Chapter 19: Storm
801 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I can hear a warcry in the distance, and I know the battle has already begun. I place Darnell as the captain of the vanguard. Varun became the leader of the shock and awe unit. They will be the one that attacks the monster in front of them using their weapon for a moment before retreating before the monster could land a hit.

Kurata Kugawa is also in this unit, but he is in the spare unit rather than the main unit.

The elves are already planting the traps in the narrow path near the spawn point, the thick forest, and lastly, in the clearing near the village. The only path that we have confidence the monster will take is the narrow path, and because of that, that road becomes the place with the most trap.

We did not know if the trap will work in the other place, but we hope it will work.

Hermione and I stand on the wall with the archer unit, ready to attack the enemy in the backline.

With seventy-five archers, two hundred infantry, I can see why this mission is ranked as a Tier-4 mission.

While I'm not really proud of the barrier around us, I am confident that the barrier will not break easily. However, I know it will break if it gets enough force attacking it.

*BOOM* *BOOM*

I snap from my thoughts when I hear an explosion coming from the forest. It looks like the monster has already reached the forest. That is faster than I thought it would be.

"Archer, prepare your arrow! Hermione, give us some sight!"

Hermione pointed her staff at the forest at my order, and suddenly a few thousand fireflies appeared around the clearing near the forest, illuminating the area. Ten minutes later, I can see a group of monsters appear from the forest.

The first monster that appears is a short green-skinned creature. I think they are goblins. Among those groups, there is also a wolf-like creature being mounted by the goblins. When they reach where the trap is located, they get blown up to pieces.

"Hermione! Activate your spell!"

"[Éclat de Frénésie]"

When the second group of monsters comes out, the bigger group, Hermione activates her spell that she already prepared around the area. After she said that, a few dozen Ice Spike appeared from the ground and stabbed the monster coming from the forest.

It continues to happen for a few minutes. Explosion and Ice Spike continue to attack the monster from all sides.

And when I saw some of the monsters successfully get away from all that, I shouted.

"Archer! Ready! Fire!"

As the monster gets closer, the archer next to me fires their arrow at the monster that successfully gets away from the traps.

"Keep firing! Weaken them enough, so the frontline gets an easy job finishing them off."

I create thirty magic circles above me and fire all kinds of spells at the enemy.

"Vanguard! Brace yourself!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~10 minutes later~

|Kurata Kugawa POV|

I knew it! I knew it! That bastard will stay in the backline and order us to die in the frontline. I scream as I see someone's arms being thrown to the ground near me.

I crawl toward the wall and shield my eyes when I see one of the wolves try to eat me.

However, before it could reach me, I see that bastard Riser get down from the wall and kill it using his fire.

"What the fuck are you doing?!? You are the captain of the second unit!"

"Fuck you! I did not agree to be ordered around by you!"

"For satan's sake! Did you not buy power from all your points?!?"

I looked away when he said that. The only thing I buy from all my points is a body upgrade… I increased the size of my dick to 3 inches.

"You… did not buy any combat-related power… did you?"

"Yeah! So what?!? I already killed people!"

"A human! You killed a person, yes! A normal, underpowered human! Fuck! I don't care if you did not have any power or not. Go back to the battlefield and earn your fucking points!"

"No! Fuck you! I will not follow your order! Go to hell!"

I ignore that bastard who shouts my name and runs away from the battlefield.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fucking hell. I know that bastards are bad news. Without anyone commanding the second unit, the formation will fall. FUCK!

"Hermione! Take the command of the archer! I will leave the backline to you!"

"Yes, master!"

I ignore how she is back at calling me master and run toward the front line. I conjured a bastard sword and shouted.

"Second unit! Rally to me!"

I cast a teleportation spell and teleport the most injured elves to the healing camp and create a barrier shield when one of the Cyclops tries to squash me with its feet.

With the second unit gathered around me, I create a fire whip and make the cyclops fall to the ground, and when the cyclops lay on the ground, I freeze its arms and legs to the ground.

"Finish it!"

Hearing my command, three elves jump on the ground and stab the cyclops in the eyes. I want to burn all the monsters away, but it will cause friendly fire, and I did not want that. That is why I decided to use a concentrated attack rather than an AOE attack.

I create ten fireflies and let them fly toward the Ogre and the Orc before detonating them. Both Ogre and Orc lose their balance and fall to the ground, and just like before, I lock their movement and say.

"Finish it!"

This time, Darnell finishes the Orc by cutting its head in one big swoop using his double-edged ax. Varun is the one that finishes up the Ogre by stabbing the monster through the roof of its mouth into its brain.

I nod at them and create more fireflies and let them fly toward the big monster.

"Get ready to finish them off!"

~Two hours later~

I stab the last monster and release a relief breath. I look around, and I can see that other people are exhausted from the fight. Some of them lose their hand but decide to continue to fight, and I respect that.

I take a deep breath and shout to the sky.

"OHHHHHH!!!"

The other followed behind and shouted as well. I look at the wall and smile at Hermione. She smiled back at me but even from here, I know she already spent most of her energy reserve. Even with two energy reserves, she still looks tired.

I guess teleporting and levitating the injured is really tiring for her.

Anyway, all of us walk inside the village, and I bask the cheer and praise the other people give to us. I can get used to this.

15