Chapter 62: Rating Game (X)
623 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|3rd POV|

"Good luck, Medea."

"Thank you, master."

Riser looks at Medea, who walks toward the stage with her staff in hand, and he is pitying her enemy. He knows that Medea is stronger by leaps and bounds. That is what makes Caster dangerous in the Type-Moon universe.

Caster servant is the weakest servant in terms of physical ability. Give them time to prepare, and you will get the most difficult opponent you can face and right now, Medea has a few months to prepare, and she does not need to worry about not getting enough prana from her master.

Medea's body is filled with magecraft from the Age of Gods in the Type-Moon universe. From a teleportation spell to a cloning spell, she has it all. Basically, her body is a mobile temple.

While it was not perfect, the Temple around her body can gather the mana in the air and provide her an additional reserve of energy she can use. Basically, as long as she did not overtask her temple, Medea will never run out of mana.

Not only that, but she also has prepared a few dozen potions of different effects, from a poison potion to an enchantment potion.

A few seconds later, both Medea and her opponent appear in the middle of what looks like a platform in space. Medea can see the earth from where she stood. She looked around for a few seconds before nodding her head. A plan is already forming inside her head.

"Fight!"

When the MC starts the fight, Medea immediately flies to the air and activates her favorite spell.

"Βροχή Φωτός!"

Twenty magic circles appear behind Medea, and a laser of doom begins to fly from it. Their target? Maria, Karnelly's Queen.

Maria widens her eyes at the quick spell Medea cast. Even if a devil did not need to chant to cast their spell, they still needed time to imagine the spell inside their head, and Medea already cast her spell in a matter of a second.

Maria quickly points her staff at the incoming attack, and suddenly a massive barrier appears in front of her blocking all the attack. While blocking the attack, Maria teleported away from her current position and pointed her staff at Medea.

A second later, a massive blue magic circle appears in front of Maria. A ray of elemental attack flying out from the magic circle.

Seeing the incoming attack, Medea utilizes her Temple ability and begins teleporting left and right. Medea's mobile temple radius is two-meter around her, and she can use it to teleport away as much as she wants instantly as long as it is within her temple radius.

While dodging all the incoming attacks, Medea also cast her own spell. A tornado made of fire appears near Maria and begins to harass her.

Maria gritted her teeth as she could feel her skin begin to get burned by the fire tornado.

'I cannot stay here,' Maria thought and activated her teleportation spell to escape the massive fire tornado. 'Should I try a close combat?'

Maria shakes her head. 'No. I cannot risk it.'

She is not a close combat fighter, and she knows it. She cannot risk her opponent knowing how to do a close combat fight. Maria then flies higher than Medea before creating another massive magic circle.

Medea looks at the incoming attack and frowns a little. She expects her enemy to use another method, but it looks like her opponent only does the same thing over and over again. Seeing her opponent decide not to show something new, Medea decides to end their fight now.

Thirty magic circles appear behind Medea in an instant, and they are pointed at Maria. A second later, a volley of light of destruction begins to fly at Maria.

*BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM*

Explosion after explosion happened when Medea's Rain of Light hit Maria's barrier. Maria gritted her teeth as she felt the impact of all Medea's spells. Seeing she did not have any choices, Maria activated her Sacred Gear.

As her barrier gets destroyed by the Rain of Light and the light of destruction flies toward her, Maria's body begins to change into light and let Medea's spell fly through her body. This is the ability of her sacred gear. Her sacred gear is called the Twinkling Light.

This sacred gear lets her body turn into a light that cannot be hit by normal means. While in her light form, Maria flew far away from Medea, and after a few seconds, her body changed back to its original state.

When she changes back, Maria takes a deep breath before suddenly pushing her hand forward, and a hundred lasers come from out of nowhere and fly toward Medea. This is another function of Maria's sacred gear.

Not only can she turn her entire body into a light, but she can also fire all kinds of lasers.

Medea widens her eyes when she sees the incoming laser and knows she cannot use her short-range teleportation via her temple. She did not know if she could dodge all of the lasers at once. With a flick of her finger, one of the magic circles around her right arm broke, and suddenly she appeared two hundred meters away from her previous location.

