Chapter 6 A Long-awaited Dinner
210 6 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 6 A Long-awaited Dinner

 

A long table has been prep for six, Sin Sat on his throne tapping the armrest with his sharp fingers. His posture lacked, his lower half hanging off the throne as he waits. A fake torch crackled imitating the sounds and lighting of a real one. Storms broomed through the skies, no stopping in sight. Thoughts ran rampant in his mind, sad lonely thoughts reigned. Thoughts of being forgotten by someone he holds dear to. Sin shook those same thoughts away. Reinforcing his resolve in the person, "there is no way they would forget. I know they will arrive!"

Sin: "Any minute now."

After a few minutes, lightning struck near. The signal has gone off, Sin hastily rushed to the door swinging open two gigantic polished wooden doors. 

The weather was rough, a storm brewed outside swaying the trees below the mountain

The weather was rough, a storm brewed outside swaying the trees below the mountain. There was a heavy downpour almost creating a soothing sound hitting the mansion.

Sin: "Sir, you are here, come, it is nice and toasty inside."

A man in black with a female elf beside him sat in the rain but dry, like the water was scared to touch them. They are matched in outfits, her dress shined through the rain sparkling, consistent to diamonds glittering in the light. Her counterpart wore a dragon scale cape having the straps wrapped around his chest. Under the cape lay a black leather coat with long sleeves. To aid the style, a second grey longer, almost dress-size shirt is underneath the coat going down to his knees. To tie it all down, a massive belt tucked the clothes to keep them in place. The most prominent thing about him was his black tattered blindfold covering his eyes.

Rain fell around the two as the man and woman walked inside without a word, as soon as Sin closes the door a boom comes from the man in black.

Man with boom in his voice: "Sin, I am so glad to see you!"

The skeleton gets lifted off his feet from a hug from behind. The two guests didn't look a day over twenty.

Elf taps him on the shoulder: "Now honey, you don't want to kill him when you just got here."

The man in black releases his grip, letting Sin go.

Sin keeps pace with the man's energy: "Sir, I have been waiting for so long!! How have you been!"

Sin had the happiest tone in his deep voice, the man's blindfold glowed yellow.

Man in black: "I never been better, we only run into small problems like the gods watching us."

The elf relaxes, her body-altering magic wears off revealing her big belly.

Sin in awe: "By the gods, your pregnant, congratulations my lady!"

The blindfolded man shows gratitude: "Thank you Sin, and please, call us by our names."

He puts an arm around the elf pulling her close.

Sin: "Okay, Ash, Astrid, if that is the way you want me to address you then it is fine by me."

Sin suddenly over-encumbered with shame: "What was I thinking letting you stay on your feet, the dining room is this way, please come."

He leads the two to the dining room with an extensive table taking most of the room; Moon and Sun sat beside each other with the two chairs pulled out.

Moon eeps out: "You are the man and woman in the paintings."

Ash points out: "And you are the little girl Sin created."

Sin apologized on the behalf of his servant: "I am very sorry, she will not be a problem."

Astrid laughs it off, clearly in a good mood: "It is fine, she is too adorable to be punished anyway."

Ash and Astrid find their seats, next to the fireplace.

Ash: "Where is that behemoth at, Phantom."

Sun serves the food while Moon pours the drinks, Moon was more jittery than usual. 

Sun: "He is getting his armor shined down in the third level underground."

An elegant fire spirit tells them while instantaneously cooking the food when she is holding the silver platter. 

 

 

 

Hours go by

 

 

 

Sin: "Ash, I had such a great time catching up with you."

Sin enjoyed their company, showing great gratitude in his voice.

Ash: "Me too, how long has it been since we last talked, fifty years."

Sin walked them to the door, Ash gets an idea for the future.

Ash: "Hey, I know you set up the extra plates for the others but can you wait for a few more days? The group is scattered throughout the world and it might take me a few days to find them."

Sin: "Don't worry about it, I have nothing else to do anyway."

Astrid looks pleased walking in the arms of Ash.

Astrid: "I love it here, so quiet and calm, it is a great change of pace from the crazy city I have to deal with day in and day out."

As soon she said that a pounding on the door broke the calmness of the rain.

Sin gently guides them back: "Hurry into the dining room, I will make sure it is safe."

