Chapter 57: Rating Game (VI)
659 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Congratulations, Sakura."

I congratulated her and let her sit down next to Shirou and Rin.

"Thank you. Truthfully, she is not too difficult to defeat. Her defense is not as good as Medea-san."

"Yes. However, don't get cocky. Katarina is their healer, after all. She is not supposed to be their fighter. Their next Bishop is the one you should watch out for. Her name is Isabelle Lindholm. She is the apprentice of Nathalie that Shirou fought earlier. She can cast more than thirty spells at the same time. She also has a large amount of demonic energy from her piece and her ancestor."

Sakura nodded her head before saying.

"Understood."

"Good. Is there anything you need before you go back to the arena?"

"No. I still have a Caladbolg and Hrunting Senpai given to me. My reserve is also in good condition."

"Good."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|3rd POV|

Five minutes had already gone by, and Sakura once again stepped onto the stage. Karnelly looks at the screen with an intense expression.

"Karnelly, do you think that plan will work?"

"I don't know Jiang Chen. I don't know. Isabelle is a bishop and a magician. She cannot fight her in a close combat fight. She can only attack her from her blind spot or overwhelm Sakura with many spells. That is how the Abaddon clan's power works. Either you attack them from an angle they did not notice or overwhelm them, so their hole does not work."

Karnelly looks at the screen and sees Sakura and Isabelle teleported to a ghost town. Seeing the arena, Karnelly couldn't help but feel a little bit of hope inside his heart. This is a perfect arena to defeat Sakura.

He believes Sakura defeated Katarina because of the surprise factor. She is not prepared to fight against someone other than Shirou.

"... Fight!"

Karnelly snaps from his thoughts when he hears the fight is started.

The fight started with Isabelle teleported a kilometer away from Sakura. When she is far away, Isabelle creates thirty magic circles and begins to bombard Sakura from a distance. Isabelle can't cast more spells like this, as she decides to use her other magic circle to make an emergency spell.

Seeing the incoming attack, Sakura decides to dodge the attack while leaving a portal to absorb some of the spells. While she can use her senpai weapon as an attack, she cannot use them all. As Riser said, she needs to hold a few trump cards close to her, and he means by a few is a dozen of them.

As she dodges the first wave of attack, Sakura looks at the distance between her and Isabelle. She can use her portal to attack from here, but she knows that her attack is not fast enough to hit Isabelle.

Meaning she needs to place her portal at the blind spot of Isabelle, but right now, she cannot do that. Their distance is too great. Sakura needs to attack Isabelle from her blind spot and do it with her most powerful attack to finish Isabelle with a single attack.

That is the reason why Sakura flies toward Isabelle and continues to counter, block and dodge all the incoming attacks.

As for Isabelle, she did not know what Sakura was planning. She knows that Sakura is a long-ranged fighter like her, but by looking at Sakura flying toward her, she knows that her opponent wants to do a close combat fight.

She cannot allow that.

She created five massive magic circles and five creatures coming from the magic circle a second later. They are a golem made of a special metal that can only be found in the underworld. They are her most prized creation.

The golem has the shape of a dragon. A western dragon, to be exact. It has a metallic black scale and has a red marking around its chest. Its eyes are colored blood-red and look more like a gas rather than an eye.

Sakura can feel the overwhelming power the dragon releases. She can also feel it was not only a regular golem as she can feel a familiar feeling of a dragon inside the golem in front of her.

"What do you think? This is my greatest creation! The golem was created using the essence from a dragon willingly given. While this golem is not the real dragon, it is close to it."

Sakura perks up when she hears Isabelle just revealed the weakness of her golem. She dodges the first dragon that fires a massive fire toward her by teleporting away. Sakura releases all the blue thread given by Illya and creates six hawks before ordering them to get the dragon's attention in front of her.

She needs some preparation.

Isabelle looked at Sakura, who was murmuring something, and felt something bad would happen, but she did not know what. She looked around, and she did not notice anything, meaning that Sakura wanted to cast that weird, powerful laser spell.

She orders her dragon to ignore the weird bird and attack Sakura.

Hearing Isabelle's order, two of the dragons fly toward Sakura, who has already finished her chant. Ten magic circles appear above her, and a second later, the Rain of Light being fired from the magic circle.

*BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM*

Explosion after explosion happening in quick succession and creating a smoke of dust. A few seconds later, the spectator and Isabelle open up their mouths in shock. A dragon that can be considered a High ranking creature has been defeated.

One of the dragons had a hole in the middle of its chest and slowly crumbled to the ground.

"I see. That's how she did it."

In the VIP section, Ajuka Beelzebub nodded in understanding. He almost did not see it, but his eyes caught the way how Sakura destroyed the dragon golem.

