Chapter 2
1.9k 2 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Welcome back heroes.”

Those were the first words that shitty goddess uttered to us.

This pisses me off. She even looks very happy. Why is that?

***

It all started a little earlier when Athena was attending a reward ceremony hosted by the first goddess.

“All 50 of your worlds have peace and are on the proper path. You have done well goddess Athena.”

“Thank you for your kindness first goddess-sama”

“You may call me Helen, Athena.”

“Eh!?”

No way… Being on a first-name basis with the first-goddess. Can this day get any better?

“Athena.”

“Yes, Goddess Helen.”

“Would you like to become a High Goddess?”

“What?”

The gods and goddesses were divided into 3 levels. Lower, Middle, and High.

Athena was currently a lower goddess. Never in their history has a lower goddess been asked if they desired to be a high goddess. Normally the next step would be that of a middle goddess.

“For real!? I mean… Do I deserve such an honor?”

“You do. You have shown great wisdom in the heroes you have chosen. If you can bring peace to the three lost worlds, then I will allow it.”

“Eh! The three lost worlds.”

The three lost worlds, was a name used to describe the three worlds that had fallen to evil. A demon lord, an evil empire, and an evil god ruled these worlds.

While other worlds were in similar situations. What made these worlds differently was the fact that many goddess and gods had lost their lives trying to save these worlds.

Athena was worried. This was a task that even some high goddess had failed, however, she couldn't let his opportunity pass her by.

“I accept.”

“Then summon your heroes. You need to select the most useful among them as your champion.”

“Understood!”

***

“Welcome back heroes.”

This is bullshit… Why do I have to meet this dumb bimbo again? Ahhh… I want to die…

It took me a while before I noticed the audience behind us. We were currently on a stage.

This looks like an awards ceremony.

“Goddess!”

“We are back again? Alright! Another adventure before we graduate.”

“Looks like I will have the opportunity to make another harem.”

“It is nice to meet you again… Goddess Athena.”

“Hiroji… You are as hot as I remember… I mean… Nice to see you again.”

My classmates were getting all fired up while I was seriously pissed. Hiroji was working his charm… Wait a minute… Did someone just say harem? Some bastards really do get all the luck

“Why have you summoned us?”

It was the class president, taking the lead again.

“Right. This is the first goddess Helen. One of the leaders of us gods and goddesses. I have been tasked with saving three worlds and I need one of you to be my champion.”

“Is that so? And whom will be the champion?”

“I guessing, it will be Hiroji.”

“The champion or companion as they are sometimes called, are determined by the hero points.”

“Eh? hero points.”

Looks like the goddess Athena didn’t know what goddess Helen was talking about.

“You didn’t know?”

“You mean those points we use for ranking the heroes?” Athena asked Helen

“Yes. Those are called hero points.”

“Hmmm... Well, it doesn't matter much I am sure that Hiroji will have the highest points.”

< Hiroji: 0 points >

“How can this be?” Athena uttered in surprise.

It wasn’t just Hiroji. Every person she checked had 0 points.

“How can this happen? Is the system broken?” Athena cried out. “Didn’t you guys defeat any demon lords or overthrow an evil empire?”

“We did hear of a demon lord when we first reincarnated, but he died before any of us could reach him.” The class president answered

Wait a minute… Don’t tell me.

“What about your other recantations?”

“There is nothing to report about them. The worlds were peaceful when we got there. We had a simple adventure before dying peacefully at an old age.”

The reason those guys had it easy was because I…

“What is going here?” Athena said while pulling at her hair

“Athena.”

“Yes, Helen-sama.”

“Isn’t there a hero you haven’t checked yet?”

“Eh…”

She glanced at my direction before glaring and I naturally glared back. I had no reason to be civil to this bimbo… However, it resulted in a glare down.

THE GODDESS AND I ARE GLARING AT ONE ANOTHER WTF?

 

Announcement

Special shout out to Patrick Ryan and Skorno for supporting me

 

47