Chapter 47: Over
622 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I look at the preparation needed to summon the Greater Grail where Angra Mainyu tries to be reborn. After evacuating the Ryuudou Temple, Medea places down the lesser grail, Illya's preserved heart, in the middle of the magic circle.

Today is the day we will finish this mission. From what information we gather from the company, this Angra Mainyu will be partially reborn and have a partial divinity as he is already taking the divinity from his god counterpart.

"Get ready."

Hugo said it as the magic circle began to glow and shoot a pitch-black pillar. Coming from the black pillar is mud. A corrupted mud.

"Get away from the mud! Don't let it touch you!"

Even before Hugo shouted that we already moved away from the corrupted mud. While getting away from the mud, I cast a spell, trying to solidify it. I'm not surprised when I feel a high resistance coming from the mud.

Seeing there is no other way, I create a thick wall around the greater grail to contain all the mud inside. Hermione enchants my stone wall with her magic, and Medea creates another barrier around my stone wall.

A minute later, the pillar began to change. It turned into a weird-looking vase creature. I can see a silhouette of a fetus inside the creature. I can also see two pairs of eyeballs beneath the fetus. I guess this is what the company said by Angra Mainyu is partially reborn.

All the four eyeballs open up, and I can hear a voice coming from the creature. The sound coming from the creature is disturbing. It was like hearing a static radio with a boosted volume closely.

"Ị̸̢̦̦͂̒̾͝ṋ̵̡̳̭̼͓̮̥̻̠̜̬̎͐̈́̽̀͐̾̈́̂͊̑̐̑̕ ̷̧͇̙̭̺̪͍̺̣͇̞͈̣͒͒̓̀̈̈̈́̌͂́̈́͊͗̕͜͜͠t̷̡̲̳̖͙̝̑͊͝ḧ̵̢͓̲͇̜͉̬̺̻́̋̒̈́̉́͗̆̊̅̆́͝͝͝ė̷̛̘̲͇̟̫̏̏̃̕͝ ̷͖̫̐̈͐͛̉̄́͗͑̕ň̵̺̰̂̓͘a̷̱͓̪̝͉̒̑̃̄̓͘͜m̴̧̡̗̤̻̳̩̞̟̎̆̓́̎̃̄̅̾̏͆ȩ̷̨̜̞̭͓̳͙̝̣̳̇̿͜ ̶͈̪̩̳̥͖̯̲̳͓͉͕̮̾͆̀̽̔̊͘͝͝o̴̧̼͈͚͖̣̊͊̀̒͒̀͑̑̅͘ͅf̵̧̲̻̓̍̆͑̏̇̔̇̈́̂̇ ̵̡̻̘̬̥̱͓̰̫̹̼̰͎̝͇̀̿̒̎͗̇̓͐́̐̊͑̕͘̕Ą̵̡̫̦̱͖̏̽̉͜h̷̛̲̯͔̯͔̄͆̍͑́̅́̽͘̕͝r̵̢̨̮̭̣̦̺̙̹͔̍̀͊̊̾̏̀͊̀̃̽ḯ̵̢̥̮͎̱̱̦͙̼̙̝̰͇̠m̴̢̡̛̹̠̞̥͔̺̩͙̼͍͐͆̈́́̓̌͆͑̄̍̾͜͝͝a̶̢̹̻͈͔̼̰̥̿̔̑͐͑̈̀͑̊͌͜n̶̛̟͖̤̲̫̲͈̹̗͈,̴͖͇̱͉̹̻̼̣̾̈́͜ ̸̡̧̛̭̯̺͉̞̲̠͚̟̟̑̃͐̋͆̊̑̂̾͊̒͑̕͜͜͝Í̴̡̡̹̦̝̥̙͖̩͔́́̐͆͗̆͊̚ ̷̯̤̣͓̀͆̽͌c̶̛̛̯̩̖͈̹͛̏̾̃̔͜͝͝a̷̪̤͉̟͓̩̠̞̼͙͔͖͚͈̓̐̇̈́͐͒̌̒͌̈́l̵̡͍͖͎̓͊̏͘͜͝ͅĺ̸̞̺̭̀͐̐̏͒̈͑̚͠͠ ̴̡̛̣̹͚͖̓́y̷͉̘̥͇̖͕͋̽͛̂̀̒͗͆̐̆͊̐ơ̸̡̧͕͙̱̙̐̄ǘ̶̢̢̞̩̥͚̗͖̹͚̞͖͔͈͈̈̍̅̄̀͑͗̚͠.̷̡̳̙̰̟͙̀̽̔̒̾̄̎̀̓̓͐͠͝"

