chapter 20
755 3 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

All I ever wanted, was to become a High Goddess. This was a dream I had held for the longest time, however, it never came to be.

The heroes I had summoned would often fail to do their jobs.The other goddess would often talk behind my back about what a failure I was.

It was so humiliating and after a while, I gave up on the idea of being one. I distracted myself by watching TV shows from Earth.

For some reason, I have always felt a connection to that world and now I know why.

I was once a human. I don’t want to believe it but it is true. The first goddess herself said it and even showed proof.

How did it come to this? My life was going perfectly and then it was from one bad thing to another.

“Here, put this on.”

The person who uttered those words was the hero who was supposed to save this world.

His name is Ojo. I summoned him along with his classmates to reincarnate through 50 worlds. I don’t know what trickery he used, but he ended up saving all the 50 worlds alone.

It is because of him that I am in this situation. Had he not done such a thing, another sucker would have been stuck with this mess and I would be chilling back in the divine realm.

I hate him… He is a constant pain in the ass.

Why are we not marching on the demon lords’ castle and taking him down?

It’s because he is useless, isn’t it?

How did I get stuck with such a useless hero?

I want to go home and watch anime. I want to drink hot cocoa while I reading a manga.

Instead, I am stuck in a cave filled with dead bodies while being constantly asked to put on some piece of cheap jewelry.

Compared to the original ones I had, these things might as well be marbles and yet, why the hell is he insisting on making me wear them?

“To save your life…”

“Eh?”

***

It has been three hours since we talked with the first goddess. Athena has been complaining and mumbling nonsense ever since the communication was cut.

She probably believes that she is talking in her mind but in reality, she is talking out loud.

‘Who the hell is Ojo? Are you seriously saying she has forgotten my name?’ 

I learned a lot of things from her mumbling. I already knew that she is an idiot who is stuck in her delusions of self-worth, but I now know, she is an otaku and calling her a NEET (Not undergoing Education, Employed or Training) would also be justified. She only complains, causes trouble, and then complains about the trouble she has caused, before passing on the responsibility and blame onto someone else.

I am troubled about how to handle this walking red flag. For now, ensuring she doesn’t get herself killed and thereby killing me as well, is a priority.

“Eh?... What do you mean to save my life?”

“You’re weak… Too weak. A simple attack will kill you immediately.”

“You mean a simple skill or magic attack can kill me?” she asked with a confused face

“Umm… more like a simple slap to the face.”

Her face went pale when she heard that. 'Did one of the bandits attempt to slap her? I can see that happening...'

“That can’t be right!”

“You had no levels, attributes, Hp or Mp. You are basically a normal human in this world.”

“Eh?”

“No need to worry, these accessories should help keep you safe. Check your status”

***

Name: Athena

Level: 68/100

Title: Goddess

Class: Devine Being

Attributes: Holy, Fire

HP: 18500/18500

MP: 30000/300000

Equipped: Holy Ring (X8), Holy Necklace(X6), Fire Ring(X8), Fire Necklace (X8), HP Booster Bracelet (X20), MP Booster Bracelet (X32), MP Absorption Bracelet (X12), HP Recovery Bracelet(X19) 

Skills: Heal, Fire Arrow, Fire Ball, Fire War, Cure, Anti Curse, Universal Language, Hero Link, System RestoreBlock AppraisalHero Summon, Skill Giver, Appraisal, Devine Presence, Devine Protection Giver 

***

“Wow! Not bad.” I committed. With this, she will probably be able to survive or escape.

“Not bad!? I look like a Christmas tree that Santa Claus puked out.”

“How you look is not the point…”

“Then what is the point?”

“This.”

I attacked her with my skill < Water Whip >. I held back a bit but, the attack was still powerful enough to send her flying through the air.

“What the hell are you doing?” she yelled at me

“Checking to see if the accessories work or not.”

“And you needed to attack me to figure that out?”

“Yes...”

“Bullshit!”

“Whatever… We need to get moving before the sunset.”

“Oi… Don’t turn your back on me… Apologize for this instant… Do you hear me?”

***

After recovering the carriage we were on, we left the cave and continued on our journey.

I was driving the carriage while the goddess was riding inside. I could hear the occasional insult directed at me from time to time.

This was not the kind of behavior you would expect from a goddess.

As the sun was beginning to set I saw a city in the distance. I am pretty sure the city in front of me is Heartsworth.

The other guys pretty much didn’t want to stay here but never told me why. As much as I would love to bypass the city, we needed rest.

“Oi… I need you to get your act together. We are entering a city ahead.”

“Don’t talk to me, idiot. I don’t want to hear anything except an apology.”

“Do you want to sleep outside? Because that is what is going to happen if you don’t play ball.”

“Tch…”  

As we approached the city I notice something odd. The city wall was decorated with heart shapes and images of couples.

“State your name and business here.” The guard asked

“My name is Sojuro. I seek shelter for the night.”

“And what is the name of your partner?”

'That was an odd question to ask. Shouldn’t he be asking who is in the carriage?'

“Umm… Athena”

“Are there any other couples inside the carriage?”

“…No,”

“Welcome to Heartsworth. City of the couples!”

“Eh!?”

The goddess and I seem to have stumbled upon a couple’s city. WTF

19