Journey to the Capital? Master Bullies Me?!!
1.2k 0 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I almost forgot to mention, but the stuff today got edited right before being posted! Ella went through it so fast! She’s seemed really stressed lately but I hope it took her mind off things. Thanks again!

 

The next day, we started journeying again, this time to the capital of the kingdom of Asgriel, Asreilia.

 

“This is the kingdom of humans and elves,” he explained, “and we’re going to the capital, where the Orbs of EARTH& and WOOD| are kept. Those two should be the easiest to obtain, while many others are either in the grip of the Demon Queen, or their location has been lost.”

 

“Wow, you’re so smart!” I said. “It’s amazing how you know all this stuff!”

 

He scoffed. “Well, I’d say I’m within one standard deviation of the average mean population cognitive intelligence, while you may fall far below that.”

 

“Huh?” I said, confused.

 

“Allow me to restate that for the layperson. Or laycat, as it were. I not smart… you dumb.”

 

I blushed furiously. So what if I wasn’t the brightest? I was… nice, right?

 

“Shame that you have neither smarts nor looks,” he mused.

 

“H-hey!” I’d seen myself in the mirror in the hotel yesterday! I thought I was pretty cute!

 

“I’m just kidding, kitty,” he said, patting my head as I purred. “You’re cute enough that I can stand looking at you.”

 

Hooray! I wasn’t an eyesore to Maste--I mean, Alto! I don’t know where that came from!

23