Chapter 9
1.3k 5 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The operation, 'don’t die or become a slave because of the stupid goddess was a go'. I left that dumb bimbo back at the winged-snake Inn.

The bill was for a one-week stay at the inn. Even if we canceled it today, we were still required to the two million credits.

I gave that bimbo, clear instructions to stay in the room and do nothing. Food and drinks are already delivered to the room as part of the package.

Just to make sure, I also informed the butler of our circumstances. He promised to watch over the goddess and make sure she doesn’t add to our tab.

It was weird. Unlike the first time we met, the butler had an unusual interest in me. It was like he was sizing me up.

It is understandable thou. I may try to skip town and leave all the debt with the goddess.

The butler explained that couples share all debt. Even if the partner who took out the loan dies, the other partner is required to pay it back.

I must admit, when I heard this I found the idea of skipping town tempting. However, the goddess will most likely end up a slave as a result.

If the person who owns her is nothing more than a pervert who uses her as his sex toy, then there won’t be a problem. On the other hand, if she ends up with some guy who takes pleasure in killing pretty things, then I am in trouble.

After careful consideration… Paying off this debt seems to be the only option. The winged-snake Inn probably has eyes and ears in other towns too. I don’t need bounty hunters on my trail.

I walking to the Cascade adventure guild to pick up a quest that will pay handsomely. I need enough funds to cover the debt and add to my war chest.

Eh? Isn’t that John’s wife? And that must be her daughter… Hmm… That young guy next to them must be her son.

They all had red hair… must be a family trait…

Wait... wasn’t John’s hair white? How old is that guy?

I arrived at the Cascade guild and picked a quest from the notice board before handing it to Maria.

“Are you crazy? You just registered yesterday and now you to hunt an earth dragon.” She yelled

“Yep…”

The adventures started to gossip when they heard what Maria just said.

“He wants to hunt an earth dragon?”

“You need five rank-B parties to take one of those down.”

“He is crazy.”

“He has a death wish.”

“10,000 credits, he quits and comes back.”

“Are you crazy? The bounty is 12 million credits. I rather die than have that kind of debt. 10,000 credits, he quits and runs away.”

“10,000 credits, he dies trying.”

They all started to place bets on whether I live or died. How nostalgic of my 31 reincarnations.

But how are these guys going to determine who won, unless I come back or someone finds my body… there is no way to determine what really happened. I guess it is just for show.

“20,000 credit, that he pulls it off.”

The girl who just spoke was someone I had met earlier.

I accidentally walked in on her at the hovel Inn.

She had long silver hair. Red eyes and an amazing body figure.

She looked like a swordswoman from the light-white amour she wore and the sword on her hip.

“Catherin-san… Welcome back to the guild.”

“Thanks, Maria but I won’t be staying long.”

“Is that so?”

“Yeah… I will be heading back to the mainland soon.”

The mainland was the other name used for the eastern continent.

It would cost 300,000 credits for a trip across the ocean. For her to spend 600,000 credits… She must be a successful adventure.

I used < Appraisal > on her.

< Appraisal Blocked >

You’re kidding me!? The appraisal was blocked?

An appraisal can be blocked if someone has a higher status than me, or if they have an item that masks their identity.

She doesn’t seem to be too strong... Does that mean she has an item up to her sleeve?

She stared at me before speaking.

“You owe me for the show you got last time. You better pull this off.”

“Eh? What show?” Maria asked

“He barged into my room and saw me naked.”

“EEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHH”everyone in the guild yelled

“You bastard… You are just some rookie and yet you dare to see Catherin naked… I will kill you!” an adventure shouted before lifting his battle axe.

“Wait a minute… It was an accident… And you weren’t naked.”

“Ah… So you did have look. And here I thought you were the type not to take a peak… Pervert!” she said with a seductive smile

The death glares are growing… I need to get out of here fast…

“Your quest has been approved. You may leave now.” Maria said

She read the situation and helped me out… What a goddess

“He is making eyes at Mary now… Kill him” another adventure shouted

I dashed out of the adventures guild. The atmosphere there was too tense for a low-level adventure like me.

I raced through the streets. Only stopping to buy skill cards.

As I approached the gate. I saw John and Hearth talking to each other.

“John. Hearth.” I called out to them

“If it isn’t Sojuro. Going out for quest.” Hearth asked

“Yeah…” I replied before giving him my guild card

Adventures are required to show their cards upon leaving or entering a city. It helps the local authorities know just how much fighting strength is available in the city at any given time.

“Are you going with them?” Hearth said as he pointed to a mob of male adventures chasing after me.

“No… No… It is a misunderstanding…” I tried to explain

“I understand, the older adventures are always picking on the rookies. I will hold them off… Go on ahead…”

This guy really gets me…

“Thanks, Hearth. Sorry, John but I got to dash. Give my regards to you daughter and son.”

“Eh? Son?”

As I rushed  to hunt an earth dragon i could hear the sounds of angry adventures behind me slowly fading.

Hearth must have come through for me... Wait a minute...

THE GODDESS IS RELAXING AT THE INN WHILE I CLEAR OUR DEBTS. WTF!?

29