579. Ea
787 4 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What is this?” asked Tohsaka.

“The Gate of Babylon, said to contain all the world's treasures,” explained Edward.

“All of them?”

“Maybe.”

“Are you mocking me?” asked Gilgamesh with red eyes.

“What do you mean?”

“You know very well none of the Mystic Codes you’ve created ever appeared in my vault.”

“Oh,” replied Edward, whose corner of the mouth almost twitched.

“That’s all you have to say? Go die.”

Hundreds of weapons rushed toward everyone present in the room. A smirk appeared on Edward’s face as he thought of something. He copied Gilgamesh’s Gate of Babylon by accessing his treasure in the Floating City and sending it out through space magic.

So, a spectacular sight developed in this temple. Weapons from both sides of the room clashed against each other, forming a beautiful rain of metal and magic lights.

“You also have a Gate of Babylon?” asked Tohsaka.

“No, but as probably this planet’s greatest Alchemist, I’ve created thousands of Mystic Codes and have access to my treasury.”

“I thought you said you couldn’t do that before?” asked Tohsaka, remembering the pain she endured while modifying her soul due to the lack of potion.

“I’m a free man now and have fewer limitations.”

“Damn you,” roared Gilgamesh; he had never felt so humiliated. This Arcane Emperor not only prevents him from acquiring his treasures but also dares to imitate his greatest treasure.

“You all must die. Ea.”

A black but blunt sword tip slowly emerged from the golden gates. As soon as Edward saw it, he knew what it was—his objective in this world.

‘Got you,’ he thought, waiting for the sword to manifest fully. He cast a spell, but no one detected it, not even Gilgamesh’s Clairvoyant Eyes.

“It’s time for us to leave,” he told Tohsaka.

“Why?”

“It’s not yet time to face him.”

“Is he that powerful?”

“He’s called the King of Heroes for a reason.”

“Leaving? No one is leaving here alive.”

Edward did not care for his words. He felt sorry he did not capture Medea and acquire the Caster Class before regaining his freedom, but she was now dead under Gilgamesh’s weapons, and there was nothing he could do. However, he had long taken over her Bounded Field, so nothing could stop him from leaving this place.

A blue light enveloped Edward and Tohsaka, disappearing from the temple.

“That was scary,” sighed Tohsaka. “Was that the legendary King of Heroes? He’s nothing like what I imagine.”

“That’s not the real Gilgamesh.”

“What do you mean?”

“He revived himself with the grail in the previous war,” explained Edward. “But the corruption of the Grail still affected him by magnifying his greatest flaw: his pride.”

“That explains a lot,” nodded. “Wait, what happened to Shirou and Saber?”

“I teleported them home,” replied Edward.

“Really?” she looked at him suspiciously.

“Girl, don’t question my character.”

“I mean.”

“I saved them,” Edward rolled his eyes. “Anyway, what I was more than anything was to see you pummel Shirou to the ground and win this war.”

“But what’s the point? I don’t even have a Servant, so I’m technically disqualified.”

“I’m still a Heroic Spirit, and the war will continue until there is one of us left. By the way, did you kill Rider?”

“I did, and it was not as difficult as I imagined.”

“Don’t brag. If I didn’t tell you her identity, you’d be lucky to be intact by the end of the fight,” Tohsaka immediately pouted after hearing this, but she could not argue against the truth.

“Saber must have won her fight, so that leaves me, her, Berserker, and Lancer, which is our next target.”

“Lancer? Where is he?” Tohsaka looked around before pausing at the church.

“You don’t mean?”

“Yes, Kotomine Kirei is the last Master of this war.”

“I should have guessed as much. He never had a trustworthy face.”

“There is more.”

“What’s with that look?” asked Tohsaka, taking a small step back. Edward sighed before directly telling the truth, “He’s the person who killed your father in the previous war?”

“That’s impossible. He was my father’s beloved apprentice— how could he kill him?”

“Kotomine Kirei is a twisted man. He only does things that please him or soothe his urges.”

