Chapter 31: Preparation
699 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I look at where we are teleported and nod to myself. The company did not teleport us into a highly-populated area and teleported us into an alley. I look at Hugo and Sakura before saying.

"So, what should we do first, cap?"

"Call me Hugo, please. Cap is a little bit much. Anyway, first thing first, we need to search for a place to sleep. Lucky for all of us, we get the identification perk and also a starting money perk. We should be able to book some hotel rooms."

"Why not rent a small apartment?"

"Mate, we are in Japan. We will have a hard time renting an apartment as a foreigner."

"Errrr. Did you forget that I can use my magic to hypnotize them, right?"

Hugo raises his finger for a few seconds before putting them down and says,

"Yeah, let's do that. We will use our money for food and drink."

"Yup."

"Good. Let's go. We need to confirm where the Grail is located."

~Five hours later~

"This is the location of the grail. If not for the mission locator perk, I would think that there is nothing here."

In front of us is a cave that a magical spell has sealed. The magical spell is so thick that you would think someone used it to seal a demonic spirit. However, because both of us are already buying a mission locator, we know that we need to awaken something inside this cave.

"We cannot finish this mission by grabbing the grail right now?"

"No. Never do that. Always do what the flyer says. I once got a team leader that was so lazy he decided to take the item before it was ready. That behavior did not amuse the company, and the last time I heard, he was still working for free as a miner in one of the agent mountains. I also hear from one of the agents that someone has decided to disobey the mission contract. Let say that he suffers for eternity and his suffering is bad."

"I see."

"Yeah, The Company is a harsh place, but if you work hard, you will set yourself up for life. The job is dangerous, but they also pay you well. However, I recommend you do not take the mission from the above C section yet. Listen to your advisor. While some of them are outright bastards, they know you the best."

"I see. I will take your advice to heart. Thank you, senior."

"Think nothing of it… I did not want to see another newbie get killed for thinking they are so powerful that they take a mission above their weight."

After he said that, I could see Hugo's eyes become devoid of any light. It was like seeing an old tired soldier.

"You have seen a lot, huh?"

"That I'm, Riser. That I'm. Come on. We still need to go back and make a strategy for this."

"Of course. Hold still."

I create a magic circle, and a second later, we appear inside our shared apartment. Our apartment is located on the northern side of Fuyuki, where there are not many people and far enough from the magus family mansion.

Fuyuki city is located in Fukuoka prefecture, not in the Kumamoto or Oita prefecture as I remembered. It was located in the northern part of Fukuoka prefecture, west of Kitakyushu.

"The other has not come back, huh?"

"Yeah. Riser, have you bought the Faerie Feast?"

"Yes."

"Then I will leave the cooking to you. I did not buy it, and my cooking skill is… bad."

"Sure, I don't mind."

"Great! The ingredient is in the refrigerator. There is also a basic seasoning in the cupboard."

"Wait, since when do we buy some ingredients for cooking?"

"I ask Sakura to store some food inside her scroll."

"Ahhh, got it."

"Good. Now, let us start talking about strategy for the incoming war."

I nod my head and sit down on the tatami and look at him right in the eyes before saying.

"What do you have in mind?"

"While I don't know what kind of servant we need to fight, but I know for sure there is a high chance that some of those servants will be different than in the canon."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm one hundred percent sure. I once took a simple D-rank mission into the Narutoverse, and boy do I see some shit."

"What kind of shit?"

"Some of them become gender-bending, some of them have different enemies, and some of them have more powerful antagonists while the main protagonist is dead. Can you imagine Madara having all bloodlines from Konoha, and all of them, for some reason, are stronger? Yeah, Madara has that kind of shit. Nara's bloodline does not control shadow but becomes a shadow maker, and Uzumaki's bloodline gives him a massive amount of chakra reserve that makes him rival a two-tailed beast in terms of chakra. Lucky for my team and me, our mission is to take a scroll from one of the ninjas in Suna. The scroll was supposed to be given to one of the ninjas in that world and invite him as the company agent. Sadly, that man died before he could open up the scroll and sign the contract, then get stolen by one of the ninjas. So, the company wants to have that scroll back. Unlucky for us, the man that takes the scroll is in the middle of a war against Madara and his army of resurrected ninja that he personally resurrected. Anyway! What I want to say is that never underestimate the difficulty of the mission. The higher up, many patrons want to see their agent struggle and get stronger from each mission. They also want some entertainment."

