Chapter 60: Rating Game (VIII)
615 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You know… I thought I said to do something that would entertain the audience, right?"

"I-It is not my problem! I never thought they are this weak!"

"I know. I know. I did not blame you, Rin. Don't worry about it."

I chuckle a little before looking at Illya, who is preparing to fight against the next opponent.

"Illya, are you ready?"

"Of course!"

"Do you… really want to use your newest creation?"

"Yup~ I want to test it!"

I sigh a little before nodding my head.

"Very well. Just be careful, okay?"

"Of course"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|3rd POV|

Many people are worried when they see who is the one fighting. When they see Illya walk to the stage, they are worried. In their eyes, she is a small child, but they did not know she is the second oldest person in Riser's peerage.

The same with Jacob in front of Illya. He looks at Illya in pity, and that makes the white-haired girl annoyed.

Illya knows that she is a short young woman but hearing the others think of her as a little girl is insulting. Of all the modifications her grandfather did to her, this is what made her hate him. Can't he make her body grow?!?

"... You will be teleported now!"

Illya snaps from her thoughts when her surroundings change into what looks like a ruin of a castle.

"The fight will begin at 5! 4! 3! 2! 1!"

When the countdown is finished, Jacob immediately charges at Illya with both of his hands ready. When he arrives in front of Illya, his hand suddenly gets bigger and bigger before it descends toward Illya.

However, before it could hit her, a dome made of blue thread appeared around her blocking the incoming attack.

Jacob takes back his arms and clicks his tongue. It looks like he cannot break the barrier using his sacred gear. At least not if it was in its base state.

This sacred gear manifests as a pair of leather gauntlets made of various plates that envelop the user's arms. These gauntlets can vary in appearance and color based upon the giant type they were modeled after but by default appear to be simple green ones that go up to the user's elbow with faint gold inlay. These gauntlets were made to emulate the power of the various giants throughout myth. When called forth, they provide their wielder increased physical strength similar to the boost a person imbued with a Rook Evil piece would get. The gauntlets can increase in size and, in turn, proportionally increase the wielder's strength, with the sizes achievable being able to be increased with training.

The last owner of this sacred gear is Goliath, who David defeated.

Seeing Jacob jump away from her, Illya decides it is time to test her newest creation. She flares out her demonic energy, and suddenly a massive shadow appears behind her. The shadow begins to take a form, and it forms a rather familiar shape.

A few seconds later, a hulking man stood more than two meters tall behind Illya. He has dark skin and is only wearing small armored pants. The black giant also holds a massive slab of stone in the shape of an ax-blade.

This man is a Berserker, also known as Heracles. The most well-known Greek Hero. At least in the Nasuverse. In here? The people did not know about this figure. The only thing that they can think of when they see this creature is 'Mad Warrior.'

Berserker put down his left hand and let Illya get on it. He then lifted her up to his shoulder and let her sit down on his shoulder.

This is Illya's newest creation. A replica of her beloved berserker. It has the same durability as her beloved berserker and the same explosive power he has. The only thing she cannot replicate is his God's Hand. At least not fully.

She can replicate some of the features of God's Hand, like resurrect her beloved servant once he dies. However, unlike God's Hand, this ability cannot nullify the attack that killed him, but rather, it weakens the attack by eighty percent.

She can only achieve this feat with the help of Medea, Hermione, Riser, and Rin. Medea and Hermione are the ones that help her with the rune and spell needed. Riser provides Illya with a little bit of his blood. Lastly, Rin provides her with her expertise in Gemcraft.

After two months of constant research and crafting, Berserker 2.0 is born.

"Berserker! Attack!"

"▂▂▃▃▄▄▅▅!"

After Illya said that, Berserker was unleashed once again.

Berserker appears in front of Jacob in a blink of an eye, swings his sword at Jacob, and hits him with the blunt side of his sword. Jacob barely had enough time to raise his hand to block the incoming attack. The impact is strong enough to make him fly to the wall far away behind him.

*BOOM* *BOOM*

Jacob destroys two pillars after flying through them and creates a massive spider-like pattern on the wall behind him.

"Argh. Dear Satan… that attack alone almost broke my bone in a single swing, and I'm a rook in the group."

Jacob slowly gets up from the ground, but before he can do that, Berserker appears in front of him once again and swings his weapon once more.

"Hahahahaha! Yes! Break his bone berserker! Crush his spine!"

Shirou and Riser grimace when they hear what Illya is saying. Riser knows that Illya has mellowed a little bit, but he needs to remind himself that Illya is still the murder loli who wants to kill Shirou with her pet berserker.

Back to the arena, Jacob becomes a living pinball at the moment. He continues to get tossed around for a minute before suddenly he can block Berserker's attack without getting thrown away. The reason? Jacob activated his balance breaker.

Jacob's body begins to grow up thirty meters tall, and behind him, there are ten pairs of silver hands, and there are two heads around Jacob's real head.

This is his Balance Breaker called Hecatoncheires Heir - Hold of the Hundred Handed Ones. This subspecies balance breaker is modeled after the giant born from Gaea and Uranus. At full potential, this balance breaker can grow the hand up to hundreds of pairs of hands, but right now, Jacob can only grow up to ten pairs of arms.

After changing, Jacob begins to throw his arms at Berserker and Illya.

However, Berserker is a nimble creature even with that size. Berserker dodge all the attacks Jacob does and even does his own counterattack by cutting one of the hands coming at him.

Illya looks at her enemy for a moment before nodding her head and says. It is time to show the world that her Berserker is the best.

"Berserker! Destroy it!"

Hearing his master's command, Berserker jumps high and appears next to Jacob's head before shouting.

"▂▂▃▃▄▄▅▅!! ▂▂▃▃▄▄▄▄▅▅▅▅!!"

Berserker moves his hand at high speed, and a second later, all the silver arms around Jacob get butchered by him.

Jacob looks at his arms that get cut away by Berserker with a shocked expression. His current body is supposedly as hard as the giant in the past, but Berserker successfully cut his arms as if it was soft tofu.

Berserker can cut up Jacob's hands because his weapon is made of jewels from the Tohsaka family. A Jewel that has been enchanted with all kinds of mage craft.

After cutting all the twenty hands, Berserker swings down his sword once again and creates a massive gash on Jacob's chest. Before the mad servant could do any more damage to Jacob, the poor Rook gets teleported away from the Arena, indicating this fight is in Illya's favor.

12