Chapter 2: Looking for a place
101 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Its Tuesday, I came through the business district of Rover city, Of course I just went to the edge where there are small supermarkets and malls and stuff. The rent of a place tend to be higher in the inner district. I also search through online for a shop.

I'm looking for a place where my shop can easily be seen and with a lot of pedestrian passing by but cheap. But as I walking asking question and browsing online I was shock about the price I mean I expected it already but goddamn its high. Because I spent a lot of money having a brain scan I was left with only half my savings, though because I graduated my parents gave me money. Still it was probably not enough to last me two months If I rent a shop in the business district. 

I don't expect for my for my shop to earn money fast, like any business it needs reputation and time. Well, worse comes to worse I can just go to a casino.

I gave up on the business district and was just circling around it, I ask others store as well about the price of renting and kept looking for cheap shop. About 20 minutes of walking I saw a three-story apartment building, a bit worn out but judging from how it looks, it is probably a mixed-use building meaning it can be used both for residential and commercial. 

I approached it, and once again I plan to ask for information, if the price is reasonable then I could consider this since its a bit close to the market. Truthfully, I also had an apartment near the university and if I remember correctly there are some mixed-used building there as well but I didn't choose to open there, first my target of customers are aunties and uncles, of course I won't deny students but usually in television and stuff it is a middle-age person that go and finds a psychic. Somehow I kinda want to my first customer to be one as well. 

Second, it is easier for middle-aged to believe my words, like I said I plan to use my real powers to some people and to others I'd just be pretending. Even if my customer goes around and talk about me being a real psychic the majority of people will just take it as some wife who is bored enough to believe that nonsense. The purpose at the end is just to fool people into thinking I'm a real psychic when I really am, but those who really believe, people will just think I fooled them hard.

Third and and probably the main reason is that, most of my costumers there will probably students. The majority of students issue are just hilarious. I can already imagine if I open a shop there, the majority of students who will come will probably ask question such as...

"Does she like me?"

"Why did he left me?!"

"Hehe plss tell her that I truly love her"

"How do I get her to like me?"

".....do you have something like a love potion?"

It's good to be young. Still just thinking of these things hurts my head, of course I would still receive them and treat them like customers if someone did come asking that.

I approached the building. The first floor apartments are obviously for commercial use, but maybe because business isn't good but only one of the place is rented with a sign that say, 

(Rainbow pancakes)

I seek the landlord or any sign that says "call me if you want to rent". Not long after I found it. I dialed the number and called.

A moment later an old rough voice answered.

"Who is this?"

"Hello sir, I just wanted to ask about renting an apartment for business use, how much is it to rent an apartment?"

"Oh you're renting? Then the first floor apartments are the only available for business use, if you want to rent one, it cost 6,000 zelo a month"

I was surprised, not because of how high it is but cause of how low it is. I got suspicious and asked why is that so..

''It's cause I plan to sell that place in 4 years,  its way past its prime anyway and business is small, I'm also old so I plan to get my retirement money by selling that"

So that what it was.

"So are you renting?"

Contemplating for a moment I decided to choose this place, its not that far from the market where a huge number is people is coming and going anyway. As for the place being sold in 4 years I expect I already have my foundation stablish in the area and have a lot of customers coming and going that I could just look for another place. Anyway this was only temporary. 

I plan to copy what other psychic do like rent a venue and open a psychic presentation to a lot of people once I'm popular enough.

"Yes, but I would like to explore it first"

"Okay then, what time are you free? I can get there at 1:00pm"

Currently its about 10 am, I agreed.

4