Who are you staying with?
400 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I reached my destination at 1 p.m. The house was just like before. I visite uncle Shibata 2 year ago as after that we always met in family reunion or festivals.

The house was single storey house grey ash in colour, not so fancy but decent from outside.

 I stepped toward the door and pressed the doorbell.

*Ding*Dong*

After a couple of second the door opened and a middle aged red haired woman came in from the other side, with a gentle warm smile on her face.

-Kurumi-" Hey Yuku , finally you are here."

The one who greeted me was Kurumi Tanihara , my aunt and wife of Uncle Shiba.

Her red hair and red pupils are really eye catching to anyone. Her motherly nature and the gentle way in which she converse always gave  a warm feeling .

She is very talkative , I mean she has little knowledge about everything whether it is sports, ,game or cosmetics. She can start a  conversation with anyone . Both Uncle and Kurumi san compliment each other as one doesn't talk much and one can't sit with mouth closed for long.

-Keita-" Good evening Kurumi san. How are you?."

When she was about to answer a cheerful scream came from upstairs and loud hurried steps could be heard rushing toward us:

-Kaede-" Kei Oniiii chaaaaaannnnn...

-Keita- "Hey Ka-...

Before I can finish my word a cute little doll which had the same hair colour as her mother came crashing in my chest and hugged with her almight.

-Kurumi- "Easy now little bean. You will scare Yuku like that."

-Kaede-" I domt lmow konwn y..

-Kurumi- Atleast seperate your face from him so your words could even make a proper meaning . Geez!"

She seperated her face and smiled at me gently.

Kaede Tarihara, my sweet little cousin who is about a feet shorter than me, is in second year of junior high school and 5 year younger than me .

Since childhood she is being spoiled by her parents as well as me. She always cling to me whenever I visited and played all day whatever I liked to play.

Her behaviour toward me is always partial even it comes to her own father.

I had totally saw the jealous look in my uncle's eye whenever Kaede left him and tagged along with me even he prepared her favourite food or tried to win over her by gifting her favourite plushie all to turn nothingness whenever I pop up.

'I guess father will be a father even with the serious personality of Shiba uncle it is given'.

-Kaede- "Kei oni chan , why you came so late and why are you coming after so much time. I missed you a lot you know."

Her cuteness was overflowing so I gently started patting her head and said.

-Keita-" Your onii chan had a lot of things happening around ."

-Kurumi-" Well it can't be helped. Now stay with Kaede since you are here".

*Ahem*.

Suddenly we heard a hard coughing sound from the end of the hallway which was obviously forced one.

I tilted my head and saw a stiff looking man in his early forties standing his arm crossed on his back with a frown on his face.

I took Kaede who was still hugging me and moved forward toward him. Kurumi san was enjoying the lively scene which was like a confrontation of a son and father .

-Shiba-" You sure have grown up for not showing your face since 2 months huh."

-Keita-" Ah..sorry Uncle it was just..

-Kaede- Papa! If you scare my onii chan like that then I will not talk to you for a month. HMPH!"

At her remark the stiffness of my uncle vanished and he went like phoooshh.

-Kurumi-" Dear he came after long time and you are scolding him like that . Be more gentle with him. "

-Keita-" It's okay Kurumi san, Kaede. Sorry uncle I should have visited you earlier , it was just like my life was a little muddled up."

-Shiba-" I would like to hear that muddled up part. For now let's go .I have prepared something special."

-Kaede- "Yeahhh!!  We can share food again Onii chan let's go ."

She pulled my hand toward the dinning hall  with a cheerful mood.

Kurumi san also followed us and we seated on a six seat dinning table  with Uncle on the head chair , Kurumi san on his left and me and Kaede sitting together on the two chairs on right.

I smelled the alluring fragrance of the food which made me remember how I always enjoy uncle Shiba's cooking the most in the world. 

'Well the food Miyuki prepare is no doubt outstanding  I have ever tasted but still Uncle Shiba's cooking has its own charm'.

Mostly seafood things were prepared in the lunch and in a whole lot of amount.

Sea food is something I can't tolerate to waste , so I ate more than my appetite and in half an hour all the food was vanished.

My plate was being shared with Kaede who often fed me different dishes with her chopsticks and since we always did something like this, it was quite natural today also.

After the lunch we sat on the sofa which was just behind the dining table, comfortably.

Kaede was hugging me while placing her head my left arm. I was patting her head and she was literally purring like a cat.

'I don't know what will happen if Miyuki see us like this. Well Kaede  is just a kid so it's not a big deal'.

-Shiba- "Now Keita tell me. Who is the person you are staying with right now and please don't fumble around and tell me straight even it is hard for you."

I gulped on his serious tone.

Uncle Shiba is actually like a father to me since very early so I never treated him in a disrespect manner.

I always listened whatever advised he gave or scolded me for something. But when he asked me to come with him to stay here, I just simply rejected him as my mind wasn't at my right place at that time of more like I didn't wanted to become bureden even the person is like my own parent.

-Keita-" Actually since 2 months I am staying with my girlfriend in her apartment."

-Shiba-" Hmm?"

-Kurumi-" Ara~ how romantic."

Both gave their indifferent reaction with amaze and shock but the one who was beside me didn't said a single word.

I turned my head on Kaede side and saw her wide shot open red eyes staring at me like she will devour me with her furious eyes only.

'Ah it's going to be long day'.

Author: Potential rival? Nah I don't like drama at all .😉

12