"A̶̭͓̖͙͇̯̞̯̻̝͂̉ ̷̧̛̼͈͈̠̘̝̪̭͚͎̄̀̋̏͑s̴̛͎̈́̃̉̓̅́̌͂͒̚͝ḛ̴̢̡̛̞̮̞̳͇̪̦̝͙̙͂͑͑͆̐̎͆̉̓̽̐ŗ̶̨͓̪̻̣͚͖͎̦͇̠̞̖̼͌̓̄̆̈́p̴̫͕̝̤͓̟͕͓͔̑̓̔̉́̿̑̑̄̑́͋̕è̴̺̚n̷̢̧͇̰̟̮̱̳͐̚ͅt̶͎͈̪͈̀ ̶̡̫͈͈͕̹͍͋ẅ̵̘̰͕͓̮̜͉̺̲͎̳̫́̇̿̇͜ͅh̷̞̼͎̱̆̏̓̌̎͆̓͆̀̊̋̒̀̚ọ̶̧͉̬̋̅̌̌̅̌̒̍̀̚͠ͅ ̷̧̧̨̺͙̳̱͍̞͔̳͈̮̿̿̑f̶̱̮͕͈̗͙̯̝̏ĭ̴͚̭̆ģ̵̨̢̖̹͕̻̫̪̮̮̰̖̝̫̍̇̔̄̐́̓̈͛̽̉̓̏͘͠ḧ̵̛̞̙̳͓̰̫̹͕́̈́̾́̈́̎̄̐̌͒͋̕ͅt̵̢̛͓̯̤͕͔̭͎̮̳̑̑̉̅̅͊͜ş̷̨̬̻̖͉̩̥̒̆̔̎̀̉͋̾̚͘͝͠ ̵̖͙̫̲̰͖̽̾̈́͌̎́́̊͋͐̍̓͝͝͠ţ̷̧̜͍̬͓̥͉̱͖̓̋̉͗̓̑́̓̃̿̀̓̑̈́͝ͅh̵̟̤̀̿̈͊̊̇́͂͗͐̊e̵̼͌̒̈̋̅͒̂̏͑̀̎ ̷̧̢̞͍͔̖͔̺̬̩͔̹͓̍̽̓͂̑͆͌̾̆̉̀͠ͅͅg̴͇̯͙̳̀͗̄͆̔̿̄͝͠ǫ̷͙̜͎̥̱͎̃͛̂̉̐̍́̄̏̉̉͐͂͘͘d̵̨͔̤̗̻͍̣͖̙̤͆͒͋̾͋̅̀s̵̹̫͎̼̒̆͂͋̃͘͝͝͝.̶̛͈̼̲͇̮̱̺̲̒̂͆̀̿̆̓̓͊̄͋̽̄̚"

"Ḟ̴̢̛̛̻̜͈̮̝̩͖̀̈́̃̈̌̏̓͐͆͐͜͝͝o̸̢͒̊r̷̫̻̥̦̱͙̈́ḃ̸̡̛̛̤͔̰͎͎͈͍͉̺̭̲̓̏̒̄͗̌̎̒̑͑͝i̷̘̪̰̭̣͆̄̍̏̀̐͗͌̄͜d̵͖̥̟̭̣̳̰͓͖̪̻͈̮͚͑͒̀̓͌̒͆̋͂̂̈́̏̚͝d̴̡̙̘̲̫̭̤͎͉̮̪͋͆̑̿͛͑̊̅ë̴̛͕̱͇̤͔̥͈̻̠̬͚̠̜́͋̑̄͑̏́̓͊͆̚͘͠ͅn̷̨͔̩̪̓̒̈́̾̃̽ͅ ̸̝͓̜͊͒̍̉͗͂̏̚͝͝D̴̮̪͎̭̤̠̉̌̋̄̐̈́͊͝ṟ̵̥͖̠̳̹͔̂̑̍́̓͘a̸͖̞̱͇̻̯̳̱̼̥̫͔͎̮͂̐̓̔̔̈̅̇̚͜͝͝g̴̡̛̛̜͙͍͍̤̗̭̜͇̃̏͊̑̽̔̾̉̉̈́̈͝ơ̴̳̞̒̾̓̏̃͝n̴̡̧͇͍̠̲͘͝ ̸̨̪̝̲̺̖̟͙̠̼͐̈́͑̉̑̈́̿̑̊́͊̍̀͝ó̴̧͙̦̙̠̲̝͎͙̲̳̃́͋͐̅̃͝ͅͅf̸̨͉̗͚̻̬̺̊͋͐́ͅ ̴̨̫̱̭̃̈́̊̃̋͐͗̑̈́͗̈́̃̐́ͅD̷̡̘̖̬̟͓̺͌͌̕͝ẽ̵̩̺̠͙̆m̴̨̳͔̭̥͉̦̟̺̞̪̺̗̽̾̎̈́̈́̑̾̂̓̏̎̆͊͋̕ö̴̞̝̫͇́̏̂̿̐͐͂̏̕͝ṇ̷̩̠͎̘̔̑̇̈̽̈́̑͋̾̈̓̃͋̀i̷̟͎̟̜̗͇͉̗͑̉̔̉͐̋̈͐͌̒̄͊͘͠͝c̸̝̥̍̊̍̓ ̶̗̗̩̬̬̖͉̬̱͌̅́̒̏̒̿͘͝͠Ơ̵̡̳̗͉̲̬̊̈́̓͑̽̄͋͒̓̄̌̆̕͝r̸̼͖̖̻̀i̸̡̧̝̠̱͇̰̖̠͈͙͎̇̇͒̈́̚͝ģ̴̬̪̞̳̟̬̫̖͖͉̀͆́̋̀̾̚͜͝͝i̸̢̪̔̊́̊͗̚n̷̫͓̖̪̿.̷̙̙͚͚̦͓̭̯̖̳̞̹͍̬̘̔"