The two were guided back to the dining room by Moon and Sun. Sin puts on his scary face (even when his face can't move because it is all bone) and opens the door.

Sin: "WHO DISTURBS MY SLUMBER!"

He boomed his voice to be interrupted by a man on his knees holding a pint-sized girl in his arms.

Muddy man: "I have returned."

Once again the man was worse for wear, he had cuts all over his body and arms but the little girl remained unscathed. She was not hurt from the way here, just her body was being taken over by crystals. It took half of her body already. Jack stands, his legs wobbling from fatigue.

Sin "Come inside."

Sin's big heart showed letting in Jack and putting Ash in jeopardy. He laid his sister down on the floor as gently as anyone could do before completely tipping over. Ash checks in on Sin having Astrid wait in the room.

Ash: "Is something wrong?"

Ash sees the two people on the floor and Sin stressing out. He enters the room fully instead of just peaking his head in.

Ash: "Who are these people Sin."

Sin stammered: "They, they, are umm."

He forgets about lying to his mentor knowing full well how much he hates disloyalty.

Sin: "They are people who seek my help in finding a cure to this unknown disease."

He lays it all out, hoping Ash doesn't mind.

Ash: "Don't worry about it Sin, plus I told you to have an open heart in the first place."

Ash stands over the two humans in question, he puts his right hand over Jack.

Ash: "You are lucky I came today, not many people can learn healing magic."

His posture is powerful as he conjures his spell.

Ash: "Minor healing."

The cuts and bruises Jack suffered are rapidly healing, leaving only a tired brother and his sickly sister. Jack rises from the ground, a little woozy but okay.

Jack: "Thank you kindly sir, but I didn't come here for my well-being. Please help my sister."

Ash examines the crystal forming around her legs as it slowly engulfs her waist.

Ash: "Have you ever heard of the crystalized dire wolves?"

The name seemed familiar to Sin but went over Jack's head.

Ash: "No? Well if you look closely you can see fang marks on her ankle, the dire wolves have an effect that causes the person to freeze into a solid crystal and suffocate from the lack of air. They usually don't hunt people unless you venture far enough in the forest, they might become more daring."

The crystals slowly take her hips more, spreading at an alarming rate.

Jack pleads: "Please is there anything you can do!"

Ash thinks of one solution as well as another problem.

Ash: "Well I have one. Problem is, this spell is taboo, the gods forbid it, not like I care anyways. The main problem is the chance of killing the person that the spell is used on. For a person to learn the spell the chances of survival is a twenty percent chance. I've managed to get to ninety when I practiced every day. I'd give it a solid eighty percent, the risk is still there if you want to try for something else."

Looking for another option is out of the equation Sin examined the crystal.

Sin kneels close: "Sorry but this is your only chance, Jack. The crystal will take her body in less than a day."

Sin speculated how long she would have. He agreed without saying anything but a nod, Ash's eyes glow brightly.

Ash mustering all his might: "Dragon healing!"

Jack held his breath, the crystal slowly evaporated leaving her in a deep sleep. Jack shakes her.

Jack teary-eyed: "Sis, wake up, Maddy please."

The little Maddy slowly opens her eyes, she was sensitive to the bright light. Maddy sat up straight, still groggy but perfectly healthy.

Maddy squinty-eyed: "Jack, is that you, why are you crying."

Jack wiped his tears: "It's nothing, I am just glad you are okay."

Astrid walks into the room with Sun and Moon beside her as her aide.

Astrid: "Is it all clear."

Ash turns his head stretching his arms out.

Ash: "Yup."

Sun and Moon direct Jack and Maddy to the infirmary to check for other illnesses.

Ash grabs Sin's shoulder: "Sin, I think it is our time to depart."

Sin opens the door to a shiny new day, not a cloud in sight.

Ash: "Huh, we stayed that long, well time well spent I guess."

Ash walks down the steps to an open patch of grass.

Ash: "Gate."

A liquidy purple portal takes form, after a sec it turns into a clear portal.

Ash: "Are you coming, dear?"

Astrid fixes her hair before walking outside.

Astrid: "Body illusion."

She walks to Ash with a flat stomach, Sin catches a glimpse of the other side of the portal, a classy room with a luxurious bed. The two wave goodbye and head through the portal having it collapse behind them. The experience leaves Sin longing for more reunions. 

4