When Medea is about to do her own counterattack, her danger sense screams at her to dodge or block an incoming attack. Medea does just that. Multiple barriers appear around her and block the incoming laser beam.

The laser that supposedly flies straight suddenly makes an impossible turn and follows Medea before hitting her barrier. A hundred laser beams hit the barrier and created a massive explosion.

While maintaining the barrier, Medea widens her eyes when he sees her barrier get frozen up for an unknown reason. Seeing one of the layers has been frozen up by the laser, Medea creates another layer of barrier.

After a few seconds, the bombardment is over, and the people can see Medea in the middle of a barrier unscathed.

'I see. This must be her sacred gear, Twinkling Light.' Medea thought. 'She can make her body into light and can fire a laser that has many properties she can select. The last one must be her Ice Beam that can even freeze up a barrier in a few seconds.'

Seeing her opponent get serious, Medea decides to do the same.

Medea takes a deep breath before suddenly a golden fleece appears out of nowhere. Many people in the stadium are confused about what Medea is trying to do. However, the people on Mount Olympus widened their eyes.

"Is that what I think it is?"

"I don't know, brother. It has the same shape, but I don't think it was THE golden fleece. No. By the look of it, it was the fleece from Chrysomallos, but I don't think it was THE golden fleece."

Both Poseidon and Zeus talk about the Golden Fleece, the first Golden Fleece that the Olympian gods have blessed.

Hearing his brother's words, Zeus nodded his head and said.

"I guess you are right. However, how can she have the fleece from Chrysomallos? How is the Chrysomallos barn, Demeter?"

The goddess of Agriculture shakes her head and says.

"There has been nothing changed since the last thousand years. There are still seven Chrysomallos left in Olympus."

"That means the one in her hand is a fleece that we gave to a mortal a long time ago?"

"I think so."

Zeus nodded his head and looked at the screen once again to see Medea placing down the fleece on the ground.

After Medea places the fleece on the ground, it begins to glow, and Maria can feel a power begin to surge up from the fleece. When she feels this surge of power from the fleece, Maria knows that she cannot allow Medea to finish whatever she is planning.

A hundred lasers are fired out from thin air at her command, and they fly toward Medea. Seeing the incoming attack, Medea creates two dozen layers of barrier around her and the Golden Fleece.

Medea widens her eyes when she feels her barrier gets broken down rather easily. She quickly reinforced her barrier and felt she still had a hard time blocking the laser from Maria.

The laser Maria firing has the attributes of penetration. She needs to break the barrier as fast as possible, but it looks like her laser did not have enough power to penetrate Medea's barrier in a single attack.

'It looks like I need to trade numbers with power.' Maria thought. 'Twenty of them should be good enough.'

With that in mind, Maria created a twenty more powerful laser. It takes her ten seconds to do that. The more powerful laser she wants to use, the longer it takes to form. After ten seconds, twenty golden lasers fly toward Medea at high speed.

Medea smirks a little before teleporting away from her current position. While Maria is preparing for her laser, Medea has already done her preparation.

Maria frowned a little before ordering her laser to chase after Medea, who was teleporting from place to place. Maria continues to control her laser, trying to hit Medea, who continues to run away. She forgot about the Golden Fleece on the ground that started to shine brighter.

Maria noticed the Golden Fleece, but it was too late as a massive Silver Magic circle appeared under the Golden Fleece.

A few seconds later, the people begin to hear a loud roar coming from the ground. A few seconds later, a massive head of a dragon appeared from the magic circle. After a few seconds, a massive dragon merged from the ground.

It was a western dragon. The dragon has a silver scale with a blue light coming from the gap between its scale. The dragon has white hair above its head and neck, and there are many spikes on top of its tails.

*ROAR*

This is a dragon that protected the Golden Fleece in the Type-Moon universe. A dragon that can be summoned because of the anecdote of the Golden Fleece can summon the Colchis dragon when placed on the ground. A hidden skill that Medea has. A skill that can increase her standing in the Holy Grail War to a Mid-Class Servant.

At first, Medea cannot summon the dragon because she does not know-how. However, after reading through the library of the Phenex clan and some experiments, she now can do it.

Medea smiles a little before saying.

"Attack"

Sitting in the VIP section of the colosseum, Hardius rubs his chin.

"Huh. That is new."

