I Wake Up in the Middle of the Night?! Sudden Danger??!!!!
1.3k 0 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Someone told me that posting a lot of chapters every day is good for the algorithm, so I’ll try my best to keep it up! If you want to help it in the algorithm, please like, comment, and subscribe!

 

 

I woke up somewhere unfamiliar but comfy. Slowly things came back to me. I was in a bed… in an inn… in a fantasy world! Oh, right, I was a catgirl now!

 

But wait a moment… didn’t I fall asleep on floor pillow? I looked down at traitorous floor pillow to see him still down there, giving me the silent treatment. Then how did I get up here?

 

W-wait, wasn’t there only one bed?? I turned to see Alto still asleep beside me, his muscular pecs rising and falling with every deep, stable breath. Did he do this? Was it magic? It couldn’t have been me, Goddess, I promise!

 

I looked around some more. Even though there was no light in the room, I could still see really well! Maybe this was a benefit of being a cat?

 

I looked at the magic clock on the wall and it said it was still 3 AM (this world has 25 hour days, and switches at 12:30). Wow, I can’t remember the last time I woke up this early! Stayed up this late, though…

 

I started to get out of bed when I heard a scary scraping noise outside. I lept back into the bed and cuddled up with Alto. 

 

The noise continued. Alto! Save me! Oh no, did I say that out loud?!

 

He woke up and looked at me with one eye still closed. “What is it, Lys,” he grumbled.

 

“Th-there’s something outside!” I said, frightened.

 

He got out of bed and pulled up the window curtain to look outside. “I don’t see anything.”

 

“I--I heard something scraping on the window. Are you sure?”

 

He pulled the curtain aside, revealing… the branch of a tall nearby tree that was the source of my fear.

 

Wood! My old enemy! I’d have to remember to go fight that tree tomorrow morning.

 

I turned to him, blushing. “S--sorry.”

 

“It’s alright, scaredy cat,” he said good humoredly. “I’ve owned cats before. I know they like to wake you up at 3 AM.”

 

“H-hey, you don’t own me!”

 

“Don’t I?” he said wrily, and reached out his hand to stroke under my chin. I blushed but let him… it did feel kinda nice, that was the only reason!

 

“Asnomia told me that in some parts of this world, they let the higher races like humans and elves own the lower ones like beastkin and Liloi.”

 

I blushed. “W-well, if I’m going to be yours, I want it to be from me saying it! Not some random people!”

 

“...So you want to be mine?”

 

I blushed even more. “I-I didn’t say that! Idiot!” I threw one pillow at him and curled up, pressing my face into the other one.

 

Goddess, how will I ever get back to sleep?

 

27