Chapter 17: Meet the Crew
900 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I get out from the operation and give the last bow to Rhan-Tegoth before walking away from the room. There is no reason to insult a powerful being for not respecting him. I know that Rhan-Tegoth has already met so many dick people and got used to them. However, there is no reason to disrespect him for it.

I walk through the corridor and arrive at the Company hub, where Hermione is waiting for me.

"Welcome back, Riser."

"I'm back."

I smile at her before sitting down in front of Yuni while Hermione walks next to me.

"Congratulations on getting a new perk."

"Thank you, Yuni."

"Now you get your new perk, shall we continue our previous business."

"Please."

"Very well. You said that you want to take the mission?"

"That is right. The mission of defending the Elves village."

"Ah! Good good. This village is the village that already signed a contract with the company. They are willing to give their body and souls in exchange for protection. Either from a monster or another kingdom."

"I see"

"This mission is considered a Tier-4 mission. When you arrive in that village, you will be given command of three agents. The company wants you to make sure the village and the agents are alive but prioritize the village. If the agent decides to disobey you, you can punish them."

"I thought this was a solo mission?"

"Sadly no. Not yet. You can take a solo mission after you finish taking more than ten outside missions."

"I see. Are those people bringing their waifu also?"

"No. They have not yet fulfilled their contract. However, they have some experience in battle."

"Very well."

"Good. Do you want to accept the mission?"

"Yes."

"Understood. Please wait here for a few minutes. Then, I will inform your teammate about your presence."

~Twenty minutes later~

"They are the people that will follow you in the mission."

I see three people in front of the portal we can use to go to another world.

"The first one is Darnell, A dwarf."

Darnell is a man dwarf. He looks like your typical dwarf. Short, bulky, and has a majestic beard. He is wearing simple leather armor and holding a massive double-edged ax.

"Yo, lad! My name is Darnell, and my patron is Abaddon. Nice to meet you, lad."

I nod at him and look at the person next to me.

"That is Varun. He is an elf."

Varun is a tall young man. He is two-meter tall with light blue hair and purple eyes. He was wearing an iron chest plate, iron arms guard, and iron leg guard. However, unlike a stereotypical elven, his weapon is not a bow and arrow but rather a spear.

"Varun…. Titania"

I nod my head and decide not to ask the reason why he talks like that.

"Lastly, Kurata Kagawa. He is a human."

You know… I never thought I would see an Ugly Bastard that usually appears in hentai in real life. Kurata is not a really tall guy and is short even. He is around 145 cm tall. He has brown eyes and black hair.

He looks at me as if he looks at a r*pist. It looks like he is coming from the world where DxD exists. Even though I'm six and a half years old, I can adjust my appearance like other devils to make myself older when I'm going outside.

I waited for Kurata to introduce himself, but it looked like he did not want it.

"And lastly, this is your commander, Riser Phenex. He is a devil."

And what I'm thinking is true. When Yuni said my name, Kurata widened his eyes and growled at me. I have a bad feeling about this bastard.

I decided to ignore him and introduce myself to the others.

"My name is Riser Phenex. As she said, I'm a devil. My patron is Shub-Niggurath. This is my companion…."

"Hermione Granger, a reincarnated devil. It is nice to meet you all."

Yuni nodded her head before saying.

"As I said earlier, he is your commander in this mission. Obey his order, and if you are disobeying his order, the company will punish you, and you do not want to be punished by the company. Before you ask, no, he cannot falsely accuse you of your disobedience. His memory will be reviewed by the higher up before you get punished. Understood?"

"Aye"

"Understood…. Maam"

"...."

Yuni ignored Kurata, who did not answer her question. Instead, she nodded her head and looked at me before taking out a small bag from out of nowhere.

"This is the money the company owes you from the perk you bought earlier and also your id."

I take the money and card given by Yuni. I read the card and gave Hermione's ID to her, and nodded my head.

"Thank you."

"You can keep that money, by the way. You did not need to give it back to us."

"Understood."

"Good."

Yuni nods her head and steps back before saying.

"Then I will send you to Wilbur Whateley, the manager of Travelling in this company. He will be the one that sends you to the other world and will be the one that takes you back here. Sir…"

The man that stays silent the entire time nods his head and walks toward Yuni before saying.

"Thank you, Y41T. Now! Let us send you to your mission. However, before you go, I need to say that you cannot go back here without finishing your mission. The only way to abandon this mission is using a 1-use perk called Abandon Mission that you can buy. You also did not need to worry about the time. We already stop the time in your world to make you focused on your mission without needing to hurry up."

I nodded my head at his explanation. Wait! Now I remember where I heard the name of Wilbur Whateley! It was the name of the mortal son of Yog-Sothoth!

"Please stand on the altar. You will be teleported in a few seconds."

I snap from my thoughts and walk toward the altar. I take a deep breath and feel Hermione grab my hand. I look at her and give her a reassuring smile.

"You will be teleported in 3… 2… 1... "

13