"New? She did not defeat you with that dragon, Lord Hardius?"

Hardius looks at Falbium before shaking his head and says.

"No. She uses other methods to defeat me."

Medea defeats Hardius with the help of her Noble Phantasm, Rule Breaker, to break his defensive spell and other supportive spells.

"Hmmm. I don't know which dragon this is, but it has a resemblance to the current High Ranking Ice Dragon, just a little bigger."

Back to the arena, Maria is having a hard time fighting both the Dragon and Medea at the same time. The dragon is really tough and powerful. Its ice breath alone makes it a hard enemy to fight.

Not only that, its scale is the most annoying thing. It was so tough that she needed twenty modified lasers to break one point of the scale.

Then there is Medea. Not only Medea attacked her from the blind spot, but the purple witch also healed the dragon to its prime every time she successfully hurt the dragon.

What Maria did not know, Medea did not only do just that. Medea watched her and tried to find her weakness, and Medea found it.

'She can only enter her light mode for ten seconds at maximum,' Medea thought. 'The longer she enters her light mode, the longer the cooldown she needs to enter it once again.'

Medea summons her Noble Phantasm and waits for the opportunity. Rule Breakers have an interesting effect in this world. In theory, Rule Breaker can break the contract between the human and the Sacred Gear they owned before returning the said Sacred Gear to the Gods System.

However, the most interesting thing about Rule Breaker is that it can temporarily disconnect the Sacred Gear from its user. As long as it was not a sentient Sacred Gear, Rule Breaker can make the Sacred Gear user unable to use their sacred gear for a few hours.

And this is what Medea wants to do. She wants to disable Maria's sacred gear, but she cannot do that if Maria still has her Light Mode. Rule Breakers need physical contact with a Sacred Gear user before it can disable their sacred gear.

Maria once again teleports away from the Dragon that attacks her relentlessly before preparing to make a counterattack. However, before she could do that, her danger sense screamed at her to dodge.

Obeying her danger sense, Maria dodges to the left by flying at high speed, but Medea's spell is faster than her even with that speed. Seeing no other choice, Maria enters her light mode and prepares a teleportation spell.

While she cannot attack in this form, she can prepare a spell, and when she is ready, she can dispel her current form and activate her spell. Three seconds later, she is ready and deactivates her light mode before she gets teleported away from her current position and appears a half kilometer away from her previous position.

When Maria is about to attack the dragon with the more powerful laser, she hears Medea's voice behind her.

"Rule Breaker"

Maria felt something touch her neck and felt something wrong with her body. However, she did not notice it as she quickly flew away from Medea, who suddenly appeared behind her.

She looks at 'Medea' who is floating in the air far away from her, and widens her eyes when she sees 'Medea' begin to turn into dust.

Maria snaps from her thoughts when she sees Medea slowly fly toward her and point her finger at Medea, but she cannot feel her Sacred Gear to her surprise.

"You… You… What did you do?!?"

"Don't worry. I only seal away your sacred gear, nothing more. Give up. You cannot beat my dragon with your spell alone and me."

Maria gritted her teeth before deciding to use her other trump card. Maria flared out her demonic energy, and suddenly a pyramid made of magic formula appeared around Medea and her dragon. Maria's face started to get pale as she could feel her reserve already depleted.

"Hahaha… You should be the one who gives up. That spell is my greatest creation. A sealing formula that I copied from Lord Ajuka Beelzebub. As long as you are there, your energy will be sucked dry by the formation."

Medea looks around, fascinated by the formula. She can feel the connection between her temple and the mana in the air has been cut out, leaving Medea unable to access the infinite mana she has.

Maria frowned at the sight in front of her. Instead of panicking if her reserve gets sucked up dry by the formation, Medea looks more fascinated by the formation instead.

After a minute of studying the formation, Medea nodded her head. She knows the basics of this formula, and that is enough for her. She walks toward the barrier and stabs it with her dagger.

"Rule Breaker"

When Medea stabs her dagger at the formation, Maria can see cracks suddenly appear on the surface of the formation. The crack gets bigger and bigger before suddenly the formation collapses, freeing Medea and her dragon.

"As I said, give up."

Maria gritted her teeth in frustration before releasing a defeated sigh before saying.

"I give up."

14