Chapter 4: Saving Private Idiot
234 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been 10 minutes since we followed the idiot... and we already lost him.

"For an idiot, the idiot runs surprisingly fast." (Riel)

"Well, Nii–no, the idiot is older than us." (Vier)

While the fact that our stubby child limbs do play a role in the fact that we're unable to catch up to the idiot, the idiot does run very fast for a kid his age. You'd think that the idiot was nothing more than a pathetic lazy and whiny snot-nosed brat, however, he does have a redeeming quality which is his unnatural running speed. If not for the fact that he got his speed from repeatedly and unsuccessfully trying to escape from his chores, and that he has piss poor stamina and gets tired very quickly, then I'd have thought that it was impressive, but as usual, the idiot does not fail to disappoint.

"Well, it should be fine. If I'm not mistaken, he should be heading to the treehouse." (Riel)

Somewhere in the forest, there's a treehouse that some of the villagers made in the past. From what I know, this treehouse was made by Vier's dad and his friends when they were kids. More often than not, someone's in the treehouse messing around. This is the main reason why the kids(boys) are bummed whenever we aren't allowed to enter the forest. 

"If we're lucky, he's probably on the ground trying to catch his breath." (Vier)

"I'm pretty sure we don't need to be lucky for that. Well, let's stop running and start walking, it's pretty tiring after all. After all, it's not like he's gonna be on the run for long," (Riel)

"Good thinking Riel! You're a genius!" (Vier)

"Vier..." (Riel)

Unlike the idiot, Vier is too precious for this world. While the older boys treat me like a kid and won't let me join them, Vier had always followed me around like a baby chick. Although it does get kind of boring not being able to talk to someone my (mental)age, he makes up for it by just being the most adorable being on this planet. One of the cutest things about him is that he tends to exaggerate whenever I do something remotely impressive. Case in point, thinking I'm a genius just because I came up with an idea that any sane human being can come up with. Ah, Vier, so innocent and so naive, I have to make sure you don't get swindled in the future.

"AAAAAAAAAH!!!!" (Idiot)

It was then that we heard the idiot scream. We didn't even have the time to wonder what the cause was as it took him a grand total of ten seconds to pass us as he ran in the opposite direction. I have personally never seen him run that fast before. While I was switching my thoughts from what caused the scream to why is he running that fast, a loud howl coupled with the sound of footsteps quickly approaching soon answered both questions. 

"AWOOOOO!!!"

The moment Vier and I turned to look at the source of the noise, we immediately ran in the same direction the idiot ran. 

"Rieeeeeeel!" (Vier)

"Vieeeeeeer!" (Riel)

""AAAAAAAAAAAH!!!"" (Both)

THAT IDIOT! HE ACTUALLY BROUGHT A WOLF TOWARDS US! 

"YOU IDIOT!!!" (Riel)

Before we knew it, we managed to catch up, no, pass the idiot. It seems that we're also experiencing the same speed boost as he did. But, when I looked back, it all made sense now. It wasn't that we were speeding up, it's that he was slowing down. It didn't take long for the wolf to catch up to him. The wolf was merely a neck away from the idiot, moments away from pouncing on him. At that moment, I made a decision. I would rather die to the wolf than die to Mother. I can't let my scapegoat die.

"TAKE THIS!" (Riel)

Quickly, I picked up a stone and aimed it at the wolf's eyes. I threw it and it hit its left eye. The wolf, surprised and angered by the stone, was distracted for a split second. Within that tiny window, I hurriedly grabbed another one and threw it towards the wolf. On alert, the wolf managed to dodge sideways, but that gave me enough time to throw another one. The wolf once again dodged and changed targets from the idiot to me. Noticing that, I quickly run to my the right.

When I looked behind, I saw the wolf was quickly approaching me. Due to the fact that the wolf was faster than me, the distance between us grew shorter and shorter. 

'Fuck! As if my life wasn't doomed already, now I have to deal with a fucking wolf!'

Soon, the wolf caught up.

'Ah, I guess I'm dead. I thought life was shitty when I died young last time, but it seems that life is even shittier than I thought considering I'm about to die even younger. I wonder if I get isekaid again, or maybe this is just some fever dream that I'm having and I didn't get isekaid... Bullshit. I know this is real, it's been too real to be fake. It's so real that it's shitty. Shitty developers making a shitty story where a character goes through shitty stuff and lives a shitty life. Shitty God killing me off early twice in a row. Fuck all of you! I'll show you! I'll show all of you that you don't mess with this son of a bitch! And I'll start with this shitty fucking wolf!'

And so, I decided to give this godforsaken world one last present from me, an uppercut straight to the wolf''s jaw, stunning it... Stunning it!?

"What the–" (Riel)

Before I could finish comprehending what just happened, the wolf stood back up and lunged towards me. In response, I gave the wolf a roundhouse kick straight to the head, knocking it out. While I was contemplating whether or not I should run away before it regains consciousness, my body decided to move by itself. 

Kill it

I then proceeded to beat the wolf. From the pain, the wolf regained consciousness but couldn't do anything as I pinned it down and continued to lay a barrage of hits. The wolf whimpered, but I, no, my body refused to stop. Eventually, the whimpering stopped and the wolf was dead. I took a moment to compose myself and organized my thoughts. As I stood back up, an immense feeling of relief flooded in.

"Ha...HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! FUCK YOU WORLD! YOU THINK YOU CAN JUST KILL ME LIKE THAT HUH?! FUCK YOU THINK YOU'RE KILLING? ME? FUCK YOU–" (Riel)

However, that sense of relief was quickly replaced my unnerving dread. I slowly turned around to see a monster much scarier than the wolf.

"Riel~ Why are you in the forest~" (Mother)

"M-mother! I-I can explain–" (Riel)

"Really? It seems that you have a lot of explaining to do then~" (Mother)

'Fuck'

 

 

 

12