"Juka-chan~ Tell us what you are thinking! You are already murmuring something for a minute! If I did not know you, I would think that you are cursing someone."

"Ah. Sorry about that, Serafall. I was just fascinated by how Sakura killed the golem dragon."

"Hmmm?~ What about it? She uses a powerful spell to punch through the dragon scale, right? I can do that!"

"No. It was not that simple. The spell she used is a cover-up. The real damage dealer in that fight is the attack that comes after that."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

Before Ajuka could say anything, Sirzechs beat him to it.

"Sakura opens up her portal and fires something from the portal. I did not know what it was, but it was one spell and nothing more."

Ajuka nodded at Sizechs explanation before saying.

"Yes. The previous spell is used to weaken the dragon's scale, and the second attack is the one used to make a hole on the dragon's body."

"Ehhhh~ What kind of spell can pierce through the scale of a dragon? Even though the previous spell weakened the scale, the dragon's scale is tough to break after all."

"An anti-dragon weapon."

"Weapon, huh~ Wait, weapon?"

Ajuka looked at Serafall and nodded his head before saying.

"Yes. It was Hrunting. It looks like Shirou Emiya lent her Hrunting. That is the only logical thing I can think of. Hrunting is a known weapon that can pierce through Grendel's scale without a problem. I cannot think of anything that can pierce through the dragon's scale with a single attack other than that."

Serafall nods her head and looks at Sakura with interest. She is impressed by what Sakura did. Sakura did not just overpower her opponent to win the fight. She uses her brain and Serafall like that.

'Hmmm, maybe I can invite her to join me on my filming day? Sakura-tan! The purple magical girl! Yes. What a beautiful sidekick she will be.'

While Serafall dreams about turning Sakura into her sidekick, Sakura already kills another dragon using her same trick.

'Twenty-three Hrunting left inside my imaginary space,' Sakura thought before looking at Isabelle, who had a mental breakdown. 'Let's finish this. I already use quite a lot of reserve. Medea-san's spell really takes too much of my reserve.'

Sakura nods her head before flying toward Isabelle and her dragon. While flying, she continues to chant her spell. This time, she wants to do something big.

Seeing Sakura coming at her, Isabelle begins to panic. She thought that her dragon would be a sure key to winning this fight, but it looked like it was not the case anymore. She calls back her dragon and orders them to protect her while she fires her spell toward Sakura.

However, instead of dodging left and right, Sakura descends to the ground and uses the building around her as a cover.

"Tch. Where is she… There!"

Isabelle fires her spell and hits the building, and creates a massive explosion knocking the building down. Sadly for Isabelle, Sakura already got away from that building and teleported to the other building while keeping her chant.

'Five more minutes, ' Sakura thought while hiding from Isabelle.'Just five more minutes.'

This is a risky move. Sakura uses Isabelle's mental breakdown to make her afraid of sending her dragon away from her. However, Sakura knows that Isabelle will see this and will send her dragon away.

And true to Sakura's thinking, Isabelle sees what Sakura wants to do and decides to send her dragons away.

"Attack her! Don't let her finish whatever she is chanting!"

At her command, the three dragons fly toward Sakura and destroy a few buildings in the process. While Sakura knows that this is bad, this is also an opportunity. With the dragon chasing after her, Isabelle is wide open and easy to attack.

With that in mind, Sakura begins to change her direction. From running around in a circle to running toward Isabelle. While still chanting, Sakura summons her portal and begins firing all the spells inside her portal.

From the spell, Isabelle fired to the spell that Medea-san fired in the past.

Isabelle gets into a defensive when she gets bombarded by more than thirty spells each second. She already created a barrier around her and hoped her dragon could quickly defeat Sakura.

As for Sakura, other than firing her spell through the portal and chanting, she also wasted her teleportation spell from Medea-san to dodge the dragon.

After five minutes of dodging, Sakura smiles a little before using all the teleportation spell Medea-san gives to her. Her destination? Sky above.

After using the last teleportation, Sakura was now five hundred meters above the ground and pointing her staff at Isabelle. A second later, twenty magic circles appear around her.

A second later, a laser of doom begins to fly toward Isabelle. However, unlike before, this magic circle did not stop after firing only one light of destruction.

Isabelle knows that she cannot hold it much longer and decides to call her dragon to hold the spell coming at her while preparing a spell that teleports her away from the current location. As her dragon blocks the spell, she begins to prepare her teleportation spell.

However, before she could finish her spell, her dragon was obliterated by Sakura.

When Sakura said she wanted to do something big, she meant it. She used twelve of Hrunting to kill the three dragons in her way and obliterate the barrier around Isabelle using the Rain of Light spell.

With that, the fight is over.

15