edward. "Let's move on." The group tried to enter the temple, and someone was already waiting at the gate. The man appeared to be of Japanese origin and had a katana on his side.

"Who is this?" Tohsaka did not anticipate this unknown enemy.

"Assassin," replied Edward.

"Why is he here?"

"Caster summoned him."

"She can do that?"

"Apparently, yes."

"So, what's the plan?"

"Saber, he will be your opponent while we move on," said Edward, but she ignored him and looked at Shirou.

"This might be the best." So, Saber finally accepted this plan.

"You better win this fight as soon as possible. My intuition tells me things will not proceed smoothly," added Edward before they move on.

34