Chapter 1: Occupation
115 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Finally, in the year 2026, I graduated and our class celebrated. After our touching celebration for the end of our journey in university, I went home to the countryside for a couple of days and went back to the city.

It's been over a month since I awakened the power of telepathy, and while I was sorting out stuff for graduation and I was also figuring out how my power works and what to do with them.

First of all, I can turn it off and on as I wish so it's not always active. Also, it seems that there's a limitation or a drawback to it, there was a time I used my power for 8 hours straight to read thoughts and after that, I was mentally tired that my head was dizzy and it seems once it reach the limit it will automatically turn off.

One of the things that I also found out about my power is that I can only read the surface thoughts of a person, meaning I can only read what they are thinking at that current time with a limited range of about 7 meters, I suspect that during the first day that I got this power it wasn't as far as that, meaning my powers can still grow, but when I touch that person I can not only read their minds but also see their memories and in someway even control their minds! Of course, because of my moral integrity, I can't fully explore my powers like if I can alter a person's memories or erase them. I only tested it on some of my drunk friends, after all, to use my power fully I have to touch them and I already had some weird looks from them when I tried to touch them sober for a prolonged period so I only managed to do it once they were a bit drunk.

Back at my home, we had a small farm of pigs so I tested it on them, I found out that I can't read the thoughts of animals I mean I can hear some noise but it is barely audible. Their memories are also messy. When I touch them and tried to control them it didn't work at first but then I remember researching about professor x not being able to control animals cause of the language barrier. When I tried to control my drunk friends I remember I tried to first dominate their minds and then give them order, I can easily dominate the mind of a pig but maybe cause of the language barrier giving it orders didn't work.

Then I got so engrossed in it that I started creating memories for it, brainwashing of some sort, I created memories about following orders with signs just like what a dog does. I created memories and engraved them deep in its mind that the pig will know that I trained it physically when in reality I didn't. There were a few failures where the pigs went crazy which led me to come to the fact that if I mess with someone's mind then there could be a possibility of failure and this could happen. After a couple of days of hard work, one pig was successful! It basically followed all my commands like it's been trained for a long time. Again I didn't try this yet at humans so I'm still not sure if it works on humans. As I saw the pig following my orders I thought that maybe I could have a pet of my own that I could train.

I can also stimulate a type of emotions in them like fear or happiness when I'm touching them and while I'm still not sure about this cause I lack someone to experiment but I can simulate a type of lucid dream, that is where a person or I, cause I tested it to myself can become conscious while exploring a memory. Basically, I can now remember everything about my life like a video if I use my powers, heck because I'm aware I felt like I was reliving the past and though faint I can feel things even though I'm inside my mind, I'm assuming I can do it to others as well, getting them aware and relieving their memories like a dream but much more clear.

I can create my mind palace where everything I want can happen. It was hard to test it on other people though cause it's not like I can just use it on them and say "Did you relieve your memories?"

After roughly figuring out what my power can do, I decided to change course, I was supposed to take my apprenticeship for two years, but with my power, I wanted to do something else.

So aside from figuring out how my powers work I also searched what's the best job for a person that can read minds.
The best and most obvious is to be a Psychic! I want to be a mysterious gentleman. If I wanted money I can just play poker hehe I'd easily get a lot of money of it if I did. Of course, I don't need money, for now, If I was lacking though I could just go play poker or just use it in the most direct method which is using my powers to steal money however that's too dangerous. But if I pose as a psychic I can basically hide my powers and the majority of people will only think that I'm a hoax. I can choose who I should use my real powers and who I can just fool. This is to prevent suspicion that I can read minds.

Thinking of those mysterious guys makes me excited, I mean sure I can't read the future and see ghosts but I can see the past of a person and create illusions of a ghost, and more importantly, it can also serve as my practice, I can 'disguise' as a person that can read minds and test it on them.

As for my identity, I think I'm gonna wear a mask to heighten the mysteriousness of my act. Of course, I don't expect my identity to not be discovered. But who would believe I have real powers? Of course, I will exercise caution but I can just say nonsense about why I'm my psychic. Anyways I'm always known for being weird anyway.

As I was thinking about what to do my phone rang and my friend since high school called me.

"Hey Blake? What's up? Is the reunion gonna happen? It won't be just in our dreams right? haha" I said to Blake.

"Of course It'll happen hahaha me and the guys want for us to hang out before that, you know just a little boys night before we all disappear to all over the country haha"

Blake and I took different courses while I took architecture, he took civil engineering.

"Sure, when is it?"

"Friday, 5:00 pm be there fast. By the way when and where are you gonna take your apprenticeship?"

"Got it. I'm thinking of resting for a while, actually, I still can't get over how hard the last semester was"

"Really? Anyways, I heard Jackeline and the others already got a good offer and planned to work next month"

Jackeline was also our friend from high school that chose architecture together with me.

"Cause they are passionate as hell man, you know I'm not like that haha"

"Your passion is at weird things man, anyway see you Friday"

"See you"

After finishing the call I now decide to find a place to for my 'act'.

 

4