Chapter 70
1.2k 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I sigh a little as I see the news presenter on TV saying how the lord of Valac succumbed to the Eternal Sleep disease that is relatively common for a devil, and this is the same disease Misla Bael, Sairaorg Bael's mom, has.

I look at Medea, who is sitting next to me before saying.

"Are you sure that you use that poison?"

"I'm sure, master. You see it with your own eyes when I pour it inside the syringe."

"Then why did they say that the old lord had fallen to the Eternal Sleep disease?"

"PR, master. They did not want the other to know that an all-powerful Lord had fallen to an unknown assailant."

"That… Made sense."

I nodded my head and got up from the couch.

"I think you should go to the hospital, master."

"And get kicked once again."

"The head nurse kicked your brothers, not you."

I release another sigh as I feel anxiety wash over my body. The reason? My mother just went into labor. I know that my mother is so close to going into labor, but I never thought it was that close. I thought that she still had another month after my Rating Game was over.

I know that I'm just worried too much as my mother already went through the same experience three times in the past, but I couldn't help but worry for her.

"She is right, nyaa~ You should go to the hospital if you're worried."

"Haaaaa. No. Father is already by her side. Also, where is Shirone?"

"She is in Gremory Castle, nyaa~."

Shirone and Rias become close friends after they meet a few times in this castle. Both Rias and Shirone bond together to curse my training season. It looks like both of them hate physical exercise.

I release another sigh before sitting down on the couch, where Kuroka decides to put her head on my lap once again.

"Where are Rin and co going? I know that Rin needs to go back to the Clock Tower to continue her study, but I did not see Shirou, Illya, and Sakura anywhere."

"Ah, they are doing a contract, master. Shirou helps with construction in Romania, Illya gets roped by Lady Serafall, and Sakura gets a contract in Japan."

"Huh. They must get many contracts. Yesterday they were also busy dealing with contracts."

"They are. Shirou is popular for his politeness and how he is willing to help the contractor. Sakura is good with babies and small kids while Illya… Well, you already know about that."

"I see."

I know they will be busy after the Rating Game is over, but I never thought it would continue like that. I thought it would be only for a week, and the contract would slowly get less and less contract as time went, but it looks like it was not the case.

I guess a kind and hardworking devil is what the public wants.

"Young master"

I snap from my thoughts and see a maid standing in front of the door of my room. I tilted my head and saw her bowing at me while saying.

"Mistress has come back from the hospital. Master told you to the master bedroom."

"Oh!"

Kuroka gets up from my lap, letting me get up. I walk toward the maid, where she leads me to my parents' room. A minute later, I arrive in front of a massive door with four devils guarding it. When the guard sees me, they open up the double door, letting me walk inside.

As I stepped inside the room, I was greeted with my mother sleeping on the bed surrounded by my father and brothers. However, what caught my eye was a small baby with blonde hair resting on my mother's arms.

"Ah, Riser. Come and meet your little sister."

I slowly walk next to my mother and see the little baby in my mother's arms. When I arrived next to my mom, my little sister opened up her eyes, and I could see deep blue eyes looking at all of us.

"Ah, it looks like little Ravel has awake. Ravel, these are your brothers. Ruval, Razro, and Riser Phenex. They are your big brothers. They will be the ones protecting you when I'm not around. They will be the one protecting you from boys and the one beating them up…."

"Dear…"

"Sorry. Sorry."

I chuckle a little at my father's behavior. Not even a year old, and my father is already promising to beat any boy getting closer to Ravel.

Wait! In the canon, Ravel falls in love with Issei, right?

… I guess I can ask Medea to make an enchanted shovel for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|Canon Omake - France Expedition|

|3rd POV|

A group of twenty people gathers in front of a massive castle. This is an expedition group consisting of seventeen wizards and witches and three devils. The leader of this expedition is Nymphadora Tonks, and their goal is to check the ruins of France as they get a sign of life there.

The exact point is in the Pyrenees mountain region. The other wizard points out that this sign must be coming from Beauxbatons Academy. They either survive from the nuclear bomb even when Voldemort sent an atomic bomb at that place, or they decide to go to the ruin of Beauxbatons to either search for a survivor or use it as their new temporary base.

Tonks and co think it was the latter.

"Are you guys ready?"

Riser looks at the people around him, and when they see them nod their heads, Riser touches the pillar that connects the Harry Potter world and his pocket dimension.

"Let's go."