“No, it can’t be,” yelled Tohsaka, holding her head. Then, her eyes reddened, “I’m going to kill him.”

“Wait. We don’t have much time as he has an alliance with Gilgamesh. So, if you can’t deal with him as soon as possible, I will interfere.”

“Fine.”

They rushed into the church, and Tohsaka kicked it open.

Kisei, who was praying, calmly stood up, turned around, and spoke softly, “Why are you acting so aggressively?”

“Did you kill my father?”

“Hmm, how did you find out?”

“So, you won’t even deny it?”

“What’s the point of doing such a pointless thing? I’m more interested in how you find the truth.”

“I’m going to kill you.”

Tohsaka rushed toward him, but a spear attacked her, forcing her to evade.

“Lancer, this is not a fight you should participate in,” said Edward.

“So, are we finally going to continue our fight?”

“Sadly, I want to end this as soon as possible. So, there will be no more fun fights.” Edward activated his Noble Phantasm and disappeared from the room with Lancer, leaving a large black ball.

“A Reality Marble?” uttered Kirei surprisingly as he looked at the ball.

“Now, it’s only you and me,” said Tohsaka.

“Do you think you can defeat me? I’m the one who raised you.”

“I am not the same person as you think I am.” Tohsaka activated her Magic Circuit and rushed forward. The battle hadn’t begun for over thirty seconds when the black ball disappeared, and Edward only appeared.

“So fast?” said Tohsaka, who suddenly stopped. Kirei took this opportunity and kicked her ribs, sending her flying away.

“I guess I should not expect much from that loser,” he commented while looking at Edward, who was reviewing the memory he stole from Lancer. He now knew where Scathatch was and how to reach her.

“We’re running out of time,” he said to Tohsaka.

“Fine, you can help me kill him.”

Kirei immediately rushed to the door, trying to run away. Sadly, it was useless. With the two working together, he died in less than a minute despite his ability to teleport a short distance.

“Let’s go.”

Edward teleported them away, and Gilgamesh returned to see Kirei’s body not long after they left. He looked at it and said, “Despite how horrible of a human being you were, you are still my servant, and only I can kill you.” He took the body and walked away.

Tohsaka’s Mansion:

“Wow, this was thrilling,” said Tohsaka. “Sakura, where are you?”

“You’re back?” said Sakura, walking into the room. “How did things go? Is Shirou-senpai alright?”

“You ask about him before asking about me, your sister?”

“Well…you’re obviously fine.”

“I still want you to care about me,” said Tohsaka as she jumped on her and began to tickle her. Sakura laughed uncontrollably while begging to stop. “No, this is your punishment.” They laughed and played for a few minutes until they lay on the floor, head to head, panting and sweating.

“Hmm, why is it so quiet? Where is that bastard?”

“I can hear you,” yelled Edward.

“He’s downstairs?” Tohsaka stood up and helped Sakura walk downstairs to see Edward watching television and enjoying a soda.

“What are you doing here?”

“I didn’t want to interrupt your bonding moment,” explained Edward. “Now that you’re done, are you prepared to return to work?”

Tohsaka sat on the sofa with her sister, “Only Berserker and Saber are left. We can work with Shirou to take down Berserker.”

“No, Berserker is the bait for my final fight with Gilgamesh. So, Saber must be eliminated next.”

“But Shirou-senpai.”

“We can eliminate Saber while keeping him alive. The important thing is to eliminate the Servants.”

“That’s fair. We can start tomorrow. I’m tired.”

Tohsaka dragged Sakura upstairs, and Edward glanced at her. Once they were gone, he waved his hand to manifest a weird weapon–Gilgamesh’s Ea.

He used Shirou’s Projection Magecraft (which he stole) and others to copy Ea and create a fake version. He aims to study the real thing to prepare for his fight with Gilgamesh and when he tries to recreate the real version (Tier 11).

‘This could be considered a positive first step,’ thought Edward.

31