"A̵̡̧͔̠̟͎̱̬͍͇̪͆̾̿͌͌̽̎͛̅͜͝ž̵͍̼̊͆̔͆̿͐͐i̷͚̤̤̰̻̱͕͔͉̼͎̫͔̳͋̓͐̊̋̏̒́̚ ̶͇͓͎̥̳̲̭͉͋̔̿̋̀̚͝ͅͅD̸̛͔̜̙ä̶͓͚͙̹́̈͗͂͗̈́̔̚͠ͅh̷̨̙̳͚̞̘̯̠͋͋̅̄̾̋̾̀͠͝ā̸̢̙̏̈́̂k̶̛̦̼̆̄͑̔̓̐̈͊͐̕͠͝a̷̢̲̣̲͊ͅ"

When the sound disappears, a gap appears from the sky and comes from the sky a dragon. A massive three-headed golden dragon.

"What is that?!?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|3rd POV|

The dragon descended and began to rain down a hail of golden fire from its mouth. The fire destroys the barrier that holds the mud with ease and lets it flow.

Seeing the incoming corrupted mud, Riser cast a spell that let the other step in the air.

"Up!"

Riser makes the other float and puts them down in the air before saying.

"You can make the air as your ground. With this, you did not need to worry about the mud underneath us."

Hugo nodded his head before saying his order.

"Archer, take the high ground and snipe that dragon. Shirou, you also do that. Berserker helps Archer take down the dragon. Rider, help the other take the dragon. Saber and Caster, help us take down the Grail."

After hearing Hugo's command, they begin to spread out.

"Riser, how long can you maintain this spell?"

"For a long time. You did not need to worry about me."

Hugo nods his head and begins to lead his group to destroy the grail. However, before they could get near the grail's real body, a giant made of corrupted mud began to rise from the ground.

"Saber! Sakura! with me! We will try to attack that thing from up close."

"Roger!"

Hugo and Mordred charge at the giant monster with their sword in hand while Sakura throws a dozen kunai with an explosive seal tied on it. Hugo and Mordred cut through the incoming mud with their sword while Sakura H detonates the explosive seal and creates a chain explosion.

A mud tentacle tries to attack Hugo and Mordred from the back, but before it could touch them, Riser, Hermione, Caster, Sakura M, Rin, and Illya blast it away. Sakura uses a basic spell Riser teaches her. Rin uses the spell she learned from her family library and her family crest, while Illya is a top-tier magus who knows many spells.

In the sky are other people fighting the dragon. This dragon is not a real dragon because the same dragon already exists in this world. A dragon that was created by Ahriman, also known as Angra Mainyu. Its name is Azhi Dahāka.

The Avenger did not have enough strength to summon the real Azhi Dahāka and decided to summon the imitation of the said dragon to protect it.

Berserker is the one starting the fight by mounting the dragon and beginning to beat it with his sword. While the dragon's scale is hard to break, Berserker's strength cannot be underestimated, and a continuous beating begins to break the scale.

*ROAR*

The dragon roared in pain and tried to throw the Berserker away from its back, but before it could do a flying maneuver, a long chain appeared around the dragon's wing and tied it up tightly.