I nod my head at my senior explanation. Expect the worst, then prepare for it, and you will not be dead. Got it.

"So, what should we do first?"

"First thing first, we need to fortify this place. I'm a close combat specialist. The same could be said to Sakura. Sakura and I had a long-range attack, but it was not as good as our close combat attack."

"I can do that. Both Hermione and I are long-ranged and magic specialists. We will fortify this place. However, let's use a more subtle spell. Ugh. If only I could use my pocket dimension, I can ask the other wizard about warding."

"Oh, If you have a pocket dimension, you can access it. However, you can only do it for three hours per day and can only open it up four times. We are doing a C-class mission after all."

"Wait, I can access my pocket dimension?"

"Yes. You read the Allowed Power section on the back of the flyer, right?"

"No…"

"Haaaa…. Look, newbie. Always read the fine print. Did your caretaker not mention this?"

"No. She did not."

".... From which class is your caretaker from?"

"Class-B. Her patron is the Prince of Ice."

"Ahhh… I know it. The people from there have a habit of letting their agents have a hard time doing their mission. They are kind, but they like seeing their agent having a hard time because of insufficient information. They will give you important information but other than that? No. They will answer it if you ask them, but they will not be the ones telling you first. You are lucky that she is not from Titania. They have a nasty habit of leaving even important information."

"Wait, if they do that, their agent will likely die, right?"

"That is right. However, once they finish their mission, they will be rewarded with a bonus from the Archfey if you entertained them enough with your struggle."

"That kind of mess up, right?"

Hugo shrugs his shoulder and says.

"What can you do? I'm glad I chose Kas as my patron. He is a straightforward kind of person and only wants results. You have done your job, and you will be rewarded, anyway, back to the topic at hand. It would be best if you used your pocket dimension to take the person who can make the barrier here and close the portal. The timer will stop when you do that. Then send them back when they are done."

"Very well. I will do that."

"Good. I can also ask about the shinobi inside my pocket. I don't think there is a high-class seal master inside my pocket dimension, but there must be something they can do."

"Wait! If we can take some of our people from our pocket dimension, why can't we just take them and let them help us in this mission?"

"No, you can't. You can only bring one person from your pocket dimension in the C-rank mission."

"Bummer. However, we can take them here as much as we want, right?"

"Yup."

"Good. With this, we have at least a reinforcement. Who will you call here?"

"I don't know. If there is currently a famous Jonin inside my pocket dimension, I will ask them to come with us. A jonin like Kakashi, Gai or even Asuma. What about you?"

"I'm thinking of asking Tonks."

"Ah… Yeah, she can be useful with her bloodline. However, what about the barrier? Is she good at it?"

"No, but she knows an intermediate-level barrier spell. Hermione and I can enchant it."

"Good. After our base is fortified, we need to check the main character. We need to see if they are AU or canon characters. Also, check if there is another character from another franchise who decides to visit."

"Like crossover?"

"That or there is a character from another franchise of Type-moon like the Tsukihime series. I did not need for Altrouge Brunestud to come to Fuyuki with her pet Primate Murder."

I shuddered when Hugo said that. Yeah, let's not invite the True Ancestor to this city. Especially when that said, True Ancestor has a pet that can kill me in an instant.

"Understood. What about the Grail itself? How do we get the core?"

"Don't worry about it. The company already gave me a device needed to collect the core. However, we need to make sure to defeat Angra Mainyu first."

"Got it. After gathering intelligence?"

"We prepare. I don't know about you, but I need to summon my servant after all."

I nod at my senior, and I can see him pour an orange juice into a cup before giving it to me. Hugo fills his cup as well and raises it.

"For our success."

I smile at him and raise my cup as well before saying.

"For our success."

16