Chapter 5: Loss and first customer
86 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vrmmmm~~~

Vrmmmm~~~

Disgruntled, I picked up my phone while checking the time 1:37pm. I can guess who's calling. Picking up the phone I saw the name "Husband" that was calling me. Seeing this I put my phone on silent. As I open my phone there I saw my daughter's face as a wallpaper with an innocent smile laughing at the camera. 

I remember when she was born it was the happiest day of my life, nothing could compare. Seeing her grow just fills my entire being. And when I heard her say mommy for the first time I knew I had to be the best mother for her. 

I close my eyes and tried to remember her voice but time seems to make it fade. Tears welled up my eyes, the tears that I thought dried up poured out gushing once again. Nevertheless I slowly tried to pick myself up for my husband. 

After putting myself back I called my husband Nathan, he guessed that I was crying and consoled me, He encouraged me to help around the restaurants to keep my mind off things. I once again looked at the picture of my daughter, its been 11 months since she was taken from us. I tried to remember the accident but I shook it off as it will do me no good. 

I stood up to ready myself. After finishing I picked up the car keys and went to the restaurant. Along the way I can't help but remember that whenever my daughter is in the car we would sing songs together and laugh. She would fiddle her legs on the seat and sing. I stop myself to in trying to look at the backseat. 

I reached our main restaurant after a while. Its seems my husband was waiting for me at the parking lot as I saw him waving still in chef's clothing.

"Claire honey, you know the restaurant hasn't been doing well without you right?" He joke a bit seemingly trying to lighten my mood.

"Let's just go work" I said so with a weak smile. And so I put on my apron and work in the kitchen, as I working I keep remembering my daughter, every little thing about her. Taking her from us when she was only four year old I wondered if we were ever good parents. 

I wish she could taste our cooking again, I wish to caresses' her head once again I wished I could hear her say mommy once again. Because of my thoughts I eventually made a mistake. It was a small mistake though. 

"Hey, lets get out early today and do something" My husband Nathan suggested. He was constantly checking on me and trying to lighten up my mood. I'm sad that I can't just feel better like what he wants me to be. 

"It's okay, besides its almost rush hour, this restaurant needs you" I said to him. It was currently nearly 5:00pm

"Well okay, are you gonna check up on the other restaurants?" 

"Yes, like usual" 

"Then say hi to father for me...." Seemingly hesitating, My husband said as he leaned closer to hug me.

"Maybe... maybe.. its time for us to... have another go.. at parenting" 

Hearing that my mind was black, at four years old I lost my daughter, Was that what a good mother supposed to be? To let his daughter pass away before her?

"I.... I don't know... " I said blankly.

"It's okay, we deserve to be a family once again. I can wait until we become one once again and that time well do it right" He said while hugging me tightly. 

Then I went and change clothes, grabbed my keys and went to our other restaurants to check on them. As I was driving, I saw by the side a three-story building that is a bit worn out and at the first floor there was a big sign that says (Rainbow Pancakes).

Seeing this I recall that my daughter once urge me to get one even though her father and I were great cooks and can just make one for her, she said she'd liked to try other people's cooking but of course she said that our food was the best. 

Seeing the sign I stop and drove to the building's small parking spot and went out to order. It was called rainbow pancakes cause they have pancakes of all colors of the rainbow with different taste. I remember my daughter wanted to taste all the colors to it.

As I was lining up for pancakes I heard a conversation at the side from what seems like workers.

"I'm telling you it was real that guy was the real deal"

"Yah right, you said it yourself he got only 60% right about what you thought meaning that guy was probably just guessing and was lucky"

"No man, its different. It's like that guy can see right through me"

"Oh really? What the other readings like seeing the future or that relieving the past thing? Is that true too?"

"I didn't have the money to try those, especially that deep dive something, I used to doubt it but now he may be able to do that"

Conversation about something strange continues between those two workers. then a lady came and reprimand them.

"Hey get back to work lazy bums your breaktime was over a few hours ago stop the chit-chat. "

Then they went back to work. After hearing their conversation I was curios so ask the lady as I was ordering my pancakes.

"Oh that, Its cause a new store open up and its a psychic shop~ These guy went there on his break and was fooled into spending his money "

"A psychic shop? There's one here?"

"That's right it just right there to the right at the last shop. "

Curios after I got my pancake I walked to the supposedly psychic shop. I never believe in that kind of things but maybe.. just maybe... and so I walk toward the place not knowing what change it will cause.


When it was almost 2:00pm I heard the sound of knocking at the front door. Hearing this I immediately straighten myself. I activated my powers and tried to read the minds at the ones at the front door. As i did that I notice a small and almost transparent thing at the corner of my eyes. Huh, eye floaters I concluded and set it aside.

I try to not use my powers all the time otherwise I might gain a trust issue on someone if I'm not reading their minds. Then I heard a voice saying

[Is this really real? Let's what this psychic can do. *Sighs I should find a new job already handling pancakes isn't gonna take me anywhere]

Hearing this I came to conclusion that this was a customer! My first customer finally. Excited, I bring up my mask. The mask I've chosen to wear is just a simple white face mask with golden embroidery at the left side. 

After wearing it, I breathed deeply and went to the door. I opened it and said before the guy could say something

"I sensed one who is uncertain about his future. Come in"

And I began my "Act".

 

 

I completely forgot my thought process in writing this novel, so if you're confused about something, don't worry.. I am too. Hahahaha

 

 

 

 

3