HTSCF CH 046 The Strongest Alphas
642 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The forum thread presented the profiles of two handsome men, both with a generic military photograph attached that could be viewed as a 3D hologram. Beside the portrayals were various details, including the names, ages, military ranks, attributes, and achievements of the two.

General Niall Atlas, age 31, commanded the First Army and his physique was SSS grade while his spirituality was SS grade. With identical attributes was his opponent for “strongest alpha in the galaxy,” General Cyrus Albert, age 27, commander of the Second Army. In terms of achievements, they were also comparable, making it difficult to determine which of the two was stronger. Perhaps if age were the determining factor, Cyrus Albert had a slight advantage…

Jun turned off his terminal and leaned back against his headboard in thought. If he were to seek out the two men or vice versa, he was destined to awaken as an omega. Then, the only solution was to be marked by them, but could an omega be marked by two alphas? 

Clutching his head, Jun frowned. In any case, how was he supposed to activate his omega genes? Maybe he didn’t have to activate them since he didn’t know the method, and neither did his mother. None of the records he’d skimmed knew. System 00, of course, didn’t know, and he doubted those two alphas would know. Because recessive omegas were incredibly rare, over time the method of activating a recessive omega’s genes became lost. The only remaining information was that the strongest alpha was required. What did that even mean?

A knock at the door interrupted any further thoughts Jun might have had. When he opened the door, he was blinded by the sight. The protagonist, Skye Lennox, with his particularly striking colored hair, left him confused: Was it pink? Or was it red? Or perhaps purple-violet? No, it was that one phone company’s magenta! Jun squinted a little as this debate ran through his head.

“Cadet Linden, my name is Skye Lennox, Colonel of the Third Army, and I am here on behalf of the Crown Prince, to recruit you to the Third Army.”

Still somewhat distracted, Jun’s response was sluggish. “… Pleased to meet you, Colonel. Would you like to come inside?” This was the first time a protagonist came at him right away and so straightforwardly. Compared to previous protagonists, Skye Lennox could be considered aggressive.

“No. Will you accept?”

Jun scratched his cheek. “… I haven’t even graduated from the academy, Colonel.”

“It doesn’t matter. If you accept, there will be a spot reserved for you in the Third Army when you graduate.”

“I—”

“He will not accept.” 

Skye Lennox turned around and was astonished to see the man he had been seeking an audience with for so many days, Niall Atlas. Standing next to him was the other man he had been trying to reach, Cyrus Albert. 

The two men had been patrolling the edges of the Empire’s territory and had just returned at warp speed for the same purpose of recruiting Rain Linden. They didn’t expect the Colonel that had been pestering them to be here for the same reason. 

When Skye Lennox turned around to face them, the two alphas were momentarily stunned by the visage of his bright magenta hair and androgynous face, but that was quickly forgotten when their eyes met Rain Linden’s green eyes.

At first, Skye Lennox was pleased by their reaction when they saw him. He knew he was good-looking, desirable to all. But that sense of satisfaction was instantly extinguished when he witnessed the infatuated gazes of the two alphas’ the moment they caught sight of Rain Linden, who was as equally attractive as him but of a different type—the more youthful and boyish kind. 

With clenched fists, Skye Lennox repeated himself. “Cadet Linden, do you accept? This isn’t an opportunity that comes every day—”

“He will not accept.” Niall Atlas repeated.

“General Atlas, I am asking Cadet Linden—”

“And I am answering for him, Colonel Skype.” 

“My name—” The protagonist wanted to assert that his name was ‘Skye’ not ‘Skype,’ but Niall Atlas didn’t give him any opportunities. 

“Cadet Linden has already accepted my recruitment of him to the First Army.”

Jun didn’t speak, his mind still on the matter of Skye Lennox’s hair color. How did the original plot describe it? Speaking of hair color, both of his men had blonde hair in this world and strong facial features, but those crimson red eyes could only mean Azazel. It was the first time Jun heard him talk so much from the start.

“You’re wrong. Cadet Linden has agreed to join the Second Army.” Cyrus Albert interjected, his golden eyes crinkled with amusement.

The level of frustration Skye Lennox felt exceeded his limit and he left without another word, not wanting to break character. If these two wanted Rain Linden, they could have him. He was still the strongest omega and they’d come to him eventually. For people like them with such high attributes, he was their only choice if they wanted heirs.

There was no other omega that would be able to receive their immense power. Maybe it was time to reveal his omega status. Though it would be earlier than the original plot, it shouldn’t matter since the world had already gone awry because of Rain Linden.

With Skye Lennox out of the way, Jun was suddenly faced with two dominant alphas, alone.

“You’ll join the First Army, right?”

“You’ll join the Second Army, right?”

“Shut up, Cyrus.”

“Fuck you, Niall.”

“He’s mine.” They both growled at the same time. It had been a while since Jun saw them fighting so fiercely over him. Usually, they were rather accommodating of each other. The more they argued the more Jun started to smell two very familiar scents that kept increasing in strength.

Alpha’s pheromones?

If Jun were to put it into words, Azazel’s pheromones were like a cool moonlit night, calm and relaxing. Elior’s was like a warm sunny day, soothing yet energizing. It resembled the colognes they wore in the last world. Or was that their natural scents?

