Chapter 3: Noble Girl
334 9 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Or perhaps you’d like to sit here?” A voice called out which prompted Amasa to pick her head back up. As much as one might think this was a savior to her dilemma, she knew from the voice that this wasn’t a blessing at all. It was a girl who was cheerfully waving at Tahiko and pointing over at a seat next to her own. Her name was Fukuna Komagata and she didn’t like her at all.

“I suppose if someone wants me with them.” Tahiko was none-the-wiser about the issue at hand for he didn’t know who this girl. “I’ll accep-”

“Maybe you should stay close to me.” Despite being against the idea at first, Amasa knew that the alternative was worse. So she spoke up and suggested to him that he sit next to her. “After all, with your situation it’s best to be around me.” Hinting at the fact she was the only one at school aware of his situation was more than enough to convince him.

“You’re right.” With that, he turned back onto his original path and took the spot next to hers. “Thanks for reminding me of that.”

“No problem.” She uneasily replied as the girl felt the eyes of her classmates on her once again. They likely thought she might be trying to monopolize the new students as they were technically siblings, even if adopted. Her problem of them thinking that, aside from it being untrue, would be the connotation that they might think of her basically going after her new brother.

As much as she might hate to admit it, he was rather attractive even if a bit strange looking in Japan. Everyone else would also agree. Tahiko was beyond fit and built well for a boy his age. It made sense to her, as he trained to be a knight and that was the expectation from where he was from. Though it did make him stand out from the other boys who were jealous of his apparent. This guy was tall and his crimson red hair just gave him the complete package.

They went through their day as normally as she was used to it being. The boy didn’t seem to do anything out of the ordinary, but then again it was mostly lectures he sat through with little need to speak up. Chances were Fukuna was going to talk to him during their break so she wanted to be ready for that problem. “Hey, don’t trust that girl who asked you to sit next to her.”

“Hmm?” He was confused by her sudden statement as class convened for their first break. “Tahiko took a glance at her and noticed the girl getting up to approach them. “Why not? She seems to be a fair maiden.”

“Try to avoid calling any of us that.” It sounded weird so she tried to remind him of proper speaking patterns for the times and location. “And I definitely wouldn’t call her a fair maiden.” Fukuna was a popular girl at school, and most of that came from her status thanks to her family’s business. So it kind of wasn’t earned, but she was indeed beautiful and most boys could only dream to even have a shot with her. “She’s going to try and take advantage of you.”

From the way he introduced himself, it was clear to everyone he was on the naive side. And that was assuming there wasn’t anything wrong with his brain. Since that girl was also a bit cunning, it wouldn’t take much work to get him under her thumb. Which was why Amasa believed it crucial to protect him.

“Her family is well off?” However, her warnings had the opposite effect on him as he took things into a different direction. “So that would make her a member of a noble family here.” Just as that girl got close to them, he got off his chair and immediately kneeled before her.

“Eh?” This shocked both of the girls. Amasa in disappointment in his actions, and for Fukuna this came out of the blue before she even uttered a single word. He kneeled on one knee to her, as if she was a queen or princess. In fact, she quite reminded him of the princess to the kingdom.

“I’ll follow your command.” He said.

“Well, that was easy.” She didn’t know what led to this, but the girl was happy to accept the results.

“No he won’t.” This forced Amasa to stand up and pick him up from the ground. “He’s just a little weird, that’s all.” The girl shot a deathly glare at him for being so rash. This boy was going to need a lot of work just to appear normal in today’s society.

“Or maybe you’re just jealous he likes me more than you.” The girl mocked in response. “Your own brother, and he already wants to leave you behind.” There was the obvious comparison of their appearance that most people in school would notice. It wasn’t that Amasa was ugly, just that she was a bit plain in her everyday look with just some normal brown hair that fell to her shoulders.

Meanwhile, Fukuna was much better rounded compared to her. She was just a little taller, and her curves were more filled out indicating how well she grew. The girl’s luscious regal purple hair flowed down her back. It wasn’t hard for her to get a bit of a big head over the thought of being viewed as superior.

Their animosity wasn’t lost on Tahiko, who despite being rather naive to common sensibilities of this world, could tell when people had a standoff. Though to him the vibe they gave off was as if there was going to be a duel called between the pair to the death. Not knowing high school girls would likely not do so, he acted a bit over-the-top to end things.

“Whoops.” He used his magic to cause the bottle of water from the desk behind Amasa’s to fall over and splash onto her. If one were to actually pay attention to the psychics of how that occurred would know it would be impossible without magic, but thankfully no one was looking. The water got onto her skirt and blouse. “We should get that dried before it stains.” Another statement that made no sense at all, but he was fast enough where no one was going to question it.

“Hey, wait-” He tightly grabbed onto her arm and pulled the girl along with him as they rushed out of the classroom. “I can walk myself!”

“That was a close one.” He stated as she exited the bathroom. “She looked like she was about to have you sent to the dungeon.”

“She doesn’t have that much power. And we don’t even have dungeons anymore.” Amasa complained about his rash decision, which just so conveniently had to make her suffer a little. She did her best to brush off the water from her skirt, but it was still a bit damp. Terrible considering the weather was beginning to take a turn towards the cold with it being autumn. “Why can’t you stop acting like this is the same as where you’re from? We’re from completely different worlds.”

“Sorry, it’s just so difficult to break habits.” He apologized for causing the trouble in class. “But I suppose that’s why you’re my guide.”

“And stop with that dumb terminology.” She scolded him again, then sighed. “But I guess it’s not easy to be in your spot.” The girl knew she’d be in for a terrible time if she was transported to a different country, let alone a different world. So time was needed to allow him to acclimate himself.

“So that girl’s not a noble?” He asked, still not understanding how this school worked.

“She might be treated as royalty, but it’s not like she’s got anything special about her.” Though Amasa hated to admit that the school did treat her like a princess. “She’s awful, so just avoid her as much as possible.”

“I’d hate to do that to someone I rarely know.” In his experience, Tahiko was never afforded the luxury of avoiding people he disliked. All that matter in the end for him was that his task was completed, and that no one died. That was what his line of work put on him. “But I promised I’d do anything you or your family asked of me, so I will.”

“Good.” She was pleased to hear that. “And I know you used magic back there. Don’t ever consider using it again when you’re in public like that.” If someone were to notice something was off about occurrence, then they might get suspicious. Unfortunately, that was too late as their conversation wasn’t as private as they believed it to be.

“Magic, huh?” Right around the corner was Fukuna, who was spying on them to see what was up with this seemingly random new relationship. She had a mischievous smile upon learning of this new information. “Now that’s interesting.”

8