Chapter 3
1.9k 7 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The goddess and I were currently glaring at each other. I could feel the sweat on my forehead dripping down.

She looked straight at me without blinking. I then saw her lips move.

What will she say? Will she apologize for the hell she put me through?

“Who are you?”

“Eh?”

“Eh?”

“Oi… Oi… Are you kidding me right now? You stupid blond bimbo… You actually have the nerve to forget me?”

“Who are you calling stupid blond bimbo? I am a goddess. A goddess!”

“Humph… You are nothing but trash in my eyes.”

“Why you…”

“Enough” uttered the other goddess “We are wasting variable time. The souls of mortals cannot last long here. Athena, check his hero points.”

“Yes.”

< Sojuro: 50 points >

“No way?” Athena uttered

My classmates were equally surprised but I wasn’t. I figured it out a moment ago.

After I defeated the demon king in my first reincarnation I went on to solve all the problems in the other worlds before they were reincarnated there. It is not like I wanted to. I always ended up in a life or death struggle where someone tried to kill me.

When I was born as a son of a pirate, the evil empire hunted us down because we stole from the nobles and gave the poor.

When I was born blind, an evil religious group called it a curse and tried to kill me.

Etc… etc… etc…

As a result, I was put on the path to kill some evil guy or destroy an evil organization.

I may not have had cheat skills, but I still managed to achieve my goals. The cost, however, was always my life. I literally died for the cause.

“Goddess Helen. Can’t I just have Hiroji be my champion?” Athena asked

“Hmm… Are you sure? You rise to, high goddess is at stake. Are you sure you want to take the chance on an untested hero?”

As long as it is not me, she can choose Santa Claus for all I care

“This is troubling.” The class president spoke.

She is one of Hiroji’s girls. Maybe she doesn’t like the fact that the goddess has taken a liking to Hiroji.

“Sojuro”

To my surprise, Hiroji called me out. We have never had a one-on-one conversation before, I wonder what he wants to say.

Given his cool personality, he might say, "I know you did a lot to make the world we reincarnated into peaceful, however, leave this to me."

I definitely see him doing that. The girls will melt at his feet and the goddess will probably praise him.

Humph… Fine by me. I don’t need all this drama. Just send me home

“Good luck,” he said with a dashing smile. It was like he was trying to charm me or something.

Oi… Oi… This isn’t a BL novel, what are you trying to pull here?

No, that is not what I should focus on here. He is trying to offload this problem on me while trying to look cool. Does he think everyone won’t see through that?

“Hiroji is so cool.”

“Yeah… Even though he could do it himself, he is trusting that guy to do it.”

“My heart is going Doki-Doki”

THE FOOLS FELL FOR IT! And I have a name you know. This is the worst!

“Are you sure about this, Hiroji?” Athena asks

“Yes. I trust my friend Sojuro. He will definitely help you save those worlds.”

Who are you calling friend?

“If you say so…” she said shyly

“Then it has been decided,” Helen said

“No, it hasn’t. I am not agreeing to this!” I shouted but my words were falling on deaf ears.

“The first world you will save is the world ruled by the demon king. Once the hero has defeated him, you will restore the balance, Athena.”

“Eh… I am going too?”

“Then I will send you on your way.”

“Wait a moment. I haven’t agreed to any of this.” I shouted, but in an instant, my vision changed.

I was in a forest.

“So this is the world ruled by the demon king huh.”

I turned around and saw the goddess just standing there. I couldn’t believe this. Before I could pull two words together I heard a pining sound.

I recognized the sound, as I often heard it when my status changed.

I opened my status window and a video began to play back.

“Welcome to the world of Kiva. 600 years ago a demon king rose to power after defeating all the heroes who were sent to save the world. I have masked your arrival in this world and created identities for you both, however, the demon king has eyes and ears everywhere, so I suggest you keep a low-key. You find some of this world currency in your inventory. You will also find a map, weapons, and potions. There is also a brief guide on the races and monsters of the world.”

“This bullshit! I didn’t agree to this.” I yelled

“This is a recording. I am unable to answer questions” the goddess in the video replied.

Hmm… Isn’t it odd that she would say that at this exact moment?

“Hey human… Don’t be disrespecting the first-goddess like that!”

“Shut it, bimbo, before I get the urge to kill you.”

“Please be advised that if either of you dies, the other will die as well,” Helen answered

“Fine by me. I will just reincarnate…”

“There will be no reincarnation… Your death will be permanent?”

“Eh?”

“That doesn’t apply for me thou… Right, goddess-sama?” Athena asked

“It does.”

We both just stood there in shock.

THE GODDESS AND I ARE ON A DO OR DIE ADVENTURE, WTF

42