The two men stopped arguing and froze, their noses scrunching up. In the air was the very light scent of an omega’s pheromones.

“Goddammit, which dumbass fucking omega is spreading their pheromones without care?” Cyrus Albert snarled.

|Congratulations, dearest Host! The Hidden Mission, become the strongest omega has just reached 25% completion!|

Jun, the dumbass fucking omega spreading his pheromones without care: “… Heh.”

Hearing the noise, the two alphas swerved their attention back to the only other person around. At this time there was nobody else in the academy’s dorms except for Jun, who still had a few days off. 

Seeing no reason to hide it from the two men now that he had essentially been discovered, Jun spoke bluntly. “I’ve already submitted my withdrawal request from the academy upon learning yesterday that I’m a recessive omega.” Full of teasing charm, he held a finger to his lips while his lips curved. “Now you’ll have to keep my secret and I won’t be joining anyone’s army.”

Who cared about joining armies? Niall Atlas and Cyrus Albert had stopped minding that the moment they heard Jun confess to being a recessive omega and dragged their attention to his pink lips. Like chickens pecking rice, they nodded dumbly in unison.

“I’ll keep your secret.” They both said, then glared at each other with dagger eyes.

With some regret, Cyrus started to apologize. “About before… I didn’t mean it.”

“You mean the part where you called me a dumbass fucking omega?” Cyrus cringed and rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. Still grinning, Jun continued: “It’s fine. Though it hurt my feelings, it wasn’t your fault.”

This only made the man wince even more. When it came to Elior, Jun liked to mess with him. He didn’t know why, he just did.

“What will you do now?” Niall asked.

“Hope my withdrawal request is approved. If not, then…”

There were three possibilities. One, remain in the military academy and proceed to hide the fact he was an omega. Two, reveal his omega status and be allowed to withdraw, but that meant his father knowing. Although he was an adult, his father was the Marshal and could effortlessly force him into an arranged marriage and he didn’t want that. 

Lastly, he could find an alpha to mark him. Jun looked at the two men standing before him. Was it possible to be marked by two alphas? While Jun was considering his options, Cyrus was struck by an important detail. 

“Did you say you just found out you’re a recessive omega yesterday?”

“Mm.”

“Then who activated your omega genes?”

Still lost in his thoughts, Jun simply answered, “You two, obviously.” His scent, or pheromones in this world, didn’t start releasing until he reacted to their pheromones. Who else could it be but them?

“…”

The two alphas didn’t react for a moment. The myth about the strongest alpha being able to awaken a recessive omega’s genes turned out to be true? 

Then, as compulsive as always, Cyrus insisted, “Let’s become life mates and then get married.” 

“Cyrus, you—!” Niall, feeling indignant that Cyrus beat him to it, punched the wall beside him, creating a hole. 

With a roll of his eyes, Jun sighed and felt some pity for his neighbor. Was it always going to be this way with these two? Always straight to marriage just like that? 

In this world, there were three types of markings: a temporary mark, a permanent mark, and a lifemate mark. Temporary marks lasted for one to two weeks and were mainly a means for an alpha to help an omega ease their heat symptoms. Permanent marks lasted a lifetime and could not be removed. Once permanently marked, an omega would reject any other alpha except the one that marked them. 

In every type of marking, the alpha was never the one at a disadvantage, except for the lifemate mark. Lifemate marks were the same as a permanent mark, but if an omega were to ever die, the alpha would also die and vice versa. No alpha in a high position of power would ever suggest having their literal weakness displayed in plain sight. Except for Cyrus and Niall, apparently. Additionally, an alpha with a lifemate could not mark any other omegas.

People with similar thoughts to Marshal Linden would never consider a lifemate marking. Limiting themselves to one omega meant limiting the number of possible alpha heirs. Although marriages existed in this world, they were secondary, mainly made for betas. When it came to alphas and omegas, the type of bonds they formed was more important.

“Um… We just met, General Albert.” Jun finally responded.

Cyrus held Jun’s hand in his. “Don’t be so formal. Call me Cyrus, or Cy. I know you’re my fated pair.” 

Niall couldn’t stand it anymore and pulled Jun away, wrapping his arms around him in a protective manner. “Stop influencing him with your pheromones.”

Was he being affected by Cyrus’s pheromones? This pheromone thing sure was inconvenient. What was that about a fated pair? 

In his haze, Jun felt his body becoming hot all over and his breathing was unstable. As his vision blurred, there was an itch in his heart and elsewhere that was begging to be scratched. In the end, he passed out in Niall’s arms, overwhelmed by the unpleasant stuffiness in his mind and body. As his consciousness faded he could hear System 00’s voice cursing him.

|Some willpower.|

What a jinx he was to himself. 

Later that day, a personal post by Colonel Skye Lennox of the Third Army sent shockwaves throughout the Empire. As for General Atlas and General Albert, they both didn’t show up for work for the first time in their entire military careers, causing their subordinates to doubt whether the world was about to end.

A/N: Most of the writing I do is done on my phone or iPad, and Skye kept getting autocorrected as Skype, so I made a joke out of it 🙈

20