Chapter 21
539 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The goddess must have heard what the guard said, as she popped her head out of the carriage window to have a look.

‘A city for couples. What the hell is that? On earth, a city in Europe did have a title as the city of love, but I have a feeling that this place is going to take that to the next level’

“Is something the matter?” A female guard asked as she approached.

“Nothing dear, I was only welcoming these travelers into the city.”

A husband and wife are working together as guards? I am getting a bad feeling about this.

***

I was right, this is hell.

“And then he hit me…”

A crowd gathered around us as the goddess sobbed at the bar. If you look closely, you will see that they are all couples; which is not surprising because, in the city of Heartsworth, only couples are allowed to live here.

Furthermore, all activity in the city has to be done with your partner, and I mean all activity. From shopping to selling, to eating. Every single thing has to be done with your partner present, no exceptions.

‘Just who came up with such a stupid law in the first place?’

Those were my thoughts as the large crowd around me started to voice their stupid opinions about me.

“Oi… How can you treat your wife like that?” a man asked

‘Because she is an idiot!’ I replied in my mind

“That's right! You better treat her right, or some guy will steal her from you.” Another idiot yelled

‘If he is someone who can keep her alive while I deal with the demon king, then by all means take her.’

“In times like this, I am grateful to be married to you, honey…” A woman uttered before kissing the guy next to her

‘Oi… Keep your public displays of affection to yourselves.’

“Hmm… Don’t get me wrong… I understand your pain but is he really as bad you make him sound to be?” a woman asked the dumb goddess

“What do you mean?”

“Those accessories you are wearing. He got them for you, didn’t he? That amount of accessories aren’t cheap you know.”

The woman’s words sent a chill down my spine.

The goddess has the < Block Appraisal > and is also wearing a coat to hide the accessories. While the rings on her fingers can be seen, that alone shouldn’t attract that much attention, especially in this city where a lot of the girls were wearing fancy jewelry and accessories that doubled as jewelry.

However, this woman clearly wasn’t only referring to the rings, or am I wrong?

“But I look so ugly wearing all of these…” the goddess cried.

This idiot! Is she still on about how she looks… We are on a mission dam it.

“I run an accessory clothing store. How about you drop by and I will merge it for you.”

“Merge?” I asked

“Eh? You don’t know what merging is?” She asked back before quickly explaining, “I have the skill called <Merge>. It allows me to combine accessories with other objects. I can combine two accessories together or I can combine an accessory with your favorite jewelry and make it an accessory jewelry. Don’t you think it will be easier for your wife if you combine all those accessories into one?”

‘Holy cow… There was such a thing?’

The goddess grabbed the woman's hands before speaking, “You are a lifesaver.”

“There is no need to be melodramatic about it. You can find many accessories dealers with this kind of skill if you look hard enough. In any case, drop by my store tomorrow and I will give you a special discount.” She said with a wink.

“Oi… If you keep giving special discounts, we will be in the red again.” A man who I assume is her husband spoke.

“Come on dear… We are helping a young couple here.”

“I don’t care… We can’t afford to be in the red since you are pregnant.”

“HUH!!!” the crowd uttered all at once.

“Congrats you two.”

“I going miss your bickering, but that is a small price to pay to see you two finally having a kid.”

“Have you decided on the name yet?”

“Idiot! How can they decide on a name when the kid hasn’t been born yet?”

“How about a town then?”

“We haven’t decided on which town we will move to… I am still waiting on feedback from the guild on the prices of homes in nearby cities.”

Heartsworth is a place for couples only. Pregnant couples are required to move out of the city six months into the pregnancy. I don’t know the reason for such a stupid rule and I have no interest in finding out, however, the sadness everyone is hiding behind fake smiles is obvious. This is clearly not something they approve of.

“Oi… Let’s have a party to celebrate… Why don’t you pay for it as thanks for the advice we gave you.” One clearly drunk guy said to me.

“Stop it dear… You have drunk too much already.” His wife uttered, but I didn’t mind. I had amassed a lot of treasure from those bandits.

“Sure thing. Everyone, drinks and food on me.”

“Yeah!” the crowd yelled

As I mingled with the now not hostile crowd, I learned a lot about this town, as well as stories and myths that might help me along the way. The only thing I didn’t account for is the headache I would have when I woke up.

“Shit… I seriously shouldn’t have drunk all that alcohol last night.” I uttered before feeling something soft in my hand. I squeezed the soft thing out of reflex and heard a morn.

‘Don’t tell me that this is…’

I quickly opened my eyes and found the goddess sleeping next to me.

THE GODDESS AND I ARE SLEEPING IN THE SAME BED! WTF HAPPENED LAST NIGHT?

12