Chapter 2
4.4k 6 71
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2

------------------------------------

Adrian knew he was in trouble when he fell like that.

He had been brought up in a greenhouse environment, i.e. never allowed to get hurt or to try dangerous stuff.

He assumed that he at least broke his nose at best. He didn't even want to assume the worst.

Suddenly, his vision became completely white.

Adrian became shocked.

(...I never expected that such a fall would kill me. Was I weak to such an extent? I must exercise a lot in my next life...)

When he focused his mind, a bunch of text appeared in his vision,

<Start New Session>

<Run Tutorial>

<Logout>

Adrian tried to rub his eyes, but he couldn't somehow.

A thought occurred to him.

(...Is this a system? Out of these options, only the Tutorial looks safe. Who knows what trap is there in a Session or a Logout...)

Hence making up his mind, Adrian chose the Run Tutorial option.

The words vanished from his sight.

Then an old man wearing lab coat appeared in his vision. He was sporting a friendly smile on his face, but his spiky hair and perverse looking eyes looked seriously offensive to him.

The reason was, in his previous lifetime, he would often self insert himself into various doujinshi's while he read them & this guy in front of him was a major cause for his twisted personality.

His lovers were often stolen by him & he had vowed to punch this fucker once if he ever could. Especially for the trauma of stealing his mom..

<Welcome. Nice to meet you user. Congratulations on selecting the tutorial before the actual session. I am the one they call by many names, but you can call me as the one who's avatar I have taken.>

<This is not a world inhabited by strange creatures and people, but a system given to you based on your strongest desires in your heart.>

<The reason this system is provided to you is simple. To survive.>

<You have been judged to have the lowest survival possibility out of all reborn creatures. And so this aid has been provided for you to grow properly.>

<The system is not an all mighty thing though. Many restrictions have been applied, which you would have to release on your own. It also to help you grow and survive.>

<We hope to be surprised by your growth, but we have also seen too many failures, so try not to die too early, OK?>

<Now, lets get on with it.>

A bright light flashed and a suitcase containing three normal looking pokeballs appeared.

Adrian looked at the balls with fervor. He had an inkling about what those balls contained.

As if reading his mind, the system proceeded to explain,

<It's not what you think it is. These are empty pokeballs. Any pokemon you get has to be caught by you yourself.>

<That's right. There are no Starters available. In a moment the Session would begin, where you would be sent into a space where wild pokemon roam.>

<You would have to use the pokeballs provided to you and try catching them. The probability of catching them depends on the system upgrade i.e. if you can achieve that.>

<I don't have a lot of time left. I would explain things as they come later when I can. Just don't expect a lot.>

Adrian realized that he appeared in a jungle. His body was now movable and three empty pokeballs were placed on his belt. His body and clothes were the same as he last remembered.

Also in the upper right corner of his vision, a countdown timer was running. The timer read <0:56> while it kept on decreasing as the time went on.

Adrian knew he had to act fast. He ran in a direction, hoping to encounter some pokemon & capturing it.

A creature suddenly jumped on his back and started to mess with his hair.

After stumbling a bit, the creature jumped off his back, when he recognized this one.

A Mankey.

He couldn't tell whether this one was a male or female, he had no pokedex after all.

The timer already read <0:33>, so Adrian made a decision and quickly took out one of the pokeballs and aimed at the Mankey.

As he threw the pokeball, it fell and dropped just in front of the Mankey.

Thinking of it as a game, the Mankey threw the pokeball back at him, which fell spectacularly on his face.

[It hurts.. The pain is so real. Can I also die in here?]

The Mankey jumped up and down, in hopes of continuing the game, while Adrian tried finding the pokeball he threw earlier.

He found the pokeball crumbled into pieces near his body.

(...such inferior quality...)

The timer read <0:13> already.

Adrian quickly took out the next pokeball and aimed it at the jumping Mankey.

Luckily this time, the pokeball hit it's intended target and the Mankey became trapped inside the pokeball.

However, just 2 seconds later, the pokeball exploded & the Mankey reappeared.

The Mankey huffed in anger & immediately jumped on Adrian to attack.

What came later was a spectacular beat down, before he was saved by the countdown.

<Session time is over. Logging out user.>

A voice appeared in his head, before his vision turned white again.

Adrian's last thoughts before succumbing to sleep were...

(...What shitty luck! Beaten up by a Mankey. How am I supposed to catch them like this?!...)

--------------------------------------

Chapter 2 End

71