Chapter 68
419 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When we are far away from my father's office, Kuroka suddenly says,

"Why?"

"Hmmm?"

"Why? Why did you decide to help us? You decide to abandon your chance to become a lord of the land, but you decide to help us. Why? We did not know you for long. So, why? Why help us?"

"Meh. I feel  like it."

"That's it?!? That is your only reason?!? You discard your chance to become a high-ranking noble!"

"Meh. I don't want it. I'm still the son of Marquess of Hell after all."

"There must be something else. What do you want? My body?"

I release a tired sigh before I stop and look Kuroka right in the eye before saying.

"Kuroka, I decided to help you because it was the right thing to do. I did not need anything from you. I do it because I feel like it, and as I said before, it was the right thing to do. Like my pawn usually said, there is nothing wrong with helping someone in need. So, yeah. I helped you because it was the right thing to do."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|Kuroka POV|

I look at the back of a boy in front of me and sigh. I did not know what to think of him. On the one hand, I did not feel or hear a lie in his voice when he said he was doing it because it was the right thing to do.

I have heard a lie my entire life. My father and mother always lie to me, and my father lies about his love for me and how my mother keeps saying everything is okay even when I can see her hurting through her eyes.

I keep hearing lies my entire life. I know when someone is lying to me, and Riser Phenex did not lie to me. I release another silent sigh.

Why can't he just be an average child? Demanding a payment, demanding for me to become his slave, or throwing a tantrum when his wish is not granted. Why must he be this kind? Isn't he a devil?

I wouldn't say I like this because my heart cannot take it anymore. Even when I tried to flirt with him, it was more of a habit rather than what I wanted. I didn't mean actually to fall for this boy. While it is true that age did not matter for both of us, he is still a young boy.

However, if he continues to behave like this? I cannot hold myself back.

"Kuroka"

I snap from my thoughts and look at Riser waiting for me at the end of the corridor.

"Why are you stopping? Come on, Shirone missed you."

"Coming!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|Rin Tohsaka POV|

I never thought that my life would become like this when I accepted becoming a slave to a literal devil. Well, I cannot call myself a slave. Waifu is what the company called it. I'm still a slave, but Riser treats me as a wife.

In Japanese, that name means wife, but Waifu has a different meaning in the company. It can be either a slave or a life partner.

Lucky for me, Riser wants a life partner.

I already see many women in the company from doing a job with Riser that treated them worse than me. They are treated like an item that can be replaced at any time, and I already see how my current 'master' treats his waifu.

Zelretch is the embodiment of inhumanity. While he had the same appearance as a human, he was not. He is a True Ancestor and currently the strongest one in my world if his word is to be trusted, and I did not have any reason to doubt it.

After making a contract with the company, Zelretch easily gets back to his full power before he fights Brunestud the Crimson Moon, and right now, he is even more powerful than that.

The troll vampire treats his hundreds of waifu like an item and keeps selling and buying another one if they are broken from his experiment.

And all of those women are not weak women. Many of them have the same amount of energy as Riser, and Riser has a MASSIVE reserve. Some of them even have more.

I once asked Zerlrecth how long he has been in the company, and he said that it had been three hundred years since he joined up, and he has already gathered enough points to make a comfortable life.

"Nyaaaa~"

I snap from my thoughts when I hear Shirone sleeping on my lap, moaning cutely. I smile a little at her before patting her head. After Riser walks away from the library, Shirone decides that my lap is a perfect spot for her nap.

After petting her, I continue to read the grimoire in front of me. This book is the most frustrating and fascinating thing I have ever read. It is fascinating because of how deep it explains all kinds of spells, and it is frustrating because it breaks all the laws that I thought would never be broken.

I mean, just using the power of imagination, I can cast a spell? Argh! What makes matters worse, I already tested it, and it works!

As long as I still have the energy to fuel the spell, I can recreate all my family's spells. I don't know whether I want to laugh or cry. The only reason why I decide not to use this type of spellcasting is that it takes time.

Imagination is not as easy as people thought it was. You need a clear picture and will to push that image into your spell. A slight blur would result in failure, the same if you did not have enough willpower to push that image into your spell.

Sadly, using my mage craft will be expensive. Lucky for me, I have a steady income. Not only from making contracts but also from the company Riser owns. Even when he owns both the company and me, he still decides to pay me up for my job as his secretary.

Sometimes I wonder why my ancestors decided to dwell in Jewel Magecraft. With the price of jewels rising, I don't know how long this magecraft can last.

I can ask for jewels that have been mined from Riser's pocket dimension, but my pride did not allow me to do that. I have been working for decades just to be alive, and I will not allow myself to get something for free.

I snap from my thoughts when I hear the library door open up, and as I look at the door, I can see both Kuroka and Riser get inside. I smile at them and say.

"Welcome back, Riser."

10