6. Necromancer
27 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today, I’m walking to school. Even though the sky is gray and it’s raining slightly, I diligently push forward, enduring such extreme weather conditions.

[Stamina +5 exp]

Suddenly, I see a dead bird lying on the side of the pavement. I decide to inspect it.

It’s a crow or perhaps a raven, and it didn’t have any visible injuries, yet it was without a shadow of doubt, dead.

[Perception failed +1exp]

Intrigued, I pick it up and put it inside the schoolbag where all my notebooks and textbooks are.
I’m going to examine it later, after all, dark birds like this one were often known to be familiars of evil sorcerers and necromancers.

[Quest: examine the bird]

Speaking of necromancy, I’ll have you know I dabbled in that forbidden path in the past. There are many roads to immortality, cultivation isn’t the only one!

[Quest: resurrect the crow/raven and make it your minion]

Frankly speaking, I can just take it home, but I want to share the rare drop with my sworn brothers.
Also, my attendance is almost below 50% and I really don’t want to fail the year.

The classes take place in a classroom pavilion. Here, a balding middle-aged old master screams at us about some stupid shit all the time, while everyone except the guys in the first row ignores him and does whatever we want.

This is a perfect moment to experiment with the carcass. I beacon to my sworn brothers, and they come to my desk, forming a circle in such a way that the master won’t be able to see what we’re doing.

Their faces are lit with anticipation. They probably think I brought some new cool medicational pills to school. Little do they know I have something better!

I open my schoolbag and take out the dead bir…

Wtf is this!? My entire bag is soaked in some kind of stinking substance.
Books, notebooks, everything...did this come from the bird? But it was dry when I put it in...is this some kind of hidden ability of the bird? It must be some magical creature after all!

“WTF IS THIS”

Exclaims one of my sworn brothers, an expression of disgust on his face.

“I’m not sure” I answer truthfully “But I’m going to conduct experimentations to examine it!”

I put the bird on the desk, a puddle of suspicious fluid forms beneath it immediately.

“YOU SURE ARE NOT” suddenly, the master is upon us. “Mikhail you imbecile, I thought you are an imbecile, but you are even greater imbecile than I took you for! Explain this!”

“Excuse me, my name is Long Dong”

“You are mentally ill, and so is your criminal family. You are a waste of air! You will rot in prison, just like your good for nothing father you…”

[Quest: save face and punish the arrogant old master for insulting your clan]

No need to tell me, blue box! I grab my undead minion and shout

“Dark Raven, fly and devour everything in your wake!”

Then I throw the bird at the master, the carcass hitting him straight in the face with a loud slapping sound.

[Quest: save face and punish the arrogant old master for insulting your clan: Successful, + 10 exp]

Haha, he wanted me to lose face, but he lost face instead!

[Quest:  resurrect the crow/raven and make it your minion: Successful, +10 exp, Necromancy skill tree unlocked]

Oooh, necromancy skill tree? What’s that? Super interesting, I’ll check it out later.

[Quest: examine the bird: Failed]

[New Quest: survive]

….Wait what?

1