chapter 23
577 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The doorbell rang as we entered the store.

“Oh my… Aren’t you guys early?” The person greeting us is the lady who offered to merge the accessories.

“The sooner we get this done the sooner we can leave. We have companions who might be worried about us.” I replied

“Is that so? In that case, why don’t we get started?”

“Sure…”

The store was filled with clothing and jewelry of all types, which made the goddess act like a kid in a candy store.

“I want this and this and this and…”

“Oi… We are not on a shopping trip here… pick what you need and let's get it over with.”

“What are you saying? I can’t just pick without considering the necessities.”

“Necessities?”

“Does it go well with my hair? Or my eyes? Does it make me look fat or skinny? Does it…”

‘What is wrong with this woman? We are not the fashion police!’

“Fufufu… Understandably, you don’t understand the inner workings of a maiden young sir.” The lady said to me with a smile  

‘After 50 reincarnations, I like to think that I have a basic understanding… It just that, what I am dealing with isn’t a maiden but an idiot.’

“In any case… I already took the liberty of preparing something… Please have a look.” She said before dragging the goddess to what I assume was the changing room. 

'I guess I will look around then.'

As I looked around the store, I couldn’t help but notice a nice piece of accessory. It was a silver ring with a red ruby attached to it.

<Appraisal>

Name: Red Ruby of Luck

Will provide the user with luck. Will not activate if the user’s bad luck exceeds the ring's limit. Will not activate if the user lacks magic power.

‘Hmm… I wonder if I can use this to counter a certain goddess’s red flags.’

“I am back… What do you think?”

I heard Athena call out to me when she returned from changing. She was wearing a beautiful one-piece dress with a black belt around her waist. It is something you expect to see on someone during summertime.

As she smiled and waited for my reply, I couldn’t but wonder…

‘Are you kidding me? Did she forget why we are here? I did say that this wasn’t a shopping trip right…’

“Fufufu… You are speechless, right?” she asked with a grin

“You have no idea…”

“Then this will make you even more speechless…” she uttered before taking a dramatic pose.

‘Wait… that pose… Don’t tell me…’

“No need to fear. Athena is here… Transformation!” she yelled while placing a hand on the jewel necklace she was wearing.

There was a sudden glow from the jewel and the goddess was bathed in bright pink light. I don’t know how, but music was playing in the background and I could hear her mumble some self-righteous stuff about being noble and beautiful before finally revealing the adventurer outfit she transformed into.

“Slaying all evil in my sight… I am the adventurer, Athena.”

The pose was lame, the music was silly and the self-righteous speech was depressing but I have to admit… She does look like a real adventurer.

“Fufufu… Looks like even a buffoon like you can recognize greatness…”

‘And that ruined the mood’

“Can you add this ring as well…” I uttered

“Oh, dear… I am afraid that ring is not for sale.” The lady replied while that goddess was yelling in the background.

I ignored her and focused on the ring. I really wanted it.

“May I know the reason?”

“It is something that my father made for my late mother long ago.”

“I am sorry… I didn’t know…”

“There is no need to apologize. It has been a long time since her passing.”

“I see…” I replied before taking another look at the ring. “It looks well made. He must have been a skilled craftsman….”

“Not really… He was just good at cheating his way through life by making skills for himself.”

Her response struck my curiosity.

“Skills you say?”

As if understanding my meaning, she smiled and uttered, “He is well known as a master skill maker.”

‘Jackpot… who would have guessed that I would run into the daughter of the master skill maker in this town.’

“From the look in your eye, I take it that you wish to see my father.”

“If it is possible…”

“No doubt to have him make skills for your wife over there.”

‘Screw her… I am the one without a cheat skill because of that bimbo. I am here for me.’

“Unfortunately that is not possible.” She said with a sad expression, “Ever since my mother passed away my father was never the same. Like a mad man, he focused his entire life on his work. Hell-bent on making a skill that could bring her back to life.”

‘Oi… Oi… That kind of stuff is taboo. In my 50 reincarnations, not once did I encounter resurrection magic. Considering the first goddess said that people of other worlds have their souls reincarnated after they die, into other worlds. It would make sense that such magic wouldn’t work on the dead. The only thing such practices led to is the creation of the Undead. Mindless Zombies with no souls to speak off.’

“As you can imagine, this got him into a lot of trouble. He had to flee to an island that borders the west and east continent.”

“Eh?” I uttered in surprise

“Is something wrong?” she asked with a puzzled expression

“Actually… I am headed to the east content… if you don’t mind can I bother you to tell me which island he currently resides on?”

“Really? I will be delighted to do so, but are you sure?”

The way she asked that question worried me. If I had to guess, there must be a reason for him to settle in such a location. Most likely that getting there comes with some trouble, however, to have a better chance of defeating the demon king I will probably need the help of the master skill maker.

“I am sure… If you need me to deliver anything while I am there… I will be happy to do so.”

“Are you really sure?” she asked again

‘Shit… Now I am having second thoughts. For her to ask a second time suggest that there is hell waiting for me.’

“Oi… Are you still ignoring me?” the goddess interrupted

‘Are kidding right now?’

THE GODDESS AND I MIGHT END UP GOING ON A DANGEROUS ADVENTURE AND SHE WASN’T PAYING ATTENTION! WTF?

13