Chapter 4
1.9k 16 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Oi… Oi… What is the meaning of this?” I shouted

“I am sorry, this is a recording. I am unable to answer questions.”

“You have been answering our questions already.”

“Eto… You have come to the end of the recording have a nice day.”

Just like that, the video vanished.

“Tch… She fled.”

“I can die!… But why? How?...”

“You didn’t know about this?”

“I knew that past gods and goddesses died trying to save these worlds, but I didn’t know the details… Hmm… They must have died when their hero died.” She said before glaring in my direction, “Don’t you die on me.”

“Huh!? How do you know that it wasn’t the gods and goddess who died on them?”

“Please. We are beings of perfection. There is no way that we would make such mistakes.”

“Oi… Oi… Did you forget…” just I was going to point out her past mistake a roar came from the forest?

The ground began to shake. I could hear a creature walking through the thick forest. It moved closer and closer to us, until it emerged from behind the trees.

Standing before me was a large brown bear with a white horn on its head.

< Appraisal >

I called the skill I was familiar with and it activated.

Just in case you are wondering, the < appraisal > is a universal skill for us reincarnations. Along with < universal language > and < inventory >. I only found this out when I returned back to my original world. Doing my reincarnations, I once went to a world where you had to perform a ceremony in order to use the < appraisal > skill. Anyhow, back to the action.

Name: Horned Bear

Level: 78/100

Title: None

Type: Monster

Attributes: Wood, Earth

HP: 109/200

MP: 56/356

Skills: Claw Slash, Power Up, Wind Roar

It was covered in fresh scares. Clearly it was in a fight earlier and lost. However, when I took a closer look at it I realized, 

“Shit… It looks strong.” I said. It was a gut feeling at this point, however, after 50 hush reincarnations, you tend to trust you gut feelings.

“What are you waiting for? Kill it already.” Athena yelled in my direction

“Tch…” I searched the inventory for weapons and found a sword. I immediately equipped it and prepared for battle.

Now all I have to do is see my own stats and formulate a battle plan.

I called forth my status screen…

“Eh!?”

***

Back in the heavenly realm. Goddess Helen had sent the other students on another isekai adventure. She told them that it was a gift from her to them, however, there was another reason for her kind gesture.

“Are sure it was alright to do this?” The voice that spoke was that of her aid. A high goddess by the name of Miao.

“Are you referring to the human Sojuro? It saddens me to do this to him, however, we are running out of time. If we do not save those three worlds, a great disaster will befall us all.”

“I understand that, but still… Forcing a human to fight on our behalf is pushing it.”

“There is no need for worry. I plan on rewarding the human if he successfully saves the three worlds.”

“If? Is that the reason you had the others go to another world, rather than return them to their original?”

“Too much faith is sometimes bad Miao. The wise always have a backup Should the hero die, we might be able to swap him out with one of the other heroes before Athena dies as well. This will allow us to continue on with the mission... ”

Miao sighed but could reprimand her goddess because “You may have made a wise decision there.”

“What do you mean?”

“I was going through Sojuro’s records in the system. I now know why he had that attitude towards Athena.” She said before handing over a document to Helen.

“This is? Eh!?”

***

Welcome back, folks.

Don’t worry, you didn’t miss the battle between me and the horned bear. No, we didn’t postpone it for another chapter…

Right now, I and the bear and playing a game called, catch the weakling. This game involves me running and the bear chasing me.

I know what you are thinking. Bears are not well known for their running in some isekai adventures and I must be leaving it well behind.

That may have been the case had i not had this handicap.

“Why are you running and not fighting? And more importantly… Carry me with the respect I deserve.”

I am currently running while carrying the goddess on my shoulder. If you are wondering why that is… It is simple. Take a look at my status…

***

Name: Sojuro

Level: 10/100

Title: Hero

Class: Sage

Attributes: None

HP: 1800/1800

MP: 2000/2000

Skills: Inventory, Universal Language, Appraisal

Cheat Skill: None

Devine Protection: Athena

***

Did you see It?

That is right. No cheat skills and no combat skills.

With the level difference between us on top of that. There is no way I can win a fair fight. That’s why.

“What are you doing?” Athena shouted as I tossed her into the air.

Chance!

Just as I predicted the bear stood up. It was aiming to take a bite out of the goddess.

Sorry pal, can’t let you do that. My life is currently chained to hers right now.

I took this chance to strike at its exposed neck. I hit that spot with all I had. Luckily, that was enough.

The bear was now laying on the floor. My plan was a success and it looks like I leveled up, but no new skills appeared.

Hmm… This could be a world where certain conditions have to be met before you can learn a skill, or perhaps it’s a world where skills are bought?

“Why the hell did you do that? Treating a soon-to-be high goddess like some sack of potatoes… There will be judgment.”

“I had no choice… Here take a look at my stats.”

“Hmm… Those are some pretty low stats, but nothing you can’t handle with the cheat I gave you.”

“Oi… Are you blind? I have no cheats.”

“Eh?”

“You never gave me any cheats, remember?”

“Wait… You are that guy.”

“Now that your memory has come back… Give me a cheat.”

“I can’t”

“What do you mean?”

“It takes time for the system to generate skills. We, goddesses, are entrusted with a limited number of skills or cheats as some call them,  to give to our heroes. I have already used all the skills I had.” She said with straight face.

Her expression didn't change at all. If what she said is the truth then...

THE GODDESS AND I HAVE TO SAVE THE WORLD WITHOUT CHEATS? WTF

47