Chapter 12 Winning
58 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I took one of the empty spots next to middle aged guy in his shirt with a loose tie on my right and a woman who dyed her here blonde to my left. The guy with the loose tie probably came here just after work. The game was just entering the river stage so I still cant join yet. I activated my power once again to see who has the best card.

Hmmnn reading their minds the one with best cards currently is a pair of A's it was owned by the fat guy across me, there is another pair of cards but it was much smaller. But for some reason he was hesitating then I noticed that one of the guys who was wearing a Pandora's hat who only had high cards seems to be bluffing them. Reading the mind of the fat person the guy with the pandora raised the pot even more even though he doesn't have the best cards. He's just bluffing and scaring the other players.

The fat guy lost a lot at the last round because of bad cards cause of that it made him careful so even though he has the best card he was hesitating whether to fold or not. Then again he doesn't know that he has the best card.

Two folded eventually and only the guy with the pandora, the fat guy and the person next to the fat guy who also had a pair of cards was playing, the pot now has become 2.6k. Once again the pandora guy raised another 400 zelo to intimidate the fat guy and the person next to him. The pot has now become 3k

He was calm when he did that. And reading the others players thought about him he has been confident after the flop stage. The chance of this guy having great cards is higher than he is bluffing they thought. Usually in poker if you raise then there's a chance you have a great cards if you check or call then you have a normal card. There is of course a chance as well that that person just bluffing but with this late in the game you have to at least have a decent card to continue raising.

Finally when it was time to show cards, the fat guy didn't fold at the last second and just match the bet made by the guy with the pandora, the person next to him also didn't fold. The guy with the pandora knowing his bluff didn't work was screwed. Ah screw it, he thought eventually he folded.

When it came to show their cards the fat guy won as expected. The fat guy then thinks that he had enough and managed to at least earn him 1.2k for tonight and decided to leave, now including me there are five players in the table.

A new round of game began and the dealer ask me if I wanted to join and answered yes. I take a deep breathe that I didn't try to conceal. I wanted them to think I was a beginner well I am but in a way this is to fool them and when I win for the majority of the time they would probably think I fooled them.

The game immediately began. The small blind was 25zelo and the big blind was 50zelo, then the cards was handed out, because I was next to the big blind it was my turn to decide what to do. The moment the cards were given to us my powers were already waiting to read what do they have. Reading their thoughts I was not so lucky in the first game, someone already had a pair of A's cards the strongest pair of cards. Still I continue on as I'd hope there be something after the first three community cards.

The guy with the pandora was the most arrogant as he thought I was an amateur for giving up this fast. He had a king of diamonds and an ace of clubs, both high cards. When it was his turn he directly raised it to 100 zelo so I had to match it then the first three community cards showed themselves. If your cards and the first three community cards still have no connection you can fold. My cards was 7 of club and 2 of hearts having no connection to the community cards therefore I folded. The game proceeded on without me.

Instantly the girl next to me, reacted, not physically of course but mentally, she has a 3 and 4 of both diamonds. And the community cards has two diamonds cards, there's a chance that she'll have a flush if even a single diamond comes out on turn or river stage. Anyway the game has only little thing to do for me. I read their minds as they were playing to learn a trick or two but all of them with the exception of the wanna be pro pandora guy is mediocre. Then again this is the small table so only amateurs come here.

Since I was not part in it it was boring. Finally the girl next to me had a flush causing her to win. The next game quickly started. I was the bigblind this time so I threw in 50zelo then the cards was handed out. My cards was 4of hearts and 5 of clubs. A bit good that they are sequential. The the pre-flop begins, nobody raised. Reading their minds I knew there was no one who hade a of pair cards. The community cards appeared, instantly the guy who was right next to me have already a pair of 2s.  As for me, there was a 6 of hearts in the community cards but the others aren't sequential to my cards nor can pair with mine and I already have low expectation for the turn and river stage so I folded once again.

"Hmnn he already folded twice already"

"Indeed must had have bad cards"

My friend discussed behind me with a bit of distance cause its not allowed to have an extra person next to you that's not playing. Still I was patient. Like I thought I can't win every time even when knowing their cards, I can only know when Ill lose but that's already great enough.

The game continued on and I was just a spectator. This time the guy with the pandora was the one that won by making the guy with the best cards fold through bluffing. Then finally at the third game when they were distributing the cards, luck was on me. I had a pair of 10s. I knew I had the best card already, but I didn't raise, that be to obvious that I have a good cards. When it was at the flop stage the three community cards that was place down had another 10 on it. Three of a kind I knew I already won. So when it came to me, because nobody raised, I was that one that raise and threw in 200zelo. I didn't put a lot of amount, just enough to tell them I have decent cards. But maybe cause they already know they don't have decent cards that one immediately folded it was the woman on my left. The guy with the pandora match my bet as well as the others guys. The turn stage came and the fourth community cards showed themselves. A pair of cards was formed and it was the guy with the pandora that had it.

It doesn't change anything though I still have the best cards. I raised another 300zelo. The guy with the pandora matched it once again, the guy right next to me folded but the guy across from me didn't. Then the last cards was shown and it was in no way connected to what they have. I raised it once again with 300zelo and at the end the guy across from me folded. Then we showed our cards and it was clear I won. The pot has turned to 1975. Excluding my own bidding I earned a total of 1125 zelo and the night was just getting started.

 

Btw I never played poker until I wrote this novel so I wasn't familiar with it yet when I wrote this so I skipped it a bit. I remember thinking that in the future I'll properly learn poker so that I could write better situation especially since this is definitely not the last time the mc will play poker.

4