Chapter 55: Interlude
862 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|Odin POV|

"Grab her before she could get away!"

"Yes, sir!"

I rub my head as a headache starts to hit my head as I see one of my valkyries go on a rampage. The reason? Beowulf's descendant has been found.

Why, oh why do all of my Valkyrie have an obsession for one man?

Brynhild is obsessed with Sigurd and willing to hunt down every descendant of the said man to either marry them or kill them. One of the two.

Gunnhild, the so-called witch of Scandinavian obsessed with Eric Haraldsson, also known as Eric the Bloodaxe, to the point she was willing to kill herself when Eric died.

Then there is Sketha. She is obsessed with Beowulf, who beat her in the past, and right now, she vows to hunt down all of his descendants and challenge them to battle, and until she can win against them, she will continue to hunt them.

Sadly for her, Beowulf did not have any descendants. I already confirmed it.

I think Shirou Emiya found the sword from somewhere, and the sword approved him as his master. Why can't I get a normal Valkyrie? Either I get a Valkyrie obsessed with a man or a Valkyrie who cannot get herself a boyfriend or husband.

I'm nothing but a good pervert god! I did not deserve this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|Lugh POV|

"Hmmm. I don't know Beowulf has a descendant."

I look at Dagda before shaking my head and saying.

"No, he did not. The Nordic Pantheon has… a weird Valkyrie. Most of their hero's descendants died before they had a child of their own or were killed by the Valkyrie. I know their job is to guide a hero to Valhalla, but they do it by killing the said hero."

"Heh, I wonder if that old pervert has a headache right now. I think there is one Valkyrie who is obsessed with Beowulf."

"Really?"

"Yes. Do you want to help your descendants?"

"No…"

"You can't hide it from it, Lugh. You want to help him. You want to make up for your son by protecting his descendant, right?"

"Yeah, I guess you are right. I'm not a good father to him."

"Heh. Even though we are God, we make mistakes. If you look at it from a different view, we are no different from a human. We are a creature that is full of mistakes even with all the power we have."

"You know, if you keep this up and do not get drunk most of the day, you will get your title as a wise god once again."

"Never! You will not separate me from my booze!"

I shake my head and release a sigh. Many people did not know it, but Dagda is a God of wisdom and knowledge, but it only appears when he is sober. Sadly, seeing him when he is sober is like searching a needle in a stack of hay.

Not impossible, but it was rare.

"Anyway, you should do it fast because Morrigan is already gone."

"What?"

I look around and see Dagda is right. Morrigan is already gone.

"She also wants to make up for her mistake to CuChulainn or at least his descendant. She tried to do it to Connla and his spirit inheritor, but all of them are either leaching at her and trying to sleep with her or want to use her as a tool. That is why she wants to make up for her mistake by helping the descendant of Setanta's other son. Unfortunately for her, she cannot find them."

"I just hope she did not cause any more trouble."

"Oh, before you go. It would be best if you went to the Shadow Realm. There is someone that also wants to meet the descendants of Setanta."

Oh yeah, her. A witch who achieves immortality by killing a god. The mistress of the spear and the teacher and possibly a lover to my son. Her name is Scathach, the Queen of the Shadow Land where the monster resides.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|Viktor Riandel Dantalion POV|

I'm really glad my father decided not to challenge the Phenex clan. Not only did it kill any good relationship with the Phenex Clan, but there is also a chance of them being defeated, and I can say that they are being defeated by Riser Phenex no less.

I now know why Lord Phenex agreed with his son to participate in this rating game and let him fight in this game. He already knows his son, a peerage member capable of beating the other competitor.

Then there is also how you will be an enemy of the Gremory family and even lord Lucifer himself. By winning the Rating Game, the winner will be forcing the Gremory Family to give up their heiress, and the Gremory family is known as a clan that protects their family.

While they cannot break the engagement, they can make the other family suffer. Be it through political maneuver or even a physical method.

Then there is also Lord Lucifer. He is a well-known siscon, and by forcing his sister to marry you, you will become the enemy of the strongest devil in the underworld.

I don't want that, and my father agrees with me.

Even with the consent of the Gremory family, the challenger also needed to defeat Riser Phenex first.

A single pawn alone can defeat all the pawns of Zepar's heir with ease. That is a hard feat to achieve, and I feel that Shirou Emiya still has a hidden trump card he did not use.

I wonder what it was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|Serafall Leviathan POV|

I look at the arena with interest. I never thought that the underworld would have both Gae Bolg and Hrunting in our possession. Well, temporary possession as when Shirou Emiya died, we need to return it to the respective pantheon or be passed down to his descendant if the weapon accepts them.

"It looks like your son picked up a jackpot, lord Phenex."

"Yes, he is, Lady Leviathan."

Urgh. I hate hearing people calling me a lady that, lady this. I want people to call me by my given name.

"Hmmm. Do you think your son is willing to lend him to me?"

"What for?"

"To do some diplomatic missions to the Celtic and Nordic pantheon. With him here, I have a good feeling we can forge a stronger bond with the Nordic pantheon and have a trade agreement with the Celtic pantheon."

"I see. Sadly, I cannot guarantee he is willing, but I can say a few words to Riser for you."

"Thank you. I think I can also talk to him myself in a month where my schedule is not as tight as it is now."

"I will inform him about your visit, then."

"Thank you."

Riser Phenex, huh. I wonder what kind of person he is that even the Strongest Satan himself agrees to give his beloved sister to him. Even Sona, who is a shy girl, speaks brightly of him, saying something like 'He cooks yummy food!' and 'He is good at telling stories!'.

While Sirzechs approved of him, I did not. I'm not willing to give away my So-tan!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Can you still fight Shirou?"

I see Shirou nod his head and say.

"Yes. I still have enough reserve to fight."

Before I could say anything, Rin decided to interrupt me.

"I think Shirou should forfeit for the next fight. He already showed two legendary weapons, and not only that, the enemy already knew about the magecraft Illya made for him. I think it is time to switch."

I slowly nod my head. Yeah, that makes sense.

"Very well. Shirou, you stay, and Sakura, prepare to fight in a few minutes."

"Understood."

15