chapter 22
380 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“This can’t be real, this can’t be real, this can’t be real,” I mumbled over and over as I banged my head on the floor.

This was my worst nightmare come true. There was no way in hell I would willingly sleep with that pompous, self-absolved, good-for-nothing goddess…

What was I thinking!? Wait… Maybe this is one of those cliché situations. You know… the ones where the boy misunderstands the situation.

“Mmm… Is it morning already?”

“Oi… What happened last night?” I asked the sleepy goddess as she woke up

“Hmm… What do you mean?”

“I am asking what happened last night? …Between us”

“Between us?” she asked with a puzzled look before realizing what I meant, “pfff… Seriously? You think I would allow myself to sleep with you?”

“Then how did I end up sleeping in the same bed with you?”

“That’s because I failed to kick you out of bed… The moment we entered the room you collapsed on the bed…  How inconsiderate can you be? Making a goddess like me share a bed with you… The ruddiness.”

“So… Nothing happened?”

“Huh? Are you deaf? I said nothing happened…”

‘Hell yeah!’ I shouted in my mind as I celebrated by punching my fist high in the air.

To think I would allow myself to get drunk again after what happened in reincarnation 26… Just remembering about it makes me want to cry.

‘Hmm… Is she still saying something?’

“Me? Sleeping with you? How can you come to such a ridiculous conclusion… utterly ridiculous...”

She is acting like she is all that… Whatever…’

“Hurry and get up… The sooner we get this merging done, the sooner we can leave this city.”

“It will be a cold day in the divine realm before I sleep with you.”

“Sure… Whatever…”

“This is the problem with virgins… They can’t tell the difference between fantasy and reality…”

“Oi… You are really pushing it.”

“I mean… If I had to choose between you and a goblin… It would take a while to tell the difference…”

‘You better hope we don’t run into a goblin…’ I thought

After an hour of her nonsense, we finally came down the stairs of the inn. The bar and restaurant downstairs were almost empty but despite that, there was a commotion.

“I won’t leave, you hear me? Tell that bitch to leave instead.” A guy yelled while clinging to the bar table as the two guards who welcomed us to the city tried to pry him away.

“Don’t be such a nuisance… It has already been one week. You know the rules, broken couples have one week to leave the city.” The female guard uttered

“Then why aren’t you kicking her out?”

“You know the reason… Now let go… You will make us late for our shift.”

“Just what the hell is happening here?” I unintentionally asked out loud

“Yo! Thanks for the drinks last night.” A guy called out to me. He must have been one of the people I treated to a drink last night.

“Hey… Umm… do you know what is happening here?”

“Oh that… Well… you see, his wife was having an affair with a married man and left him after the other man’s wife died.”

Heeh… His wife was pretty enough to have an affair, I am so jealous…’ I thought

“Isn’t that a bit suspicious?” Athena asked next to me

“What do you mean little lady?” the guy asked

“I mean, what if the guy was responsible for the woman’s death.”

‘Looks like we both had the same idea…’

“That can be… According to reports, the old lady died while asleep.”

“Old lady? How old were the married couple?”

“The man is 32 while the old lady was 78.”

“…”

The goddess and I both went silent for a bit before glancing at each other. If the answer to the next quest was what I thought it was then…

"She was rich, how did you know.” the man uttered to my question

“Are you kidding me? This is the oldest story in the book. I can name like a hundred TV series with this kind of setup… They are so lame.”

‘This idiot... she really did waste her time watching Tv…’

Just as I was thinking that, a girl barged in. She was really pretty despite her dirty appearance.

She rushed for the guy who was arguing with the guards and hugged him tightly.

“I am sorry… I am really sorry…” she cried

“What happened to you? Why do you look like that?” the guy asked but she didn’t answer. She just kept sobbing in his arms.

“Just what the heck happened here?” the guy next to us asked

“Isn’t it obvious. The guy she ran to was probably arrested for killing the old woman. Either that or the old lady’s wealth was a sham and she was heavily in debt. Worse case, both of my answers are correct but the odds of that happening are like one in a million.” The goddess uttered, and a shiver went down my spine as she spoke so casually.

‘Why do I get the feeling that she just raised a major red flag right now?’ 

I was right. 10 minutes before we left the inn, another guard showed up and explained that her lover was indeed arrested for murder and nonpayment of his ex-wife’s debt.

Looks like he going to become a criminal slave.

As for the girl who came barging in… After her lovers' arrest, she found herself painless and desperate.

There is no telling what will happen to her if she tries to leave the city without protection against monsters or bandits…

What am I saying? I have more important things to think about.

Was that a fluke or can this useless goddess raise red flags. I have already encountered red flag givers in my past reincarnations. Those idiots were worse than any demon lords I have faced. If i am not extra careful then this goddess will cause dangerous trouble for me.'

THE GODDESS MIGHT BE A RED FLAG RAISER AND I HAVE TO FIND A WAY TO DEAL WITH IT! WTF?

15