After saying that, they walk through the portal that opened up.

In the mountain range of the Pyrenees in France, there is a ruin of a castle. This building was once a castle where many wizards and witches learned how to wield their magic. Most of the building has been destroyed by the blast.

While all Beauxbatons academy buildings have been destroyed, the underground facility is relatively safe. Because of the facilities deep underground, it shields the people inside the facilities from the radiation.

Sadly, the people inside the underground bunker are already affected by the radiation from the water and plants they pick up from above. Their magic can minimize the damage the radiation does to their body, but because of constant eating and drinking contaminated drinks and food, their bodies slowly mutate or break.

Some of them become what the wizard and witches called an abomination. They are a human that is already dead, but their brain still functions because of the radiation. The radiation also triggers hunger within the human brain and makes the body crave some food, especially meat, and human meat is their primary target.

Out of one hundred and ten people who successfully arrive in Beauxbatons, only thirty survive, and ten are on the brink of death.

A wizard and witches who never knew the radiation concept thought that it was not dangerous and decided to venture outside the bunker the norms built. They believe that Nuclear Bomb danger is only in its blast.

While their magic protects them from immediate Radiation Poisoning, it does not protect them from long-term Radiation Poisoning. Like right now.

"Urgh."

Fleur Isabelle Delacour, a student of Beauxbatons Academy, has already reached her limit. With the mana in the world thinning, her supernatural immunity begins to disappear. The only reason why she is still alive is that she is part of Veela.

"Mama… It hurts…"

Apolline Delacour looked at her daughter with a stream of tears running down her eyes. Apolline has seen many deaths in the past few months. She has witnessed the death of her parents, she has seen the death of her best friend, and lastly, she has seen the death of her husband.

She has lost almost everything, and right now, she will lose the last thing she has, her daughter.

"Stay strong okay? We will be saved. Other wizards and witches will come to us, and they will rescue us. We have already sent a beacon to alert any wizard. Stay strong okay?"

Lie. Apolline herself did not have any hope that other wizarding communities would feel or see their beacon, and she only said that to make herself feel good.

"Riser! They are here!"

Apolline snaps from her thoughts when she hears someone's voice from behind the faculty door.

"Hello! Is anyone there?!? We are here to rescue you guys!"

Without thinking twice, Apolline gets up and runs toward the door before opening it up. When she opened the door, she was greeted by a group of humans wearing thick white suits. She thought that they were a mutant or something. She did not immediately close the door because of the wand some of them held in their hands.

"We are here to rescue you guys. We have a shelter in London, and we have food, drink, and radiation treatment there. However, we need to go fast."

Riser said it first as he could feel their suit could not hold the enchanted radiation any longer. He did not know that the radiation was so intense in Beauxbatons academy.

"Gather all the survivors in one place. Caster! Prepare the magic circle. Tonks! Help gather the survivors in one place, take ten men with you. The rest of you, with me. We will stop the mutant."

That is another reason why most of their suits were almost destroyed. There is a mutant attacking them when they arrive from a ghoulfied winged horse to a massive two-headed snake that breathes toxic gas from its mouth.

Fighting them is not easy. Their durability is insane. They did not feel pain or even think about taking damage, and they just charged at you at high speed. While they are a mutant, they are still a 'living being.' Destroy their vital organ, and they are dead.

However, it was easier said than done. With their number, the mutant successfully hurt three of their members.

They are lucky a pure magical creature immediately dies when Gaia decides she has enough and takes all the mana in this world. If a creature like a dragon mutated, it was the end for the survivor.

Apolline looks at the new group fighting all kinds of mutants coming at them with their magic in awe. In her eyes, they look like a group of Legendary Heroes of the past that fight against a dragon and such.

The way they coordinate with each other is like they have been fighting together for who knows how long. It is so mesmerizing. Apolline sees a young man in the front with a twin sword in hand slaying the mutant coming at him. She sees the young man talking to her earlier, firing a torrent of fire without hitting his ally.

In her mind, they are heroes that have equal standing with the legendary heroes in the past.

"Riser! The magic circle is complete!"

"I also finished gathering all the people! We are ready to go!"

"Roger! Retreat! I will create a barrier to hold them!"

At his command, Apolline can see a massive magic circle appear between the young man, Riser, and the mutant. After holding the mutant, Riser gets into the magic circle under her before suddenly the world around her turns white.

For the first time after a long time, Apolline feels hope.

15