With the dragon having a hard time moving, Shirou and Archer begin to bombard the dragon with their sword. Explosion after explosion keeps happening as Shirou and Archer work together attacking the dragon with their weapon.

When the dragon tries to fire another dragon's breath, Rider and her chain tightly close the dragon's mouth. When it tried to get away, Berserker held its tails and did not let it fly away. Shirou and Archer are already breaking the thick scale of the dragon, and they can see a dark flesh beneath the golden scale.

Hugo and his party almost finished with the mud giant. While it can regenerate continuously, it needs the corrupt mud to do so. The corrupted mud is limited as the Grail did not have infinite mana it can use.

It has a massive amount of mana that it gets from the leylines, but it was limited. Huge but limited. Not only that, but it also needs the mana to be reborn into the world. It cannot waste any more mana.

Because of this reason, the mud giant that guards the physical body of the Grail slowly gets destroyed by Hugo's party.

It cannot keep up with the continuous attack from all sides.

When it tries to cast any spell? There is a barrier to block it courtesy of Medea. When it tries to hit Hugo, Sakura, and Mordred physically? Riser and co already blast its tentacle before it could attack them.

This is the power of a fully powered servant that did not need to worry about their master mana reserve.

All of the masters in this place have a massive reserve. Rin and Sakura are the same. They are top-tier magus that has a huge amount of Magic Circuits inside their body. Illya's body is made of seventy percent magic circuits.

And combined it with their newly acquired Demonic Energy Core? They did not need to worry about being depleted anytime soon.

Hugo looks at the giant and sees it is time to finish the fight. The mud is already gone from the ground, and this giant is on its last leg.

"Mordred, finish this thing."

"With pleasure!"

Mordred takes off her helmet and shows the world her beautiful face and also the battle manic grin on her face.

"Prepare and behold!"

"Take all the hatred! The hatred for my perfect father!"

"Clarent! Blood Arthur!"

A red sword beam sliced through the mud giant and even cut some of the true body of the Greater Grail.

Seeing the giant has been defeated, Riser looks to the sky and sees that the servant fighting the dragon also successfully kills it. However, he can see Shirou already losing breath from firing that much sword.

After killing the dragon, they descend and land next to Hugo and Riser.

"So, Hugo. How do we defeat this thing?"

"Weaken it enough for me to fire this."

Hugo takes out a small gun from his pocket. The gun is small, tiny. It was not even half the size of Hugo's palm.

"That means we need to bombard it with anything we got, huh?"

"Yup."

"Fair enough."

"We cannot touch that thing, though. It was still a corrupt grail, after all. A servant will side with that thing if the servant touches it. Attack it from afar."

"Roger."

Hearing what Hugo was saying. The long-ranged fight begins to take out their weapon. Mordred decides to unleash her noble phantasm once again. Archer and Shirou take out their most powerful weapon in this situation, Caliburn. Medea already summoned at least one hundred magic circles of her stronger spell. Riser already condenses his demonic energy and is ready to fire it like a flamethrower.

The rest of the people decide to stay back and prepare if the Grail is summoning an enemy.

After a few seconds, a massive explosion happened. All the attacks are released simultaneously, and it creates a massive explosion with rainbow color, from Golden to Red.

Seeing massive damage being dealt with the grail, Hugo fires up his gun. However, instead of firing ammo, a portal opens up near the grail. I widen up my eyes when I see that familiar-looking portal. Hugo also knows about that portal.

"Everyone! Don't look at the portal!"

Without questioning his order, the other servants look away from the portal, including Riser.

"Who is the one coming here? I know it was one of the patrons from Class-C."

"Azathoth. Each Class has a crafter. They are the ones that handle the crafting of high-level perks. It looks like Azathoth is the one getting this material."

"I see."

While Hugo and Riser only feel a small amount of pressure from Azathoth as they are the company's client, the others have a  different feeling. They feel as if an invisible pressure crushes their entire being. Even their souls in the Throne of Heroes feel it.

Lucky for them, it only lasted for twenty seconds. If it were more than thirty seconds, the world would absorb the madness, and Azathoth would corrupt the planet.

After twenty seconds, the portal closes up, and both Hugo and Riser get a notification on their phone.

|Congratulations on completing the mission!|

|You have two days before you get teleported to the hub. Anyone that is not bound by the contract needs to be transported to your pocket dimension or stay in their world first before you can bring them to your base world.|

|Your reward will be transferred shortly|

With that, their mission in Nasuverse is over.

15